PDA

View Full Version : Noobs creeping on orig SC

RedSandSasori
04-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Allright over the past few weeks iv been studying and watching.....Battle.net East/West
SC/BW. And iv noticed that noobs are starting to slowly creeping there way onto orig SC
Thats real BS but one of my old clans xfire.com/clans/rghb claims that "They are tired ov having pros on this game"

Any questions on wether or not Noobs should be banned from battle.net???
if so should there be a requirement for ammount of wins???
__________________________________________________ __________________________
Noobs in my view are "Players who arent capable of the simplist tasks such as defeating 4 comps on there own.... or just having a base up and goin in under 10 mnutes"

http://bailly.yann.free.fr/autres/stfu%20noob1.jpg

llafnwod
04-17-2008, 07:34 PM
If you can't see the problem inherent in constantly eliminating "noobs" from a game you should seriously consider culling yourself from the gene pool.

OmegaMatrix
04-17-2008, 07:43 PM
Allright over the past few weeks iv been studying and watching.....Battle.net East/West
SC/BW. And iv noticed that noobs are starting to slowly creeping there way onto orig SC
Thats real BS but one of my old clans xfire.com/clans/rghb claims that "They are tired ov having pros on this game"

Noobs in my view are "Players who arent capable of the simplist tasks such as defeating 4 comps on there own.... or just having a base up and goin in under 10 mnutes"

Without noobs, there won't be pros. Everyone was a "noob" at some point. They became pros through practice. If all noobs were eliminated, then within at least 6 months no one would play SC anymore.

RedSandSasori
04-17-2008, 07:56 PM
ehhh ur right there... but the fact that we where all noobs also means that during that time pros proly felt the same way. But i guess after u look at it from the noob stand point it seems pointless to ban them... thus just constantly pwning them so they stop playing and we pros can have some fun.
Noob in particular i pwned twice in a row... Battle.net US/West User name:HPRA
he is a friend of mine from school but he kinda sucks...
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

MiCrOz
04-17-2008, 08:35 PM
Wow, I didn't know people this stupid knew how to use the internet, let alone a web forum.

Mr.CoolFace
04-17-2008, 11:24 PM

Sadly, I got to this thread too late. Anything good I would have said is taken. This thought of your was never really thought out was it?

Azu
04-18-2008, 12:24 AM
Allright

HARD_ON
04-18-2008, 04:36 AM
Switching to original SC sounds like a great idea for the lesser-good players. Fewer complications and a lot closer to the point of the game. I could bet that's exactly what "Pro's" did themselves.

Khamul
04-18-2008, 06:05 AM
Without noobs, there won't be pros. Everyone was a "noob" at some point. They became pros through practice. If all noobs were eliminated, then within at least 6 months no one would play SC anymore.

nano351
04-18-2008, 08:29 AM
why not just setup a private server and find people you think are good to join it if you are so tired of these "noobs"

Sinz
04-18-2008, 08:44 AM
or if all the "noobs" are creeping to orig sc then why don't you "pro" people move to bw

punture
04-18-2008, 08:51 AM
you were/still are a noob so stfu.

Le-Mon-party
04-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Noobs? Dunno, my definition of noob is "A person who is incapable of facing an opponent w/o using hacks."

Korpze
04-20-2008, 11:40 AM
you were/still are a noob so stfu.

I trained on offline starcraft and got maps from the internet and practiced them. THEN joined BW online so i wouldnt bug the living **** outa everyone.

JustNosey
04-21-2008, 03:49 AM
how much did you earn to call yourself a pro through playing SC last year? .......

Bonum83
04-21-2008, 06:20 AM

y ban new ppl, or ppl that are not as skilled as u say u are?..... doesn't everyone start somewhere?

BD-ICY
04-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Thread starter = Dumbass

RedSandSasori
04-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Yes i believe the fact that i am a dumbass but, also, iv been playing online for 5 yrs plus offline just practicing for another 2. So i (THINK) i deserve to be called a pro plus i have multiple accounts some over 1k wins and under 400 losses.
ex. User Name: Krayz (Us East) 759-234-27 i havnt been on that account in 4ever so it proly got deleted by now..:stare: ex. TheTerranTerror 3k?-3k?-2hundreds? gave that password to someybody else cause i gave up on terran in 2003 so i also gave up on that account...:neutral:
Plus im not saying ban new ppl just ASKING if they should be banned OR NOT!!!???
If i wanted to get bsed by some ppl and proved wrong by some i would have put a poll on this thread...but i DIDNT, just wanted opinions.
Right now im working on an account now User Name: Jelly[XoM] 405-228-85 not quite over 500 but im gettin there havnt been able to play much mom bein a douche...:stare:

Also too add to the fact that there's more noobs on BW than orig. I get bsed by my partners every time i play a melee game, and i didnt even do **** to them.

nano351
04-21-2008, 03:53 PM
i've got a acc with over 5k wins and no losses or draws

chavez300
04-22-2008, 09:16 AM
5k win r u hacking????? lol

MiCrOz
04-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Yes i believe the fact that i am a dumbass but, also, iv been playing online for 5 yrs plus offline just practicing for another 2. So i (THINK) i deserve to be called a pro plus i have multiple accounts some over 1k wins and under 400 losses.
ex. User Name: Krayz (Us East) 759-234-27 i havnt been on that account in 4ever so it proly got deleted by now..:stare: ex. TheTerranTerror 3k?-3k?-2hundreds? gave that password to someybody else cause i gave up on terran in 2003 so i also gave up on that account...:neutral:
Plus im not saying ban new ppl just ASKING if they should be banned OR NOT!!!???
If i wanted to get bsed by some ppl and proved wrong by some i would have put a poll on this thread...but i DIDNT, just wanted opinions.
Right now im working on an account now User Name: Jelly[XoM] 405-228-85 not quite over 500 but im gettin there havnt been able to play much mom bein a douche...:stare:
That post screams "noob" to me..

The_Jelly
04-22-2008, 12:49 PM

Playing a lot doesn't necessarily make you a "pro" nor is having a huge ass record. It merely means you have way too much time on your hands and that you need to go outside. Also, with the garbage on sc you can easily get a 3/2-1 ratio.

Azu
04-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Yes i believe the fact that i am a dumbassGood.
im not saying ban new ppl just ASKING if they should beAnswer: no.

Pureless
04-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Think about it this way:
1. There are way too many noobs to begin with.
2. If you ban all the noobs, there would be like 1/2 the population left.
3. You're being very narrowminded. :D

nano351
04-22-2008, 03:14 PM
I was just looking for an opinion and since this seems to be on topic to this. Would you guys think it'd be worth releasing a hack that would make your starcraft ignore right clicks? I thought this would be useful maybe to train yourself to use hotkeys. Now I'm no pro at playing SC but i think people pay significantly quicker when they use hotkeys instead of right clicks.

Hostile
04-23-2008, 03:06 AM
It's a good thing that certain people here are too retarded to do anything about it anyways... so whining continue! (Maybe it will fix something... eventually? lol)