PDA

View Full Version : [Walk-Through]How to make a BWH SCV

Zaund
08-10-2007, 10:26 PM
What we are going to use: DatEdit, TblEdit, WinMPQ, MPQDraft and OMFG YES ICECC!
Required files: None
Written by:Trans_Am77
Inspired by: CTark, the noob helper.

So, basically we are going to make a BwHacks SCV, that will shoot fire. Like the picture. Ready?! SET?! GO!

Step 1: Open DatEdit. Find 'Terran SCV', it's the 8th one on the list, can click on it.

Step 2: In the weapons section change ground to 'Flame Thrower [Normal]' from the drop down box. Then go to file > Save Dat As... and save it on the desktop as 'unit'.

Step 3: What's a kick ass unit with no name? Open up WinMPQ and extract the very first rez\stat_txt.tbl from Patch_rt. Now open the file with TBLEdit.
Now find 'Terran SCV' again, number 7 on the list, and replace 'Terran' with 'BwHacks'. Now save and close it.

Step 4: IT'S TIME...ICECC. If you don't already have it go dl it and make sure it goes in to the C:\ directory. Open the IceCC folder and click 'IceCCUI'. On the far right side find 'FireBat', click it, and click 'Decompile'. This will automatically save a txt file in the IceCC directory. Open the txt file names 'iscript'. Scroll down until you see 'FirebatGndAttkInit:'. and copy all this:

FirebatGndAttkInit:
playfram 0x00 # frame set 0
FirebatGndAttkRpt:
wait 1
nobrkcodestart
imgol08 421 0 0 # FlameThrower (thingy\flamer.grp)
playfram 0x11 # frame set 1
attkprojangle 24
wait 1
attkprojangle 52
wait 1
attkprojangle 80
wait 5
playfram 0x00 # frame set 0
wait 2
ignorerest

Now close that and go back to IceCC. Uncheck 'Firebat' by clicking on it again. Then go back to the top and find 'Terran SCV' and click decompile. Open the 'iscript' that is freshly decompiled in the IceCC directory. Scroll down until you see 'SCVGndAttkInit:'. Highlight all of that and past over it with the data we copied from the Firebat. Now change all the headers to say 'SCV' instead of 'Firebat'. Then we are going to go to the top and change 'GndAttkRpt' from 'SCVGndAttkInit' to 'SCVGndAttkRpt'. This is what the top should look like:

# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- #
# This is a decompile of the iscript.bin file 'data\scripts\iscript.bin'
# created on: Fri Aug 10 23:08:31 2007
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- #

# This header is used by images.dat entries:
# 247 SCV (terran\SCV.grp)
.headerstart
IsId 84
Type 15
Init SCVInit
Death SCVDeath
GndAttkInit SCVGndAttkInit
AirAttkInit [NONE]
SpAbility1 [NONE]
GndAttkRpt SCVGndAttkRpt
AirAttkRpt [NONE]
SpAbility2 [NONE]
GndAttkToIdle SCVGndAttkToIdle
AirAttkToIdle [NONE]
SpAbility3 [NONE]
Walking SCVWalking
Other SCVOther
BurrowInit [NONE]
ConstrctHarvst [NONE]
IsWorking SCVIsWorking
.headerend

Now close that up and save it.

Step 5: Go back to IceCC and click the 'Compiler' tab at the top. Under source files click 'Add' and add the 'iscript.txt' we just editied. Next to 'Save to:' click browse and save it as 'iscript.bin' on the desktop. Now click compile. And close IceCC.

Step 6: Open WinMPQ and create a new MPQ archive and save it on the desktop as 'BWH SCV'. Drag 'units.dat' in to the WinMPQ window and type 'arr\' in the window. Now drag 'stat_txt.tbl' in to the window and type 'rez\'.
Lastly, drag 'iscript.bin' in to the window and type 'scripts\'. Now save it and load it with MPQDraft and flame broil a zergling!

Sorry there's no pics, it's been a long night :stare:. Any questions at all feel free to ask! And thank CTark for the tutorial inspiration.

Chaoschild91
08-11-2007, 05:20 AM
=P I'mma guess this is offline only? lol

Ctark
08-11-2007, 08:23 AM
=P I'mma guess this is offline only? lol

no, it can work online, just all people in game have to be running the mod.

BTW: Great job Nitto, I was just wondering if you had the listfile for winmpq, to make the "~unknown's" go away...
I think im getting the hang of these programs...

Super
08-11-2007, 10:30 AM
lawl. Try some more variations.

Zaund
08-11-2007, 10:30 PM
no, it can work online, just all people in game have to be running the mod.

BTW: Great job Nitto, I was just wondering if you had the listfile for winmpq, to make the "~unknown's" go away...
I think im getting the hang of these programs...

Actually I had all the list files for all the Blizzard games. But I think it's on the other comp :cry:

Pure
06-22-2008, 05:27 AM
hey nitto is it possible to do this on other units :)?

Sinz
06-22-2008, 05:28 AM
yes it is every aspect of SC is mod-able it just takes some thinking

Suteki
06-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Nice tutorial.

Yeah you can mod every unit. I made a tutorial like this a couple years ago, you can read it at Basic IceCC Tutorial (http://www.ghoztcraft.net/forums/Basic-IceCC-Tutorial-t4843.html&hl=icecc) if you're interested. In it, we change the wraiths attack into a nuke.

eccoedo
05-03-2009, 07:32 AM
i've got the same result with arsenal III

DFND-jimjim1
05-13-2009, 03:17 PM
When I try to save iscript.bin I get an error msg.

Look at picture in attachment.

Sinz
05-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Step 4: IT'S TIME...ICECC. If you don't already have it go dl it and make sure it goes in to the C:\ directory. Open the IceCC folder and click 'IceCCUI'. On the far right side find 'FireBat', click it, and click 'Decompile'. This will automatically save a txt file in the IceCC directory. Open the txt file names 'iscript'. Scroll down until you see 'FirebatGndAttkInit:'. and copy all this:

DFND-jimjim1
05-14-2009, 02:07 PM

Its in C:\

?now what?

Sinz
05-14-2009, 03:00 PM
has to be like C:\ICECC for it to function properly

Killer2121
06-03-2010, 05:21 AM
I achieved this by doing Hallucination on a barrel and killing the probe, scv or drone that had the fake barrel after the other cloned barrel died, it randomly created a Queen right were the death was and when you bring a probe, scv or drone to the Queen it would pick the queen up and it would then turn into a scv with a firebat right over it. I also did it in a public game with 4-6 people.

Phrostbite
06-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Do you have a replay to support this?

-187-
06-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see that too.

Ranged
06-03-2010, 06:01 PM
i ****ing rage when you guys revive dead threads

StarteR2
07-04-2010, 04:35 PM
i ****ing rage when you guys revive dead threads