PDA

View Full Version : 4th Degree Misdemeanor

XCreepingDeathX
07-08-2008, 07:07 AM
I got one last night. First thing on criminal record. I'm currently 16.

How bad is this and how much will it affect my future (aka colleges, scholarship, employment)?

Belphegor
07-08-2008, 07:28 AM
None. It can be expunged. Unless it was a drug offense, which only some state legislatures have passed laws on that.

disco
07-08-2008, 07:49 AM
4th degree? What is that, mischief? I wouldn't worry about it.

Cantinflas
07-08-2008, 07:58 AM
What were you doing?

XCreepingDeathX
07-08-2008, 08:00 AM
I was eating her out in the back of her Explorer in a public park and I guess someone saw us and called the popos...

It was indecent exposure.

Thanks for the responses, I was really worried this would **** up all my scholarships I had lined up...

Cantinflas
07-08-2008, 08:31 AM
I was eating her out in the back of her Explorer in a public park and I guess someone saw us and called the popos...

It was indecent exposure.

Thanks for the responses, I was really worried this would **** up all my scholarships I had lined up...

LOL

XCreepingDeathX
07-08-2008, 08:32 AM
LOL

It's called serious discussion for a reason you dip****.

Cantinflas
07-08-2008, 08:37 AM
Sorry. Well at least you were getting some, and its 4th degree which is nothing just like a smack on the hand.

XCreepingDeathX
07-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Sorry. Well at least you were getting some, and its 4th degree which is nothing just like a smack on the hand.

I forgive you. You could have written that first and it would have been fine. I've never had any involvement in the criminal justice system before so for all I know a 4th degree misdemeanor is like massive ****.

Cantinflas
07-08-2008, 08:42 AM
Yea I'd be pretty ****ing scared.

Otaku
07-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Google'd "fourth degree misdemeanor", fortunately the Ohio one was the first result. :rolleyes:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - CRIMINAL SENTENCES IN OHIO (http://www.clelaw.lib.oh.us/Public/Misc/FAQs/Sentencing.html)

And you're a minor, so...shouldn't matter.

edit: nice cause, lulz.

Belphegor
07-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Yea. Thats nothing. Just remember after 6 months to check into your local juvenile courts about expunging your record. You can have your file completely terminated, so not even the cops would know you done something in the past.

XCreepingDeathX
07-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Yea. Thats nothing. Just remember after 6 months to check into your local juvenile courts about expunging your record. You can have your file completely terminated, so not even the cops would know you done something in the past.
Oh wow, I'll have to do that. Thanks a bunch man. I was really worried.

Google'd "fourth degree misdemeanor", fortunately the Ohio one was the first result. :rolleyes:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - CRIMINAL SENTENCES IN OHIO (http://www.clelaw.lib.oh.us/Public/Misc/FAQs/Sentencing.html)

And you're a minor, so...shouldn't matter.

edit: nice cause, lulz.
already read that, didn't really say anything about whether it would affect my future prospects or not though. Thanks hun ;)

thnx u all, I'm okay now. <3 everyone

MiCrOz
07-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Anything at a county level will never show up on a background check after all fines have been paid. The only time it might ever come up is if you were arrested again.

ScAreCroW
07-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Even though you say it's resolved, I got charged with an offense higher than 4th degree misdemeanor, I was charged with private data manipulation, mischief, and theft. I was 17, two months later I turned 18, stopped by the department of justice, and they cleared my record. I now have nothing on my record

Jinai
07-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah, it isn't that much to worry about, 4th degree isn't that bad.

LCS
07-08-2008, 02:39 PM
I don't know what a 4th Degree Misdemeanor is but in March I got arrested and almost got time for it (I turned 18 in February). Initially I got charged with a Class A Misdemeanor (it was almost a Felony) and Reckless Endangerment of a Human Being (I got a good lawyer and the second charge was total bull**** because the cops were *******s, so it got dropped and I only got charged with a Class A Misdemeanor). Get a lawyer and see if you can get a plea in abeyance so you can get it expunged from your record. Basically a plea in abeyance is where you plea guilty to your crime and the judge can accept the plea in abeyance and you have to stay out of trouble for a time period (mine is a year) and you don't get convicted for the crime and it gets off your record. But by pleating guilty you can be convicted if the judge is an ******* and doesn't accept your plea in abeyance. If you get the plea in abeyance and you get in trouble again you get convicted for the new crime along with the original one. So basically if I get arrested for anything I'm going to jail.
Anyways I hope everything I just said is correct, because that's how I understood it all when I got into some trouble.
My best advice to you is get a good lawyer / attorney and talk with him about your case.

AnAlbinoAligator
07-08-2008, 03:32 PM
its nothin bad just like a smack on the back of the head me and my friends got introuble because we were skating while my friend turned on music on the back of his car and i was "disturbin the peace" when there was ABSOLUTELY noone there....another way the man trying to keep us down (no hippieness)

Belphegor
07-08-2008, 06:16 PM
I don't know what a 4th Degree Misdemeanor is but in March I got arrested and almost got time for it (I turned 18 in February). Initially I got charged with a Class A Misdemeanor (it was almost a Felony) and Reckless Endangerment of a Human Being (I got a good lawyer and the second charge was total bull**** because the cops were *******s, so it got dropped and I only got charged with a Class A Misdemeanor). Get a lawyer and see if you can get a plea in abeyance so you can get it expunged from your record. Basically a plea in abeyance is where you plea guilty to your crime and the judge can accept the plea in abeyance and you have to stay out of trouble for a time period (mine is a year) and you don't get convicted for the crime and it gets off your record. But by pleating guilty you can be convicted if the judge is an ******* and doesn't accept your plea in abeyance. If you get the plea in abeyance and you get in trouble again you get convicted for the new crime along with the original one. So basically if I get arrested for anything I'm going to jail.
Anyways I hope everything I just said is correct, because that's how I understood it all when I got into some trouble.
My best advice to you is get a good lawyer / attorney and talk with him about your case.You are 100% correct, except none of this applies to him, hes a minor. 16 is not 18. His sentence cannot be served in time, he'll get minor fines, and at most a probationary sentence. I looked up the state legislature from where he is, it looks like not even that. The fine is very small, and only carries a max sentence of 30 days, so that would be the same for a probationary/parole sentence.

Jinai
07-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Yup, since you are a minor, not much applies to you as if you were at an older age. If you did something like 6th, when you were 18, then you'd have something to worry about.

Indefinite
07-08-2008, 08:40 PM
I was eating her out in the back of her Explorer in a public park and I guess someone saw us and called the popos...The **** would anyone call for such a thing? Some people have to be bored and deserve to have their head smashed.

poison_us
07-08-2008, 08:54 PM
i think we all get the point...its basically like being caught with your hand (or tongue) in the cookie jar...you get a lil punishment, but it doesnt really matter...besides, i like the reason...but did you have to pay money/do jail time?
i bet not, unless the judge is a woman
men seem to go easier if the charge is of certain (sexual) conditions

OmegaMatrix
07-08-2008, 09:16 PM
My best advice to you is get a good lawyer / attorney and talk with him about your case.
Now I'm interested.

What did you do?

Mookster
07-08-2008, 10:36 PM
My little Creeping Death, how you've grown.
You're now fully exposed death.

Jinai
07-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Haha. That has got to be one of the most retarded reason to get the cops called on you.

XCreepingDeathX
07-09-2008, 08:49 AM
The **** would anyone call for such a thing? Some people have to be bored and deserve to have their head smashed.
Yeah, people are pricks.

My little Creeping Death, how you've grown.
You're now fully exposed death.
I'm a badass 16 year old now...

Basically all that happened was we both had to call our parents and they picked us up, no fines or courts or anything.

Jinai
07-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Yeah, people are pricks.

Basically all that happened was we both had to call our parents and they picked us up, no fines or courts or anything.

Yeah, something as small as that, I wouldn't expect anything to.

poison_us
07-09-2008, 11:21 AM
well, it probably did result in some awkwardness, unless you both lied to your parents...
i know my parents would look at me and my girlfriend funny if they knew i did that
and her parents would have a bounty on my head

Indefinite
07-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Yeah, people are pricks.Point is: who's interest was that anyway?
Besides, I seriously doubt that you were eating her directly in front of someone on some nearby tree.

People aren't just pricks, more like dumb, lazy and bored mofos.

XCreepingDeathX
07-09-2008, 12:21 PM
We both lied to our parents so we didn't get much **** at all. Still awkward though.

Belphegor
07-09-2008, 02:49 PM
Yeah, people are pricks.

Basically all that happened was we both had to call our parents and they picked us up, no fines or courts or anything.No, dont be fooled. It is processed through the courts. Being a ungraded mistermeanor, your right to trial is waved to the lower courts. Should you want to fight it, it is possible.But dont, its senseless as well.

XCreepingDeathX
07-09-2008, 02:57 PM
No, dont be fooled. It is processed through the courts. Being a ungraded mistermeanor, your right to trial is waved to the lower courts. Should you want to fight it, it is possible.But dont, its senseless as well.
Ah but we haven't had to make a court appearance or anything like on Judge Judy. I think I was confused about what courts actually means. I know it was processed through the judicial system, all legal transgressions are, right?

poison_us
07-09-2008, 03:18 PM
any criminal accusation is...but if the person pleads guilty they dont necessarily send you to court with the whole judges and stuff...but thats all for the bigger crimes
for the small stuff, like your misdemeanor, happens...but most likely they will just send you to a judge/magistrate, and then youll be asked if you want to plead innocent/guilty (go with guilty and save yourself time+money, because we all know you ate her out, you lucky bastard)
i really doubt theyll go through all that trouble, but i do live close enough to cinci to know how f*cked up in the mind some people there are...

Synister Sir
07-09-2008, 03:32 PM
I think you might be ok. I haven't really thought much about it ever since that case of arson, but it shouldn't be that big.

Belphegor
07-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Ah but we haven't had to make a court appearance or anything like on Judge Judy. I think I was confused about what courts actually means. I know it was processed through the judicial system, all legal transgressions are, right?Exactly. Thats what I mean by being waived to lower courts. You dont do anything, but it is processed.

XCreepingDeathX
07-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Exactly. Thats what I mean by being waived to lower courts. You dont do anything, but it is processed.
Okay, thank you for clarifying things.