PDA

View Full Version : [Tutorial]Download Status Hack.

-187-
12-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Well here it is, i got bored and decided to write this up for you all. I couldn't post in the tutorials sections for some reason so I guess I will post it here. The point of this is to teach you how to write a small hack that will automatically show the download status for everbody whether you have the map or don't. I hope this is helpfull in some way.

What YOU need:
--------------------------
Ollydbg
A Working Memory Searcher

Alright now for the hack:
---------------------------
Its very simple to do this. All you have to do is find where the game stores your download status and find where its comparing your download status with 100 and then removes it from the screen. Alright, first log into battle.net, create a game and search for 100. After you have done that go ahead and leave the game and then filter for 0. Then go back in the game, filter for 100, leave and filter for 0. Now keep doing this until you got about 5 values. After you have gotten each of your values go ahead and type in bull **** value in each of them, make sure they are below 100 since I never took the time to see what happens if the value is above 100. If you have done everything right the dl stats value next by your name will be one of your bull **** values that you entered into your memory seacher. After you have gotten your address, leave the game and set an access breakpoint on the address. Go ahead and create a game and write down all the address for all the lands. If you have done everything right you should have landed somewhere around here:

MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[EAX*4+68F4E4]
CMP EAX,64
JE SHORT Starcraf.004502A4

Ima go ahead and explain what is going on. Basically the game is moving your current value of your download status into the EAX register and then compares it with 100. I know it says 64 but 64 in hex is 100 so yeah... If your value is 100 then it jumps somewhere else that removes your download stats. So how do we fix this? All you have to do is place 2 NOPs (bytes of 90) onto JE SHORT Starcraft.004502A4. After youve done that go back into your game and wooopie 100 is there.

AgentGOD
12-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Like we didn't already know this.

Zynastor
12-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Like we didn't already know this.

Most people don't know how to do this, they just copy and past. gj ghostboy78

ViperSRT3g
12-21-2007, 05:37 PM
Nice tutorial, just wrong section >.<

-187-
12-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Nice tutorial, just wrong section >.<

Ya I know, but for some reason I wasn't alowed to post in the tutorials section.

eccoedo
05-03-2009, 07:36 AM
yeah