PDA

View Full Version : [Starcraft] Host Tools 1.01

nano351
03-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Host Tools 1.01
by nano351

Moderators please deal with the old thread for 1.00 as it is old and out of date now.

includes:
-Race Changer - changes human player's races
-Computer Opener - opens computer slots
-Quick Refresh - a tool to help refreshing quickly
-Open Forcer - opens a human's slot without kicking him

usage:
-Race Changer:
press the numberpad key (1-8) corresponding with their slot to get control over their race. After you are done changing races press numpad 9 to go back to your slot (as long as you are the true host it will work now). If you don't go back to your slot you will desynch.
-Computer Opener:
press the numpad key (1-8) corresponding with either an open slot or a computer slot to switch it between being open or computer
-Quick Refresh:
press the numpad subtract key to turn all open slots to close and then press it again to turn all closed slots to open. This should refresh your game.
-Open Forcer:
to use the open forcer first get race changing power on the slot you want to switch to open without kicking the player in it. Then press the numpad key for the slot again and it will open and that person will still be in the game. You can also use numpad addition key to force open all human slots (except your own).

change list:
1.01:
-fixed some minor coding issues with switching to player 4's slot
-improved slot jumpback
-added open forcer
-added mass open forcer hotkey
1.00:
Initial release (updating from RaceChanger 1.01)
special thanks to:
Drakken for dll template
and anyone who helped me learn asm/ find offsets

The download does not include an injector. You can download one like zLoader elsewhere.

I3lade203
03-26-2008, 09:48 AM
This looks awesome. Great job, a fine addition to any hack pack.

Got a question though, about the computer opener...

I've got a question - does this hack allow for the conservation of the # of slots within a game? I've used a hack like this in the past, and this has always been an issue. Allow me to clarify: You're in a UMS game with 8 slots, you take up one, and a computer takes up another. So there are actually 6 avaliable slots. So you'd figure that if you opened up the computer and took his spot there'd be 7 avaliable right? Well, in the hack I used opening the computers slot DIDN'T conserve the amount of slots now free - that is to say it didn't realize I was now in the computers slot and still thought both were being used up. Why's this make a problem? Well, since i'm in the computers slot there'd be 7 slots that actually say open, but only 6 people would be able to join, leaving that last slot permanently "open" becuase others would get the "Game is full" message.

That was from the computer controller thread, I had posted it there mistaking it for what your hack does, so sorry if it seemed out of context. Hopefully this hack doesn't have the issue I described. Awesome stuff anyway.

Also, do you have to be host for these hacks to work? Or just the race changer?

nano351
03-26-2008, 10:43 AM
This looks awesome. Great job, a fine addition to any hack pack.

Got a question though, about the computer opener...

I've got a question - does this hack allow for the conservation of the # of slots within a game? I've used a hack like this in the past, and this has always been an issue. Allow me to clarify: You're in a UMS game with 8 slots, you take up one, and a computer takes up another. So there are actually 6 avaliable slots. So you'd figure that if you opened up the computer and took his spot there'd be 7 avaliable right? Well, in the hack I used opening the computers slot DIDN'T conserve the amount of slots now free - that is to say it didn't realize I was now in the computers slot and still thought both were being used up. Why's this make a problem? Well, since i'm in the computers slot there'd be 7 slots that actually say open, but only 6 people would be able to join, leaving that last slot permanently "open" becuase others would get the "Game is full" message.

That was from the computer controller thread, I had posted it there mistaking it for what your hack does, so sorry if it seemed out of context. Hopefully this hack doesn't have the issue I described. Awesome stuff anyway.

Also, do you have to be host for these hacks to work? Or just the race changer?
I haven't done anything to make sure that the game will allow more people into it if you open up a computer slot so afaik it won't let you exceed the normal number of humans in the map.I'll take a look into seeing If I can fix this. Also none of these hacks will work if you are not the host. As a result you will end up desynching once the game has started if you used them. A small desynch prevention has been added to prevent you from doing this but if you use a host hack then the prevention doesn't work. I am planning on adding something that will prevent you from trying to use this in a game you join whether or not you use host hack.

Jiggie=#1
03-26-2008, 11:36 AM
You should make refresh auto.
Good hack though. ^^

Alienware777
03-26-2008, 03:09 PM
What the heck does the open forcer do??? But good hack.

nano351
03-26-2008, 03:12 PM
it forces a human slot open without kicking them from the game. It can be very humorous when someone moves over their slot and they can't see themselves anymore. Also if you start the game while they are still in the slot I'm pretty sure that they desynch (you will not)

Sight
03-26-2008, 03:12 PM
Guessing it forces closed slots to open?

Ryuzaki
03-26-2008, 06:30 PM
attach dont work :\ (i cant download it)
i dled 1.00 but it crashes for me if i touch numpad, (any number, even numlock)
(yes, im the real host and no, i dont use another hacks backward)

anyway it would be funny :(

Zhuinden
03-26-2008, 09:56 PM
De-sync aka crash :P SC crashes if that happens, best thing they can do is Cancel out in the briefing.

nano351
03-27-2008, 05:09 PM
hm I just noticed. Why is my attachment still pending approval? Anyone mind approving it?

justin2273
03-28-2008, 07:08 AM
Waiting for it to be approved so that I can start using the auto-refresh feature.

Thanks, was waiting for something like this.

cAsnipe
03-28-2008, 08:04 AM
been like 3 days approve the damn thing

justin2273
03-28-2008, 08:22 AM
Nano should just post it on another site.

Zhuinden
03-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Yeah, link plz? Hopefully the mods won't say anything about that tho, if you put it on zShare or something.

nano351
03-28-2008, 10:40 AM
I'm going to respect the rules and not link to an off site download. However if you truely can't wait you can PM me and I'll reply with an alternative download link.

Empathy
03-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Does the 'refresher' even work. Because, correct me if I am wrong, but the whole open/close thing is just a myth.

cAsnipe
03-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Does the 'refresher' even work. Because, correct me if I am wrong, but the whole open/close thing is just a myth.

The Refresher is a myth and doesn't work but the other features are still usefull=)

I3lade203
03-29-2008, 04:40 PM
The Refresher is a myth and doesn't work but the other features are still usefull=)

I can't speak for this hack, but a refresh hack IS in fact possible and very real.

Zynastor
03-29-2008, 06:12 PM
The closing all slots thing does work, when all slots are full your client will inform the server that game is full and as soon as one slot is free again it will inform the server again that your game is no longer full and it will be refreshed. Also when a player joins your game it will also be refreshed, so rejoining a game does help too.

Owyn
03-30-2008, 02:24 AM
uhm, how does open forcer work? so... slot opens and still player there? so som1 else can be in the same slot? so 2 players per slot or what?

Zhuinden
03-30-2008, 02:27 AM
Well I know that from J's private hack, which was pretty awesome and fun and I used it a lot, what it does is that the guy in the slot disappears but will still be in the lobby. Those who were there before he got "opened" will still hear what he says, those who join afterwards won't. But yeah, this is hilariously awesome when you open everyone and have a mass-convo. :P I used to do that, although with J's hack you could open yourself for the same effect. Which was also fun. :P "OMFG WHERE IS HOST"

The people who were opened will get crashed if the game starts, if they don't cancel out in the briefing.

Alienware777
04-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Is this compatable with Oblivion, because the one with just the race changer is.

nano351
04-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Is this compatable with Oblivion, because the one with just the race changer is.
yes this is compatible with oblivion 3.0.5. I haven't tested it with latest version yet but it should work fine.

Alienware777
04-03-2008, 01:07 PM
yes this is compatible with oblivion 3.0.5. I haven't tested it with latest version yet but it should work fine.
Ok thx!