PDA

View Full Version : "Battle.net was unable to properly identify your application version"

burgerbirger
06-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Can't log on battle.net
Have tried:
Virus scanning
CCleaner
Changing OS from xp to 2000 pro
Uninstalled firewall
portforward
Reinstalled the game like 10 times or so

Could it be IP ban?

Thought I had figured out the problem today when I went to a friend and installed Zone Alarm. He got the same message and therefore I uninstalled it and it worked fine with him. Went home to do the same thing, but still the same message appears.

Please help, I am hunger for playing SC/BW on this computer. It sucks to play on my laptop.

Belphegor
06-19-2008, 04:32 PM
No hacks right?

burgerbirger
06-19-2008, 04:46 PM
I had a illegal game (like one dl'ed from torrent) to just play with untill my cd's came in mail, but I didn't get it to work. Other than that: None hacks.

Belphegor
06-19-2008, 04:49 PM
Maybe then your missing some files. Other then that, it still could be many many things...

burgerbirger
06-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Like what? I have the original CD's now. Both SC _and_ BW got any suggestions?

Belphegor
06-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Full reinstall should most definitely fix it, and it wont take too long. If not, then we can narrow down a lot quicker whether your just missing files, or are actually having a computability issue.

LCS
06-19-2008, 05:37 PM
If the executable is modified (ex. hex edited or edited with a debugger) it will fail the checksum and it will notify you with that message and not let you proceed onto battle.net. Try going to a store and buying a legit copy of StarCraft for a couple bucks, it's cheap...
Edit: If you have the original CD's just reinstall it and don't try to use any cracks or hacks. You should be able to log onto battle.net if you have a legit copy of the game and valid CD keys.

burgerbirger
06-20-2008, 02:09 AM
I do have the original CD's. Look at what I've tried in the first post. What I find confusing is that my friend could play it. But when he installed Zone Alarm Firewall he couldn't. He then uninstalled it and everything worked perfectly well.

Pure
06-22-2008, 05:33 AM
did you try manualy updating?

Tensaei
06-22-2008, 05:39 AM
This happened to me before.
You've gotta uninstall SC, and remove the StarCraft registry keys. Remember to back up your maps and cd-key.

06-22-2008, 05:58 AM
Well I don't Play Starcraft but I thing that I should give it a try

slimp
07-14-2008, 06:26 PM
That happen to me and like 5-10 minutes later i tried logging on (with hacks) and it worked fine

kumaar
07-27-2008, 04:47 AM
I do have the original CD's. Look at what I've tried in the first post. What I find confusing is that my friend could play it. But when he installed Zone Alarm Firewall he couldn't. He then uninstalled it and everything worked perfectly well.

So the solution is to uninstall Zone Alarm?