PDA

View Full Version : Joining my own games?

I3lade203
03-22-2008, 05:38 PM
I've got a laptop and a desktop both with Starcraft hooked up to the same network (and therefore the same ip address.) My desktop CAN host games which other players can join. However, if I try to host a game on my desktop and have my laptop join I get a "Latency" error - though other people can join. This doesn't make any sense to me - and in the past i've had it working so that my laptop could in fact join my own games. Yes, I am aware that this would create latency issues if I tried playing with other players, however I'm trying to set this up just so I can test maps with hacks on using my my computers without having to sign off and on battle.net in between tests.

nano351
03-22-2008, 05:46 PM
if you wanted to test maps with hacks just use an injector (like zloader) when you start up starcraft and then do it over lan.

I3lade203
03-22-2008, 05:51 PM
Did you not read my post? The whole point of this is doing it over battle.net, NOT lan, so I don't have to keep restarting and re-injecting. There are other reasons I wish to be able to join my own games on battle.net however, so please stick to the problem at hand.

nano351
03-22-2008, 05:58 PM
Did you not read my post? The whole point of this is doing it over battle.net, NOT lan, so I don't have to keep restarting and re-injecting. There are other reasons I wish to be able to join my own games on battle.net however, so please stick to the problem at hand.
ok sorry. I had this problem before but couldn't resolve it. My old computer got too high latency when my new comp tried to join. However my old computer could join my new computers games. So you could see if the desktop could join the games hosted by the laptop.

and there shouldn't have to restart and reload your hacks after each map as long as you are using the same hacks.

I3lade203
03-22-2008, 06:12 PM
I've already tried, it's blocked both ways.

nano351
03-22-2008, 07:43 PM
I've already tried, it's blocked both ways.
did you set it up so that one of them uses a different port on battle.net?

I3lade203
03-22-2008, 08:34 PM
did you set it up so that one of them uses a different port on battle.net?

You can't do that with Starcraft unless you do some sort of router re-configuration to re-forward data through different ports, there's a tutorial on this site but I haven't been able to get it working. But I never had this issue in the past, and I havn't done anything reccently that would have made this not work that I can think of..

nano351
03-22-2008, 09:18 PM
You can't do that with Starcraft unless you do some sort of router re-configuration to re-forward data through different ports, there's a tutorial on this site but I haven't been able to get it working. But I never had this issue in the past, and I havn't done anything reccently that would have made this not work that I can think of..
the magic of windows registry would be of help here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Battle.net\Configuratio n
add a key called "Game Data Port" make it a REG_DWORD and set it to the port you want to use

I3lade203
03-23-2008, 08:11 AM
Edit: WOW. I thought the registry solution no longer worked - it actually ended up working. Thanks for posting it, I would have never bothered had you not.

Additionally, i'd like to say that I am very appreciative of your attempt to help me - even with your first reply (even if it wasn't the exact solution I was looking for.) It seems as if nobody else has even bothered to try - even though my problem still existed for a wihle the sheer fact that you tried to help alone multiple times was nice. So thanks. +rep

nano351
03-23-2008, 09:10 AM
mmmmmm reputation. And btw no problem.