PDA

View Full Version : Key-Testing

scottrgr
06-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Hey, I was key-testing with StealthBot, and I didnt know it was illegal or whatever, and I got ip banned.... How long will this last?

Aiur
06-18-2008, 01:16 PM
An IP-ban related to testing invalid cd-keys will last about 2 weeks.

scottrgr
06-18-2008, 01:20 PM
shiiiiiit.... I got a clan to run, this is gonna be pretty inconvenient, but I heard that if I unplug my modem for 24 hours it will give me a new IP address and i'll be able to play again.. Is this true?

Aiur
06-18-2008, 05:04 PM
It depends. What type of internet connection do you have?

nano351
06-18-2008, 06:01 PM
shiiiiiit.... I got a clan to run, this is gonna be pretty inconvenient, but I heard that if I unplug my modem for 24 hours it will give me a new IP address and i'll be able to play again.. Is this true?
if you have DSL all you have to do is unplug your modem for 5 minutes.

scottrgr
06-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Yea I do have dsl, but it was actually only a 2 hour ban! Bahahaha.

HARD_ON
06-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Static IP: You need to call your ISP and request a new IP address.
Dynamic IP: You simply need to turn your modem off and back on to acquire a new IP address.
Dial-up, DSL, Cable--it doesn't matter. You can still be given a static IP. What DOES matter is what you pick for the package when you first get your Internet connection.

IP temp-bans can last from a few hours (like it did) to a few weeks (like he suggested it would, at max).
You can also use a proxy to anonymize your connection, but they are slow and untrusty.

nano351
06-18-2008, 06:38 PM
Static IP: You need to call your ISP and request a new IP address.
Dynamic IP: You simply need to turn your modem off and back on to acquire a new IP address.
Dial-up, DSL, Cable--it doesn't matter. You can still be given a static IP. What DOES matter is what you pick for the package when you first get your Internet connection.

IP temp-bans can last from a few hours (like it did) to a few weeks (like he suggested it would, at max).
You can also use a proxy to anonymize your connection, but they are slow and untrusty.
hm I didn't know cable users could have dynamic IP's

HARD_ON
06-18-2008, 06:42 PM
I know I did when I had Adelphia. I honestly don't know for sure which rules may apply for default.
Though, I am positive you can have either a static or dynamic for cable.