PDA

View Full Version : WTF IS THIS ****!?!?!

Super
11-11-2007, 04:01 PM
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/4235/57736502pf0.jpg

I've been trying to figure this bull**** out for the past 2 hours. My zero configuration utility had been refusing to show up for the past few weeks. Instead, my wifi card's utility had been managing my internet. So I decided to reinstall the driver for the card to fix the problem and BAM, I get this error every ****ing time.

Things I have tried:
1. Enabling zero config in the windows services list
2. taking out the wifi card, restarting w/o it, reinstalling the driver, restarting with it.
3. Downloading a newer driver from the internet.

When I click update driver in the device manager, I click "select from a specific location", then I find the .INF file in the place I installed the driver, but then the next window that pops up is the one in the picture.

I know this is something wrong with windows, and not with my hardware since I've been using the set up for over a half a year.

HALP PLZ.

Edit: Oh, and funny thing is: The same exact **** happens with my ethernet driver. I can't connect to the internet through that comp at all.

Ziphrx
11-11-2007, 04:32 PM
-

Super
11-11-2007, 04:53 PM
XP

Super
11-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Apparently I cannot install any drivers at all for any hardware. Once I uninstall the driver, there's no way of installing it again. WTF?

TheUndermind
11-11-2007, 05:34 PM
u need a windows Xp pro or home (witchever one u have) cd put it in then try it.

CrazyGerbilEater
11-11-2007, 05:38 PM
do the drivers state they are xp compatible, who knows maybe they have vista only compatible drivers now.

also, perhaps some type of setting or other software is interfering with the install.

Ziphrx
11-11-2007, 05:39 PM
-

SatansMessiah
11-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Lesson learned, If it still works somehow, DONT FIX IT.

Super
11-11-2007, 07:55 PM
The only other info I have is that under device manager, both devices have windows error code 31.

I've been googling and googling and to no avail.

MasterX
11-11-2007, 08:52 PM
1 Are you Admin and are you sure what you think is Admin is realy admin
2 64 bit or 32 bit? Seems like your just missing drivers, i've heard of these things called "virus" but have never seen one that might be your problem

Super
11-12-2007, 05:56 AM
Admin
32bit

Antihaxer
11-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Looks like you need a 360 instead of a gpu :-p

Super
11-12-2007, 03:05 PM
More like a windows xp repair disk, amirite?

DSG
11-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Open 'Device Manager.' Open the View menu and click 'Show hidden devices.' Delete everything related to the hardware you are trying to reinstall. If windows won't let you delete them you will need to reformat (it happens).

Super
11-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Ya, windows doesn't let me delete them. It's weird though. Sometimes I press delete on it, it says "this may be required for system to boot" and doesn't let me, but when I refresh the hardware devices the network card turns to a big yellow question mark and isnt listen under the network card category anymore.

I've googled and found several people with the same problem on other forums, but they have never found a solution. I even found an article for it on microsoft.com, followed the instructions, but it still didn't work.

I know the problem lies within the registry, but I have no idea how I would go about fixing it.

Bilago
11-13-2007, 03:41 PM
system restore to a date before it happened , or go into safemode then delete the drivers.

Super
11-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Safe mode won't let me delete them.

What I do have is a backup of the registry from a month back. Would deleting my current reg and importing the old one fix the problem?

Bilago
11-13-2007, 03:44 PM
if you have a full registry backup you dont need to delete your registry just run the reg file and it will copy over everything. Backup the registry you have now before doing it though.

Super
11-13-2007, 03:47 PM
****, I can't find the reg back up.

Bilago
11-13-2007, 03:47 PM
you dont have system restore enabled?

Super
11-13-2007, 03:50 PM
I don't have it period. That's what I get for using a pirated version of Windows.

Hmm, so i decided to give it one more desperate go and delete anything in the registry associated with the card. What's interesting is that there are several registry entries that the computer will not let me delete. What's up?

Bilago
11-13-2007, 05:34 PM
I don't have it period. That's what I get for using a pirated version of Windows.

Hmm, so i decided to give it one more desperate go and delete anything in the registry associated with the card. What's interesting is that there are several registry entries that the computer will not let me delete. What's up?

I guess your not very good with computers because even if you have a pirated version of windows you still have the system restore feature... nothing is disabled other then Microsoft updates. seems your screwed then, good old re installation sounds about your only option

TheUndermind
11-13-2007, 05:57 PM
or go to the website of the card and download an update and it MIGHT respond back

Super
11-13-2007, 07:17 PM
I guess your not very good with computers because even if you have a pirated version of windows you still have the system restore feature...

Or how about you shut the **** up? You're obviously not very good with computers because you've offered no helpful advice through this entire thread. I think when I tell you that my version of xp doesn't have a system restore component, it means my xp doesn't have a system restore component. Do you really think I would go through all the trouble of deleting this and that in the registry if I could just do a system restore?

Idiot.

gamepin126
11-13-2007, 07:24 PM
I guess your not very good with computers because even if you have a pirated version of windows you still have the system restore feature... nothing is disabled other then Microsoft updates. seems your screwed then, good old re installation sounds about your only option

It's pretty easy to remove whole components from an XP install.

CrazyGerbilEater
11-13-2007, 08:12 PM
my school just reimages hard drive(ghosts) whenever theres a problem

what a bunch of lazy bums

and HAHA, you just got owned, time to start over fresh, back up important things and wipe your drive, then reload windows for new install

Bilago
11-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Or how about you shut the **** up? You're obviously not very good with computers because you've offered no helpful advice through this entire thread. I think when I tell you that my version of xp doesn't have a system restore component, it means my xp doesn't have a system restore component. Do you really think I would go through all the trouble of deleting this and that in the registry if I could just do a system restore?

Idiot.

im sorry that you dont know how to get a pirated Xp that has all the componants, dont blame me.

your the one who cant remove drivers. i will leave it at that.

DSG
11-14-2007, 03:11 AM
Shut up James_P, I am a professional and i run into this problem a lot. It has nothing to do with super's computer knowledge. When it happens the only thing you can do is reformat/reimage.

gamepin126
11-14-2007, 04:19 AM
im sorry that you dont know how to get a pirated Xp that has all the componants, dont blame me.

Piracy has absolutely nothing to do with it, idiot.

Bilago
11-14-2007, 09:16 AM

he said its because he has a pirated version of XP, so suck my balls gaypoon go play some wow

Pete_Zahut
11-14-2007, 02:58 PM
There are certain things that dont work if you have a pirated version

Super
11-14-2007, 04:49 PM

Wow. First of all, I downloaded that version of xp because it was extremely minimal. I knew when I was downloading it that it had many features stripped. If I wanted to get a stock version of xp I would have just used the tons of xp discs lying around my mom's work and used a validation crack. Second of all, it's not removing the drivers that the problem. It's quite easy to remove them. It's getting them to work that's the problem.