PDA

View Full Version : Account hacker?

Aiur
02-03-2008, 06:48 PM
I believe someone is trying to steal my secondary account. When I logged onto it today, it said that there had been 3 failed log on attempts the same day. I hadn't touched my account since yesterday, and my friend who knew about the account could've done it because I was at his house for the day. I changed my password, but I want to find out who's doing this. Any suggestions?

H4x4Me
02-03-2008, 06:49 PM
His firewall protection tools are low. Phishing might have been done.

Three Pointed Infinity
02-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Well see you could always use the good old fasion bot on that acount trick and never get off.

Aiur
02-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Well see you could always use the good old fasion bot on that acount trick and never get off.
They haven't gotten into my account. They've only attempted to. I've logged out of it and waiting to see if anyone tries to hack it again.

H4x4Me
02-03-2008, 06:52 PM
I don't get why people would want to steal Sc accounts. I mean thats low as hell. Sc accounts are pretty much useless. You could always make a new one. Right?

Three Pointed Infinity
02-03-2008, 06:53 PM
If they can't get on then what's the problem? I agree with the above.

Aiur
02-03-2008, 06:53 PM
But the thing is, since the account is question is a loss account, I really want to find out who wants it. Who would want to steal a loss account?

Three Pointed Infinity
02-03-2008, 06:56 PM
But the thing is, since the account is question is a loss account, I really want to find out who wants it. Who would want to steal a loss account?
That makes the dude even more gay. Like wow, steal a loss acount. Mabey he wants to be a looser?

Empathy
02-03-2008, 08:28 PM
I had some idiot trying to steal my account (Killer_vince) at one point because he ran into someone on D2, a character called Empathy. He threatened me and I said 'Try it faggot' the next day I had 16 failed attempts.
Some people are just fags who thing accounts mean everything.
or they wanted the name of your account, I once had a person beg me for the account I have, in fact he followed me around.

brokenheart
02-03-2008, 08:34 PM
if the account is "original" they would want it.

HARD_ON
02-03-2008, 08:55 PM
I once had a person beg me for the account I have, in fact he followed me around.
:lol:, Nice joke on the end.

If your so concerned about your loss account, just create a new, longer password.

MiCrOz
02-03-2008, 09:28 PM
I once logged on my account to see ~2,000 failed logins.

Hostile
02-03-2008, 09:44 PM
I believe someone is trying to steal my secondary account. When I logged onto it today, it said that there had been 3 failed log on attempts the same day. I hadn't touched my account since yesterday, and my friend who knew about the account could've done it because I was at his house for the day. I changed my password, but I want to find out who's doing this. Any suggestions?

Ok, this is barely worth debating if you've practiced common sense but here it goes.
How to lose your account.
1: Trojan; Downloaded a hack from untrusted source?
2: Universal Passwords; If you value an account, don't make the same passwords on l33th4x0rs forum that you have on your battle.net account. They might know you and have direct access to the database.
3: 1234 Passwords; Highly recommend an alphanumeric password of atleast 8 characters. If it were an illy account or something, should be atleast 12.

Brute Forcing a password:
For those too young to miss the glory days (not even really over battle.net) of this method, its where an automated script/program (bot in battle.net case) continues to retry passwords from AAA, AAB, AAC ect until it connects, saves and changes your password.
Not only is this method incredibly inefficient, it requires incredible resources (In this case, CDkeys and Proxys!) Since you can only try a password every so often as per bnets server side coding, it takes forever. Way back when, I had someone get up to 20000 something before giving up. This person had the resources but not the time, as he did that in a night or two iirc. I don't go on anymore, but only know a couple who ever had that much dedication to even try that back my days.

Hacking the bnet server:
I would never narrow out the fact that someone figures out how to do something that was done historically, but even historically, i never heard of anyone being able to extract someone password out of it once they got in. Last time i knew of it happening was for channel warring and they would steal Ops on the channel.

Long story short; don't worry about 3 retries. Your name may very well have been someone elses before you made it, and they tried a few of thier old passwords thinking it might still be theirs.

Three Pointed Infinity
02-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Amen.

H4x4Me
02-04-2008, 05:03 PM
I still find it odd to steal accounts from SC. People usually are after RPG games: Diablo, WoW Etc...

Three Pointed Infinity
02-04-2008, 06:03 PM
You're only making it worse by saying that because think of the idiocy it takes to try to steal a loss acount. Guy probably put in the wrong name anyway rather than evil terrorist come to take over Europe.

Aiur
02-04-2008, 06:10 PM
He would've noticed it was the wrong name before the 3rd attempt.

Three Pointed Infinity
02-05-2008, 06:06 PM
I don't know man, some dudes can be pretty blind.

SaRangHaeYo
02-06-2008, 11:46 AM
This thread is awful. THREE failed log on attempts and you make a thread about it? What the ****?

Azu
02-06-2008, 12:27 PM
This thread is awful. THREE failed log on attempts and you make a thread about it? What the ****?The internets are serious business though!

02-09-2008, 10:16 AM
why would some1 wanna steal a sc account... you dont gain anytihng from it

Deg™
02-09-2008, 10:26 AM
If someone knows your account name, they can attempt to guess your password. They wont be able to guess it unless its some **** like 12345, but any moron can give you failed login attempts.

LoyaL
02-12-2008, 09:08 PM
i have 4-8 failed everytime i log in most of my originals.

Reg the account numbnuts. ;)