PDA

View Full Version : 2012

el-camino-ss
05-29-2008, 11:17 AM
So what do you guys think about this?

I guess the world is supposed to shift its axes and lots of weird disasters are supposed to happen.

Discuss

I don't want to die this early.

Aiur
05-29-2008, 11:20 AM
I read somewhere that an "environmental crash" was going to happen in 2012, but I doubt that.

Indefinite
05-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Some people think that some great cataclysm is supposed to happen precisely on 21st of December 2012, as it's the last date in the Maya calendar.
I guess we'll have to wait and see. There have been a lot of so-called prophecies that never happened, so you do the math...

JeweyK
05-29-2008, 12:02 PM
I forgot who said it on here, but everybody that believes the world is going to end in 2012 should be locked up until 2013.

I do not buy all the Mayan Calender controversy.

Otaku
05-29-2008, 12:06 PM
I forgot who said it on here, but everybody that believes the world is going to end in 2012 should be locked up until 2013.

qft.

I think it's bull****.

Ideal Maxima
05-29-2008, 12:21 PM
MEDIA MEDIA MEDIA
gogogo

exzapel
05-29-2008, 12:45 PM
I heard that everyone is going to have a massive mental flash or whatever and everyone is going to reach a new state of consciousness. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

hypn
05-29-2008, 12:52 PM
erm... so because they didn't have enough space for their desk calendars to go past 2012, that's when the world's going to end?

Okay, so they didn't have desk calendars back then, but I bet they were working on their next 2000 year calendar when they got wiped out.

While we're on the topic of 2012 being the end of the world... Philadelphia Experiment: Montauk Experiment (http://www.think-aboutit.com/Misc/philadelphia_experiment.htm) ("No one has picked up a tangible future beyond 2012 AD" - oh noes!!!)

LoyaL
05-29-2008, 01:09 PM
All of this is wrong lol.

The theory that is supported by astronomers has nothing to do with all of that.

THe Mayans were famous for having painstakingly accurate calendars based on astronomy, they were avid star worshipers even by today's standards. In the year 2012, the Earth will be passing through an Asteroid Field known as the ?Kaiper? Belt. Now, the Mayans didn't have the tools we have today, so they probably assumed that meant the end of the world. Who knows? Regardless, I am sure this has beenstudied and the trajectories all worked out, and We are probably fine.

hypn
05-29-2008, 01:14 PM
We are probably fine.

but it wont matter if we aren't ;)

LoyaL
05-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Exactly. I'll be 21. Old enough to have fun, never living to have responsibility.

^_^)

JeweyK
05-29-2008, 01:44 PM
I actually do see this happening if Hilary is elected into presidency. Sorry, had to say it.

Zaund
05-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Scare tactic lol. Remember a few years ago when mad cow was gonna get us all! Who remembers the Bird Flu. According to the media we should all be underground by now haha.

QFT:

The only thing the Mayan's were right about was that they wouldn't need a calender in 2012

nano351
05-29-2008, 01:56 PM
I think this is nothing to worry about. It's almost like when everyone was freaking out about the Y2k bug and nothing bad happened from that...

LoyaL
05-29-2008, 01:58 PM
that's a lot different.

You would have to have been a complete idiot to believe int he Y2K bug, let alone computer illiterate.

Zhuinden
05-29-2008, 02:08 PM
I think it was something like it is a new world cycle, and it's not "the end of the world". Something is supposed to happen.

Calaspawn
05-29-2008, 02:45 PM

I do not buy all the Mayan Calender controversy.

I'm pretty sure I said that

*goes to check past posts*

Edit: my posts don't go past page 20 :(

Super
05-29-2008, 03:15 PM
by 2012 gamepin will reach 50,000 posts, causing the server to crash and resulting in half this forum turning suicidal. This is the only doomsday that makes sense to me.

nova587
05-29-2008, 03:28 PM
by 2012 gamepin will reach 50,000 posts, causing the server to crash and resulting in half this forum turning suicidal. This is the only doomsday that makes sense to me.

The sad this is most of us are probably still going to be here by 2012.

Calaspawn
05-29-2008, 03:31 PM
The sad this is most of us are probably still going to be here by 2012.

I'll still be here in 2042

el-camino-ss
05-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Untitled (http://www.geocities.com/mw0440/earth.html)

XxMolag BalxX
05-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Accelerated healing and accelerated evolution will be occurring constantly for one full year!
AWESOME!
I guess we will just have to wait and see untill 2012 I think its just a hoax.

LoyaL
05-30-2008, 12:04 AM
****ing Jesus Freeks strike again...

el-camino-ss
05-30-2008, 12:05 AM
****ing Jesus Freeks strike again...

this has science involved, not jesus

MH-c1
05-30-2008, 03:12 AM
dont worry about 2012.

the idiots at cern has decided to kill us earlier with a blackhole.

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
05-30-2008, 03:55 AM
Yes, microscopic black holes will eat all matter in the earth. I dont see how the earth can just flip its rotational axis, does inertia not exist? Wouldnt everything just ****ing flip all over the place if the world was to just stop rotating at the equator and start rotating somewhere else?

HARD_ON
05-30-2008, 04:26 AM
We'd fall off the ground and suffocate, for starters.

And, I suppose since the Earth is spinning 1,000 mph, if it would stop instantly, everyone along with everything would break the speed of sound.

Off-topic: It's kinda funny how our counting system seems to mesh with everything else in this world--in perfect order. Like, the thousandth year for example. It just so happens to be this claimed "doom-day". Basically, all I'm say is: Time seems so well worked out as for planned events.

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
05-30-2008, 04:35 AM
I mean, if the earth has supposedly gone under this many times, did mountains not exist back then? Wouldnt mountains crumble under that kind of stress? I mean, if the whole mountain just suddenly wanted to shoot at 1000mph, I would surely think that would want to **** something up.

HARD_ON
05-30-2008, 05:23 AM
I think you've got a point, KC.

Take a small ball of (whatever size you see 'fit' as a scaled replica of the Earth) magnetic powder and a small magnetic "core" for the powder to lay on and make a ball of rubbish with lumps and dips, since gravity isn't something you can "create". :lol: Spin it according to it's size (I'm not in the mood for math. Figure it out yourself) and stop-reverse spin it as sudden as you can. What happens to the unshaped ball after a few times? It'll more than likely begin to flatten out and kinda reconstitutionalize into a nice(r) ball.

Atleast, that's my prediction. I'm no scientist/physicist. We're DSG when you need him? A better idea might be to make a replica of "artificial gravity" using inertia, since magnets have a tendency to do odd things unlike gravity would, but I can't imagine what that be like.

el-camino-ss
05-30-2008, 08:33 AM
I mean, if the earth has supposedly gone under this many times, did mountains not exist back then? Wouldnt mountains crumble under that kind of stress? I mean, if the whole mountain just suddenly wanted to shoot at 1000mph, I would surely think that would want to **** something up.

its not supposed to do it instantly, I read its supposed to take up to 8 months to happen. Lots of places will go underwater.

Thats why a lot of people thing Atlantis is frozen under the north poll.

And if it did happen before, which apparently theres proof, we obviously survived.

Cantinflas
05-30-2008, 11:38 AM
Oh well.
If that does happen, I'll be semi dissapointed... I wouldn't want the world to go out without zombies or some ****ed up bio-weapon.

exzapel
05-30-2008, 11:59 AM
YouTube - Mayan 2012 Secrets Revealed pt1/18 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8SWUJvvTGA)

LoyaL
05-30-2008, 01:17 PM
this has science involved, not jesus

The Bible mentions Noah's ark , see;{Genesis 7:11:}{Genisis 6:17:}

Recently off the east coast of Canada they made a boring in the ocean's floor and within this was found small seashells which attach themselves to the bottom in 'clumps'. These clumps have twists due to specific paticle flows in and around the earth, just as hurricanes have twists as seen in the image below;

... or water escaping down a drainhole has a twist. The twist runs the opposite direction from one side of the equator to the other. Areas of no twist are on the equator itself.

According to several layers of boring here and elsewhere, the earth's clamshell clumps having twist factors in their groupings are evidence that the earth's magnetic poles must change 120 degrees every few thousand years, as these must base their twist factors from the same effect as hurricanes. In relation to the sun, no planet can change too much in it's relation of poles. Suns feed planets particles which release back to the sun in a loop. This is an action of the solarsphere's system. If the earth's poles shifted only, this would create a serious problem with the system. Another interesting thing to consider is the force involved when the earth suddenly changes spin axis. This same force which brought the continents apart may cause new continents to emerge from the ocean's depths after this next spin axis change. Some may fall, some may rise. Considering all the evidence, it is possible for the earth to 'stretch out' in such a way that a new continent could rise from the mid south pacific ocean. It is also possible that South America may nearly become connected with Antarctica. Since man has not been around long enough to record any previous changes in axis, we must look for other sources of evidence..{please refer to Walter C.Wright's "Gravity is a Push" for source evidence resources.}

When could the next 120 degree axis shift take place?

Pointing from 3 major sources of what I would call evidence... keeping in mind the only thing we could really call evidence would be earth core rotation speed of which we have no bearing in which to measure how slow it can really go... Source 1: Great pyramid, Egypt: a timeline in the form of a solid hallway has predicted the last 2 world wars to perfection in it's hallway turns. This hallway describes each foot to be 1 year. Soon the hallway ends, in 2012, and at the end of this hallway is a room with a hole in the floor. Source 2: Mayan prediction: The Mayans built a large stone gear predicting several major earth events without fault, but what is more interesting is that the gear wheel runs out of teeth to move upon in 2012. Source 3: A new book entitled, "The Bible Code", which shows that based on mathematical improbabilities pointing to certain texts in the bible in it's origional language, describes that in 2012, a large comet will break up in earth's atmosphere; This is precisely what would trigger a sudden axis shift, because a sudden cooling of the earth from a surrounding dust cloud would cause the north and south poles to freeze so large, that the earth would wobble out of control, quite easily settling upon it's new rotational axis as it span upon just about 24000 years ago. This is by the way an extraordinay book which was written after the auther discovered his 'bible code' predictions to have come true already.

Additional Earth news; An enourmous galactic particle eruption wave possible... (Hazardous) Evidence I haven't confirmed but have decided to ad it to the site anyway. Click here to see the page

Bible skeptic? C.I.A. spy sattelite recently declassified this image... perhaps you can guess what it is.

Author's e-mail adress= [email protected]

CrazyGerbilEater
05-30-2008, 01:18 PM
if none of you knew, which im sure some of you do know. Is that a huge solar flare is going to hit earth. the largest solar flare the sun in going to make for awhile. It goes in cycles, and we are at the part of the cycle in which it hits its greatest point in 2012. at least that is what i remember.

so if all electronics that arent sheilded from emp's, suddenly get hit by a solar flare, which is like an emp. What will happen?? Chaos?? most likley, if in fact it affects us at all.
NASA - Solar Storm Warning (http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2006/10mar_stormwarning.htm)

Belphegor
05-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Either way, do more research on this 2012. Not only the Mayans had a sort of "special event", or "change in earths history", or "rebirth by flames" predictions on this year. Multiple cultures, from different reaches of the world also had similar tales of sort. But they also have come from many different generations, some questioning even in contact with the outer world it be so long ago lore.

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
05-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Hmm, I was reading this guys blog and apparently in 2012 there is suppose to be some kind of apocalypse with a creature of some sort
http://zptr.net/r/130
I think he is super cereal

But cerealsy, if the world was going to end, would you really want to know about it?

Cantinflas
05-30-2008, 08:48 PM
But cerealsy, if the world was going to end, would you really want to know about it?

I guess.. I wouldnt want to be as clueless as those sorry bastards in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. They had like 10 seconds warning.
sorry but thats pwn.

LCS
05-30-2008, 09:54 PM
this one dude i met the other day named Spacecube told me that in 2012 we are going to gain knowledge and be able to communicate telepathically.

exzapel
05-30-2008, 10:09 PM
This kid who claims to be the nephew of the guy who brought Wicca stateside said that too.
It must be true.

Cantinflas
05-30-2008, 10:26 PM
im sorry but......

lol.

Aristocrat
06-10-2008, 08:02 PM
A program predicted 9/11 6 months before it happened, now it's predicting SOMETHING in 2012.

Lurk more

Nukes will be the end

-187-
06-10-2008, 08:24 PM
I personally don't think the world is going to end because and old ass calandar said so...

exzapel
06-10-2008, 08:38 PM
A program predicted 9/11 6 months before it happened, now it's predicting SOMETHING in 2012.

Lurk more

Nukes will be the end
Link?

Aristocrat
06-11-2008, 12:48 PM
History channel.

hba
06-11-2008, 04:02 PM
So what do you guys think about this?
Mayan Calendar (http://www.saxakali.com/historymam7.htm)

My heritage derives from the Mayans and although I don't personally find this 'end of the world' credible to the mathematics, I would still chance at being taken by surprise.

disco
06-11-2008, 04:13 PM
It's the day Rosie O'Donnell will collapse in on herself.

hba
06-11-2008, 04:15 PM
It's they day that those who wish to deem themselves our masters will succumb to judgement.

Whether this judgement will suffice in our own personal insight of their conducts, we will not know until it's too late.

There will be blood.

Empathy
06-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Its all about the number 23!
ITS EVERYWHERE!

Thats the best way to sum up the petty fears of 2012.
Seriously it is a joke. The Myan Calender ends December 21th, 2012. So what? It does not mean we are all doomed to a horrible fate.
****ing 2012 bandwagon.

Dick
06-13-2008, 11:14 AM
The way I feel is why ****ing worry, if it happens we probably won't even see it coming, which is really a great way to go.

MiCrOz
06-13-2008, 12:18 PM
This pretty much sums it up for me:

Maya civilization, known for advanced writing, mathematics and astronomy, flourished for centuries in Mesoamerica, especially between A.D. 300 and 900. Its Long Count calendar, which was discontinued under Spanish colonization, tracks more than 5,000 years, then resets at year zero.

"For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle," says Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies in Crystal River, Fla. To render Dec. 21, 2012, as a doomsday or moment of cosmic shifting, she says, is "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."
Think of the mayan calender as the odometer in your car, once you reach 99,999 (assuming you don't have a hundred thousand digit), it simply resets to 0 and starts all over. THATS IT, no 'end of the world', simply just resetting to zero.

HARD_ON
06-13-2008, 07:51 PM
This pretty much sums it up for me:

Think of the mayan calender as the odometer in your car, once you reach 99,999 (assuming you don't have a hundred thousand digit), it simply resets to 0 and starts all over. THATS IT, no 'end of the world', simply just resetting to zero.
Yes, they were too lazy to throw a few more stones in that say "No more calendar". Lazy Mexicans.

But, in all truthful honestly, I don't believe this is a "clock". It's not even close to fair that all of the world's fate lies on a calendar made by a civilization that technically never existed.

Everyone predicted 9/11.

My cat took a **** in the shape of towers going down.
I farted and my butthole said "9/11".
My world-trade monitor program crashed on the 911'th program error.
Will Smith (http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/219/1213207218359dl4.gif).

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
06-14-2008, 12:57 AM
It was attacked once, its not like everyone didnt know it was a target.

NickF
06-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Give me some proof, other than the ancient mayans ran out of room on there stones, that the world will end in 2012.

CrazyGerbilEater
06-14-2008, 08:39 PM
solar flare!!!!!!

Perma
06-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Does anyone else find it amazing that the same few discussions are repeated over and over again in "serious" discussion?

NickF
06-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Does anyone else find it amazing that the same few discussions are repeated over and over again in "serious" discussion?

Yeah, I've noticed that too :big_smile:
I've never gotten involved in this particular one in the past, however.

Ranged
06-17-2008, 01:49 PM
I'll still be here in 2042

Battlefield ^^

I think nothing will happens.Anyway by that time il get a 400mW Green lasers ^^ So if im still alive at that time il have some funs with it at least.

Jinai
07-08-2008, 09:49 AM
I don't think we're going to die on 2012. Not that early. But yes, the world is said to switch rotation and people have been saying either a bunch of natural disasters are supposed to happen, or we go back through Earth's transformations.
That's just my opnion.
But I'll tell you what, if I see meteors or some **** falling from the sky, I'm shooting myself lol. I'd rather die instantly then burn to death.

Jinai
07-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Haha yeah, a lot of the discussions here are either repeats, or not too serious. But whatever.

j.burnsie
07-09-2008, 06:54 AM
rumours rumours and more rumours
whether this shift in the axis really takes place, i dont know. no one knows for 100%. there some rumour a meteor is supposed to strike the earth and destroy us all, but then again all rumours. of course something like this can happen but the chances are veryslim. and whats soo special about 2012.. nothing. might as well be in 1000 years when weve already screwed ourselves over

Rdy2Killz
07-09-2008, 07:09 AM
Jinai, use the EDIT button if you want to add something to your last post.

On topic, I don't believe the world will end, I just think something important might happen. As someone else said, there have been a lot of useless predictions so far. And we're still alive.

Jinai
07-09-2008, 08:21 AM
I know, sorry. Won't happen again. Already got warned. Didn't know there was one until late yesterday.

But yeah, who cares if there is people who predicted it? There's been 100's of other dates predicted we were going to die. But did we? Obviously not. Y2K, 6-6-06, and many many others.

Khamul
07-09-2008, 09:43 AM
Werd...

This is total bull****. Why the hell would it happen all of a sudden? Ok wow, nevermind pollution n ****, but "mother nature" is going to "fight back" Who the **** is going to believe a green blade of grass killed the world? lol

Mobilus
07-09-2008, 09:45 AM
The earth's pole switch won't happen overnight, and it won't even happen over 4 years. It takes an estimated 500-1000 years possibly for the earth to slow to a stop and then after the pole switch start spinning again.

However during this time we will lose our EM shield which means we will be totally dependent on our ozone and our atmosphere to make up for all the extra radiation and try to block it. Funny thing is, all the global warming deniers really could care less if we have an ozone by then sooo.....

Rdy2Killz
07-09-2008, 10:27 AM
But it's already been like 2008 years, not counting BC. So why hasn't it happened sooner?

Jinai
07-09-2008, 11:01 AM
But it's already been like 2008 years, not counting BC. So why hasn't it happened sooner?

That's a good point. But I guess it's going to now.

exzapel
07-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Why would it? That's like saying "I was born 18 years ago, but why didn't it happen before then?" It just didn't.

-187-
07-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Nothing is going to happen, just watch.

TooT
07-17-2008, 10:59 PM
to what sum1 said on p3, ya i saw that on the history channel (even tho i rly didnt want to) about the program predicting 9/11, and the program also predicting SOMETHING in 2012. this is my thoughts. SOMETHING is going to happen. either a terrorist attack, or the first use of a bio chemical weapon in a big city, or dick cheney fatally shoots george bush. SOMETHING monumental IS...IS IS IS going to happen.

unless a black whole sucks us all up first.

i say **** it all. enjoy life. do everything at least once. when u die, die being able to say "i have done everything i have ever wanted to do. i have had a threesome with my wife and her friend, i have smoked weed till i was blue in the face, and i have gone skydiving naked. and i enjoyed every second of it.", or something like that.... :)

Shin666
07-18-2008, 05:43 AM
to what sum1 said on p3, ya i saw that on the history channel (even tho i rly didnt want to) about the program predicting 9/11, and the program also predicting SOMETHING in 2012. this is my thoughts. SOMETHING is going to happen. either a terrorist attack, or the first use of a bio chemical weapon in a big city, or dick cheney fatally shoots george bush. SOMETHING monumental IS...IS IS IS going to happen.

unless a black whole sucks us all up first.

i say **** it all. enjoy life. do everything at least once. when u die, die being able to say "i have done everything i have ever wanted to do. i have had a threesome with my wife and her friend, i have smoked weed till i was blue in the face, and i have gone skydiving naked. and i enjoyed every second of it.", or something like that.... :)

speaking of black holes...how bout that Large Hadron Acclerator CERN is going on and on about?

edit: also 666get

TwD-SpazZim
07-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Hey, if you guys really think about it, what WILL happen at 12:00 AM December 22nd, 2012, when nothing happened the day before? Think about it, there will be alot of chaos, but not killing chaos, it'll be just crazy :onebigeye:

TooT
07-18-2008, 07:29 PM
lol what??? ^^ i dont get that last one. u mean ppl will b celebrating that it was a false prophecy?

Wholf
07-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Yeah I don't think anyone will be celebrating that it wasn't real, I mean look at all the other predictions of the end of the world..

Eppie
07-18-2008, 08:21 PM
No, silly.
The world is not ending 2012.

It is ending April 13, 2036, when we get hit by a meteor.

han_han
07-18-2008, 08:41 PM
No, silly.
The world is not ending 2012.

It is ending April 13, 2036, when we get hit by a meteor.

The world doesn't end if the human race is wiped out...it's more likely the world will flourish without us.

Eppie
07-19-2008, 03:57 AM
Ya but meteor strike is bad for all life - not just us.
Also if it's big enough it could make big crack in Earth - maybe make another moon.
I would consider that world ending.

MH-c1
07-21-2008, 12:42 PM
No need to worry guys

YouTube - Ridiculously Hot LATINA girl dancing, not asian! (ORIGINAL) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkQenQofxs8)

this person will save us all in a case of emergency.

seriously.

BD-ICY
07-21-2008, 02:50 PM
Some **** was supposed to happen on 6/6/06.

Nothing happened.

ZOMG WE ALL GUNNA DIE!

exzapel
07-21-2008, 03:08 PM
06/06/06 was just a guess, there was no actual prediction behind it.

Shin666
07-22-2008, 12:17 AM
i still think the LHC is gonna kill us all way before 2012

07-22-2008, 01:15 AM
i still think the LHC is gonna kill us all way before 2012

Can you tell me what if LHC??:duh:
I don't think we are gonna die
Of Course there gonna be something terrible in the near future
But I am sure someone will find remedies

Shin666
07-22-2008, 01:19 AM
Can you tell me what if LHC??:duh:
I don't think we are gonna die
Of Course there gonna be something terrible in the near future
But I am sure someone will find remedies

http://www.bwhacks.com/forums/serious-discussion/32959-cern-plan-make-mini-black-holes-test-theory-about-hawking-radiation.html

actually this entire thread is dedicated towards CERN, have a looky-loo

exzapel
07-22-2008, 09:22 AM
2012 might be when the LHC devours earth in a giant blackhole and the survivors in the next dimension gain psychic powers and the world becomes a violent wasteland of dangerous psychics fighting fighting over resources and for their very survival!

Avalon[FR]
07-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Also, in ehm year 2000 i believe, we will have flying cars. It's true. Discuss!
(APT aka Another Pointless Thread)