PDA

View Full Version : US East down?

cowpoop2
04-07-2008, 12:23 PM
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9999/bnetvu0.png
I only get this problem on US-East - can connect to US West perfectly.

Any solutions?

iNNeR
04-07-2008, 12:40 PM
US East is not down. It's you.

cowpoop2
04-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I figured. But I don't get what's wrong... I work fine on a Realm that's farther than my location (low latency on it too) - but not on the realm I always play on?

Aiur
04-07-2008, 06:15 PM
It's working for me. I'm connected right now.

xXgHoStXx
04-07-2008, 06:26 PM
you probably got ipbanned
when did it started happening?

TheReaper89
04-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Change your IP Address and you can play again. it happens sometimes, changing your IP works and is easy, you can change or wait weeks to get your acc back. if you need instructions ill PM them to you.

1. Click on "Start" in the bottom left hand corner of screen
2. Click on "Run"
3. Type in "command" and hit ok

You should now be at an MSDOS prompt screen.

4. Type "ipconfig /release" just like that, and hit "enter"
5. Type "exit" and leave the prompt
6. Right-click on "Network Places" or "My Network Places" on your desktop.
7. Click on "properties"

You should now be on a screen with something titled "Local Area Connection", or something close to that, and, if you have a network hooked up, all of your other networks.

8. Right click on "Local Area Connection" and click "properties"
9. Double-click on the "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" from the list under the "General" tab
10. Click on "Use the following IP address" under the "General" tab
11. Create an IP address (It doesn't matter what it is. I just type 1 and 2 until i fill the area up).
12. Press "Tab" and it should automatically fill in the "Subnet Mask" section with default numbers.
13. Hit the "Ok" button here
14. Hit the "Ok" button again

You should now be back to the "Local Area Connection" screen.

15. Right-click back on "Local Area Connection" and go to properties again.
16. Go back to the "TCP/IP" settings
17. This time, select "Obtain an IP address automatically"
tongue.gif 18. Hit "Ok"
19. Hit "Ok" again
20. You now have a new IP address

With a little practice, you can easily get this process down to 15 seconds.

P.S:
This only changes your dynamic IP address, not your ISP/IP address. If you plan on hacking a website with this trick be extremely careful, because if they try a little, they can trace it back.

Credits To Crooksey. A Great Friend Of Mine Gave Me Permission To Post.

If You Dont Trust me, Go Here: How To Change Your Ip Address. - In Less Than one Minute, Change Your Ip! (http://www.astahost.com/info.php/how...ss_t15826.html)

All reps go to Clap The Rat, not me, this is the PM he sent me.

Hope it helps :)

cowpoop2
04-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Alright, so I'm assuming I was banned? I'm not sure why since the hacks "aren't detected".

I'll try what you suggested Reaper (I'm familiar with changing my IP but this method is a bit newer to me - thanks).

Edit: Didn't work. I'm thinking about just leaving my router off overnight to tweak my IP, hopefully this will work.

Any tips on not getting banned?

MiCrOz
04-08-2008, 11:55 AM
1. You don't get IP banned from hacking
2. Go to whatismyip.com and see what your IP current is, then do what reaper said, and go back to the site to see if it changed
3. If that doesn't work, go into Start -> Run -> type cmd -> in the MSDos window, type ping useast.battle.net and see if you can get a ping.

cowpoop2
04-08-2008, 12:40 PM
1. You don't get IP banned from hacking
2. Go to whatismyip.com and see what your IP current is, then do what reaper said, and go back to the site to see if it changed
3. If that doesn't work, go into Start -> Run -> type cmd -> in the MSDos window, type ping useast.battle.net and see if you can get a ping.
1)Alright thanks
2)I'll try it again.
3)I got 32 ping

MiCrOz
04-08-2008, 12:51 PM
So you can ping USEast, but still not connect? Are you running any software firewalls or behind a router?

cowpoop2
04-08-2008, 03:34 PM
So you can ping USEast, but still not connect? Are you running any software firewalls or behind a router?
I am running absolutely no firewalls (not even windows)

I am behind a wireless router, yes but I have played over 600 games on the same router with no problems until recently.

cowpoop2
04-08-2008, 03:37 PM

No it doesn't change. It's not supposed to from what I have seen from what Reaper said:

This only changes your dynamic IP address, not your ISP/IP address. If you plan on hacking a website with this trick be extremely careful, because if they try a little, they can trace it back.

One additional thing, will this ban me from other bnet games? Because I can't login to Diablo either, but the thing is I was testing a cd-key someone gave me so I'm not sure if it's supposed to work (I click bnet, it flicks up the login windows really quickly and doesnt say anything - and then after a few tries it will say Unable to connect to bnet)

nano351
04-08-2008, 04:18 PM
you might have a temp ban. Also if I recall temp IP bans don't have anything to deal with dynamic IPs. So if you have a dynamic IP then you could just get it to change by turning your router off for a little bit.

cowpoop2
04-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Well I successfully changed my IP but I still can't login..

I can only login to Euro and Asia on Diablo and everything but East on SC. I emailed Blizzard.

Pureless
04-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Change your IP Address and you can play again. it happens sometimes, changing your IP works and is easy, you can change or wait weeks to get your acc back. if you need instructions ill PM them to you.

1. Click on "Start" in the bottom left hand corner of screen
2. Click on "Run"
3. Type in "command" and hit ok

You should now be at an MSDOS prompt screen.

4. Type "ipconfig /release" just like that, and hit "enter"
5. Type "exit" and leave the prompt
6. Right-click on "Network Places" or "My Network Places" on your desktop.
7. Click on "properties"

You should now be on a screen with something titled "Local Area Connection", or something close to that, and, if you have a network hooked up, all of your other networks.

8. Right click on "Local Area Connection" and click "properties"
9. Double-click on the "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" from the list under the "General" tab
10. Click on "Use the following IP address" under the "General" tab
11. Create an IP address (It doesn't matter what it is. I just type 1 and 2 until i fill the area up).
12. Press "Tab" and it should automatically fill in the "Subnet Mask" section with default numbers.
13. Hit the "Ok" button here
14. Hit the "Ok" button again

You should now be back to the "Local Area Connection" screen.

15. Right-click back on "Local Area Connection" and go to properties again.
16. Go back to the "TCP/IP" settings
17. This time, select "Obtain an IP address automatically"
tongue.gif 18. Hit "Ok"
19. Hit "Ok" again
20. You now have a new IP address

With a little practice, you can easily get this process down to 15 seconds.

P.S:

Credits To Crooksey. A Great Friend Of Mine Gave Me Permission To Post.

If You Dont Trust me, Go Here: How To Change Your Ip Address. - In Less Than one Minute, Change Your Ip! (http://www.astahost.com/info.php/how...ss_t15826.html)

All reps go to Clap The Rat, not me, this is the PM he sent me.

Hope it helps :)THATS SO COOL. :D Thanks!

cowpoop2
04-10-2008, 04:10 PM
OK, well I found this: Socks Setup (http://newd2event.net/index.php?id=methods/no_rd)
Gets me sorta into Bnet, (connecting to fastest server). But I can't get a socks proxy to work.

If anyone has one I'd be thankful.