PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft Lag Help

Skriptz
06-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Aight.. I don't have a new computer, just a new tower (for where I put the cd in).

On my old tower, I didn't have any lagging problems in games or nothing. Just everything was just running smooth n' sht. Now, on this new tower I got, whenever I join a game, I lag right there in the chat-mode area before the game starts. Then I lag even worse when the game starts. And I can't find out why I'm lagging with this new tower.

Anybody can help me out here? Tryna fix this lag problem during my game-play.

FlamingAsterix
06-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Are you lagging in any other games? Or could you just be playing really laggy games?

Skriptz
06-30-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm lagging in other games. Idk if it's the tower thing itself, or I need to do something wit the computer so that I could make it to stop lagging. I never used to lag before, until this new tower came into action. So, I'm thinking that I have to do something wit the computer n' stuff. But idk how to do that n' all.

SC_Modder
06-30-2008, 08:07 PM
For the love of god. Your "tower" is a computer. Your screen is a monitor.

That is the correct terminology. Please immediately start using it. You are almost as bad as the people who refer to their entire computers as "CPUs".

Aiur
07-01-2008, 05:57 AM
Are you downloading anything while you play games?

Skriptz
07-01-2008, 08:13 AM
^No.. I'm not.

For the love of god. Your "tower" is a computer. Your screen is a monitor.

That is the correct terminology. Please immediately start using it. You are almost as bad as the people who refer to their entire computers as "CPUs".

And I guess.. really don't care, just tryna find out why I'm lagging.^

my_face_is
07-01-2008, 09:16 AM
stop using dial up?

Skriptz
07-03-2008, 03:03 PM

Anyways, I used the "play Starcraft w/o disk" ish, and it stopped lagging. But not as much. Every like 2-5mins, I'm getting lag spikes everywhere.. or even when I try to shoot n' whatnot..

STiMMeD GHoZT
07-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Have you checked that your ports are open? 6112?

Tensaei
07-26-2008, 06:36 AM
Try a virus scan. I remember my game acting weird, my friend suggested a virus scan, and when it was all cleaned up Starcraft worked properly.

j.burnsie
07-26-2008, 10:22 AM
maybe you just have a really bad computer that somehow cant run a game from the
90's???

Abrupt
07-26-2008, 12:24 PM
maybe you just have a really bad computer that somehow cant run a game from the
90's???
i hope that was just a bad joke.
but yeah, your computer might be suckish. other than that, join games with green bars... thats all i can think of atm

kumaar
07-27-2008, 04:43 AM
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "tower", but if you're using the same hard drive as before, I would suggest playing the game without the cd.