PDA

View Full Version : How to get Out of 'The Void'

Mesar
02-29-2008, 12:35 PM
I currently can not join any public or private channels on starcraft, and am stuck in a channel by myself called "the Void". Is there any way out??? Like changing my ip address?

test-acc
02-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Ive never heard of this.

Are you using a muted cd key?

Zhuinden
02-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Most likely. Get a new key, buy SC.

Deg™
02-29-2008, 12:53 PM
It means you got banned from another channel, but i've never heard of blizzard keeping people there.

Type /j op gamethreat and hit enter

XxMolag BalxX
02-29-2008, 01:01 PM
rofl why have none of you heard of this? His cd-key is banned for good he cant go into any channels, when he logs onto battle.net hes automatically put into the void, he can still join and play games i think but cant talk to n e one in the chat channels. Just go out and buy a new sc only like 15 dollars i think.

Aiur
02-29-2008, 01:02 PM
only like 15 dollars i think.
More like $5.

Ganondorf
02-29-2008, 01:11 PM
yeah, no way out
sc's only $10

Deg™
02-29-2008, 01:22 PM
rofl why have none of you heard of this? His cd-key is banned for good he cant go into any channels, when he logs onto battle.net hes automatically put into the void, he can still join and play games i think but cant talk to n e one in the chat channels. Just go out and buy a new sc only like 15 dollars i think.

If his CD Key was banned he wouldn't be able to log on.

Sinz
02-29-2008, 02:41 PM
His key isn't banned its voided meaning it was used for loading but it was on a proxy so instead of banning the key they send it to "the void" if you load a sb and disable void view you will find that "the void" is teh most populated channel.

Otaku
02-29-2008, 02:45 PM
That happened to me one time, but I wasn't doing anything wrong >_>

test-acc
02-29-2008, 02:51 PM
Ah yes, you have a voided key. Thats quite rare.

I forgot that there are 4 types of key (working, muted, banned, voided).

There's nothing you can do to get it unvoided, you'll have to stay in the void and just play instead of chat.

Ideal Maxima
02-29-2008, 08:48 PM
lol

Besides for banned, voided keys are actually most numerous. Every time I find a key gen for Starcraft that supposedly works online, I'm supplied with loads and loads of voided keys. I used my voided key (I never bought the game) for a good year and a half before I finally upgraded to a fully functioning one.

MiCrOz
03-01-2008, 06:11 AM
Quite rare? Jailed keys were handed out like free candy for years when mass botting was popular (I'm talking 8 instances per IP, 3 per cdkey)..I guess they stopped doing that? There's no way around it, unless you would like to wait the 1-3 years it takes for it to be lifted, along with muted keys.

John
03-01-2008, 06:39 AM
If you don't have any money for a new cd this is what I would do. Send an email to b-net explaining your situation. They should be able to un-void your account. This takes about a week for them to respond. But they will.

MiCrOz
03-01-2008, 06:49 AM
If you don't have any money for a new cd this is what I would do. Send an email to b-net explaining your situation. They should be able to un-void your account. This takes about a week for them to respond. But they will.
Goodluck with that one, can't say it really works like that.

John
03-01-2008, 06:57 AM
It does. I have done it with 3 different cd key accounts in the past 7 years. You just have to be patient.

test-acc
03-01-2008, 07:15 AM
Im not waiting 7 years to get a key unvoided.

(that was a joke btw)

MiCrOz
03-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Im not waiting 7 years to get a key unvoided.

(that was a joke btw)
So then you would wait 7 years? :lol:

I actually had a list of ~300 cdkeys from when I used to bot alot, most of which went muted about 4 years ago. I came on about a year ago to realize most of them were unmuted/unjailed.

Mesar
03-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah i used a cd-generator to get my cd, but i tried 3 or 4 different ones and all were voided. So i thought it was something else but i guess its the cd-key.Thanks for replies

I3lade203
03-05-2008, 05:31 AM
OP: Your cd key is muted. Blizzard doesn't just mute keys for no reason, so they probably won't be willing to unmute you with just a phone call or email. Just get a new starcraft CD key and you'll be fine. As others have said you should be able to pick it up for 5~15$. Just skip lunch that day if you're really short on cash.

MiCrOz
03-05-2008, 02:09 PM
OP: Your cd key is muted. Blizzard doesn't just mute keys for no reason, so they probably won't be willing to unmute you with just a phone call or email. Just get a new starcraft CD key and you'll be fine. As others have said you should be able to pick it up for 5~15$. Just skip lunch that day if you're really short on cash.
There's a difference between muted and jailed.

I3lade203
03-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Jailed? I've been playing SC for 10 years and i've not once ever come across this concept. Care to elaborate?

MiCrOz
03-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Jailed? I've been playing SC for 10 years and i've not once ever come across this concept. Care to elaborate?
Read the first post?

Ideal Maxima
03-06-2008, 04:00 AM
Actually, I agree with Blade. That's a branch of muted cd key, I've only heard of temporary mute, perma muted, banned and fully functional cd keys. I've never heard of a "jailed" cd key.

I3lade203
03-06-2008, 05:15 AM
Read the first post?

The original poster seems to be describing a muted cd key to me. I've played on muted keys before, it puts you in the void and doesn't let you communicate with other users, but allows you to join games. If you're implying there's another form of muted keys that does allow you to join channels but not communicate within them then I have yet to come across such a form of mute. Regardless, both versions are still muted cd keys - and my original post still holds true. Don't know what your nitpick was trying to accomplish.

Sinz
03-06-2008, 05:24 AM
I have both its referred to as jailed when your stuck in the void and muted when you can join channels but not talk

[08:34:34] (4) | Your account is muted. As a result you will no longer be able to chat to any other users or in any channels. However, you are permitted to play games or chat to other players in game.
[08:34:34] (4) | Your account has had all chat privileges suspended. As a result you will no longer be able to join any channels or whisper any other users. However, you are permitted to play games or chat to other players in game.

MiCrOz
03-06-2008, 06:06 AM
Yes, jailed is when you are stuck in the void and cannot join other channels. Muted is when you can join channels but cannot speak

I3lade203
03-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Yes, jailed is when you are stuck in the void and cannot join other channels. Muted is when you can join channels but cannot speak

That's pretty nitpickish if you ask me. My original post still holds true regardless of the minute difference.

MnE4life
03-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Voided Keys.... played for 10 years and i would lie if i said i did not hear of them. your best bet is speak with tech support through the website. if your nice and lucky you should have it done in the matter of days. Good luck

Shocker
03-30-2008, 04:43 PM
More like $5.
damnn 5$$ where do u live haha where i live its 20$

MiCrOz
03-30-2008, 07:30 PM
StarCraft CD Key, Working StarCraft CD Keys Codes on Battle Net (http://cdkey.gamezmarket.com/starcraft-cd-key-p-5.html) has them for $9, but I've seen for less

Suteki
03-30-2008, 10:14 PM
I too have been playing for years and have never heard of "jailed" nor seen that second message. I know all about being muted/the message you receive. Being "jailed" must be quite rare because I have, as I said, never heard of it, even from someone else. I'm on the same page as l3lade here.

MiCrOz
03-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Well I guess they don't do it as much as they used to, but when mass botting was more popular they did it a lot.