PDA

View Full Version : The Best Race

FORK
02-01-2008, 06:35 AM
So out of the 3 races in Starcraft, Zerg, Terran and Protoss which do you think is best? I know this question cant have a definite answer because its the player that matters and not the race but i want to see what you people think. When a pro is playing, which of these 3 races do you think would be the most deadly.

Personally i would have to say Terran. Alot of people either don't play terran or don't play them well but when you have someone who plays well with Terran, they make some of the best players i've seen.

What do you think?

my_face_is
02-01-2008, 08:25 AM
zerg hands down, they make cheap armies quickly :P

HARD_ON
02-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Toss is nice.

Having the proper strategy to counter an opponent's strategy is what matters.

DuckDuckGoose
02-01-2008, 08:46 AM
Who's the easiest to destroy someone with? Zerg hands down if you know how to use them.
Who's the strongest? That would be the Terrans, nukes, siege tanks, battle cruisers, those are the strongest things in the game, even the second strongest air unit the carrier is no match for a battle cruiser.

H4x4Me
02-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Carrier < Battlecruiser if you micro it. Yamato = Bc < Carrier. Large groups of Bcs/Carriers, Carrier < Bc. :P

DuckDuckGoose
02-01-2008, 09:13 AM
No, I have fought large groups of carriers with battle cruisers, and large groups of battle cruisers with carriers, and the battle cruisers win every time.
They are vastly superior to carriers even without the yamato cannon, no matter how well you micro manage BC's are better than carriers.

Raistlin
02-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Toss is the best race in the current incarnation of SC in my opinion. Not due to unit strength or ease of use, but because you can perform a strategy with them that you simply can not emulate with the other races, and in my opinion it is the best strategy in the game (of course I will limit this statement to FMP since that's what I play) and I'm not talking about storms or anything else that most people usually do. Actually I kind of feel like a dick for typing this and not describing the strategy... but **** that.

I think toss is probably the best in general anyway, due to the magnificent abilities of their tech units that allow you to handle nearly any situation with a minimum of troops as long as you are willing to micro like crazy.

Three Pointed Infinity
02-01-2008, 02:18 PM
I play as Protoss, my brother plays as Terran, and my best friend plays as Zerg. I kill all of them with reletive ease. The Protoss stratigicly own, the terran in a sort of mass-destruction way own, and the zerg flood own early on.

Cantinflas
02-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Hmm...

I mean the Terran utilize the most useful technology.
They have numerous strategies.
All of their units are fairly strong.
They are amazing at defense.
Battlecruisers are behemoths and are the epitome of own.
Wraiths are amazing in numbers, add the cloak to that and you got yourself another great unit.

I say terran.

Three Pointed Infinity
02-01-2008, 02:28 PM
All the races have equivilant lethality, but I prefer Protoss.

5FingerDiscount
02-01-2008, 02:46 PM
They're all equal - well pretty damn equal - I think SC is one of the most well balanced games out there - head to head one unit vs another unit isn't a good comparison - its how u use the units - hense the Strategy. Yeah in a head on BC vs Carrier match, a BC will probebly win, but in the hands of skilled players/Koreans it can go either way.

Carriers can move around while attacking which is a nice feature - plus the fact that the Intercepters are a distraction - its all in how well you can micro.

I've seen vids of a single vulture killing 12 lings without getting hit... All I know is that all the videos I watch - which are of those crazy koreans- most of em use Terran. And its ****in Crazy!!!

FORK
02-01-2008, 05:56 PM
link please lol?

Aiur
02-01-2008, 06:11 PM
I've seen vids of a single vulture killing 12 lings without getting hit... All I know is that all the videos I watch - which are of those crazy koreans- most of em use Terran. And its ****in Crazy!!!Link or it didn't happen.

5FingerDiscount
02-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Well... I can't link a Torrent - but heres a Vulture eating like 8 lings with only taking 2 hits (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEUD-u5vxeI&feature=related)

HARD_ON
02-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Carriers can move around while attacking which is a nice feature - plus the fact that the Intercepters are a distraction - its all in how well you can micro.

To a computer, yes. But what about a person? One who can individually attack your carrier with a BC and completely annihilate it?
Also, carriers can move around as long as the interceptors are in range, or unless you go the complete opposite direction with your carrier.

Dragonis2
02-01-2008, 10:06 PM
It all depends each race have there own good things you just have to know how to use em

02-09-2008, 10:22 AM
i think zerg is the strongest it pwnz all once fully built up

Aiur
02-09-2008, 10:26 AM
Well... I can't link a Torrent - but heres a Vulture eating like 8 lings with only taking 2 hits (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEUD-u5vxeI&feature=related)
Impressive...

02-09-2008, 10:31 AM
very nice vulture microing

AriZonaT
02-12-2008, 05:41 PM
It's easy enough to kill a base as zerg. And by the way, were forgetting high templars. They have the single most ****ing annoying and destructive move in the game, especially if your zerg. But if they don't have templars, you can use guardians far range and just back it up with mutalisks and devourers. For every spore on the enemy, the mutalisks do one more, so after three spores from a devourer, mutalisks are three times as good. Then, you can also use a group of around 4-6 lurkers and kill a huge group of small units easily, sometimes even if they have detectors, as long as you can get around 3 shots in each.

Deg™
02-12-2008, 07:40 PM

LoyaL
02-12-2008, 08:56 PM
LoL @ BC > Carrier.

Lets play sometime, i will let you max bcs and you let me max carriers. Fully upped and i will rape your bcs 10/10 times.

I can micro 1 vulture vs 12 lings as well.

There isnt a strongest race, they are all almost perfectly balanced.

I play random.

Cantinflas
02-12-2008, 10:00 PM
I play random.

Same.

SaRangHaeYo
02-13-2008, 09:25 AM
Same.
Ditto.

Anyone who says bcs without yamato > carriers is an idiot.

MnE4life
02-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Protoss are the best becasue the units have higher stats and nice abilities and shields.

AriZonaT
02-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Well thats kind of vague, there's a lot more to units than high stats

TheUndermind
02-13-2008, 12:19 PM
zerg = min hack

MnE4life
02-13-2008, 12:38 PM
YouTube - NaDa's Vulture Micro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PanLFY4UsAQ&feature=related) thats a vid of like the number one taking otu an army of drones a hydra and lings with a vulure

antihacker77
02-13-2008, 12:46 PM
The Best Race Is Toss Cuz They Can Become Terran And Zerg. So You Cant Beat That. Technically It is Terran..

CrazyGerbilEater
02-13-2008, 07:36 PM
my freind kills me when i melee him, its about 5 of his wins to mine.

one time he droped a load of firebats off at my minerals, i was protoss. actually he did it over and over again. 2 firbats can kill all your scv's off in a couple seconds in the fastest maps. pissed me off. i simply like protoss because lots are pretty powerful, and if you rush them you can usually kill their cc/nexus/hatchery and screw them for the entire game(which usually isnt too long after.)

its all about the individual. we've all been beaten with different races, i just dont like microing much so i rush lots and kill them before microing becomes intensive. Terran you can turtle up really well with supply depot, bunkers and tanks. then start the raids via drops, and cloaked wraiths. and the zerg....mass swarms of guards/mutas own bases instantly. or a dropped lurker near their minerals.

i dont melee much anymore though, the units seem to all be balanced excellently though, there is no best race, there is only the best player.

LoyaL
02-13-2008, 09:09 PM
FPM is for people with poor micro and bad base management.

And NaDa has pretty poor micro for a pro gamer, his macro is what wins his games.

Unless i am getting my pros mixed up. :P