PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Paypal Donation?

LordRaiden
07-11-2007, 11:02 AM
I just received 60$ from a unknown person per paypal.

I accepted the money, of course, but now I'm worried.

What would be if the account of the person got hi jacked and he'd just send the money to me to get not sued himself?

What should I do with the money now?

Need help :/

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
07-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Send it to mine, lol, you wont get in trouble if you really had nothing to do with it.

HARD_ON
07-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Send it to 30 other accounts of your own and put it in a bank account, then cancel the bank account and move away.

All for 60 bucks...Sure is worth it to me.

LordRaiden
07-11-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm no thief, lol.

If Paypal tells me to pay it back, I'll do so.

I just worried why a guy which I don't know sent so much money to me.

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
07-11-2007, 11:08 AM
If paypal wants it back, they will just take it back.

LordRaiden
07-11-2007, 11:10 AM
If the account of this person really got stolen, will they be able to track the IP?

So I won't get owned for no reason, I hope.

NetShop
07-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Donate the cash to charity, or send the cash to Perma as a donation for him being such a kind guy and having a super-low-price on his maphack.

BloodyBlade
07-11-2007, 11:15 AM
Just wait a few weeks. If nothing happens its yours.

I mean, I have cancer and I need exactly $60 for the treatment. Please help me!

Pete_Zahut
07-11-2007, 11:17 AM
Do what ever you think is right, but if nothing happens send me 20 bucks

LordRaiden
07-11-2007, 11:22 AM
I'll wait a week, if nothing happens I might make a nice Donations to Perma =)

Loser777
07-11-2007, 11:34 AM
No, become a Gold Member. OMG

magikmonky
07-11-2007, 04:16 PM
buy some drugs

Ideal Maxima
07-11-2007, 04:18 PM
I'll wait a week, if nothing happens I might make a nice Donations to Perma =)
I'm no doctor, but it'd seem to me that you're suffering from Mental Retardation if you just give it to Perma. Just buy something nice for yourself, it's not that hard.

Perma
07-11-2007, 04:20 PM
I'm no doctor, but it'd seem to me that you're suffering from Mental Retardation if you just give it to Perma. Just buy something nice for yourself, it's not that hard.

What's wrong with donations?

Ideal Maxima
07-11-2007, 04:22 PM
How about he donates it to the Victims of Darfur fund? They could sure as hell use it more than you.

Perma
07-11-2007, 04:31 PM
http://csfdarfur.net/action/donate_darfur.php

But they don't take PayPal.

ScAreCroW
07-11-2007, 04:36 PM
What probably happened is someone mistyped the paypal send to information I would assume. Take it. Move on.

AriZonaT
07-11-2007, 04:36 PM
http://csfdarfur.net/action/donate_darfur.php

But they don't take PayPal.

Owned xD

Ideal Maxima
07-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Fine.
Try TheHungerSite.com (http://www.thehungersite.com)

You Can Help Even More

In addition to clicking the yellow "Help Feed The Hungry" button, visitors can help more by shopping in The Hunger Site store (http://shop.thehungersite.com/store/site.do?siteId=220&origin=ctg_ths_home-about). With each item purchased, shoppers generate funds for the hungry. The store offers a wide array of items to show your support as well as fair-traded and handcrafted items from around the world that help families and communities pull themselves out of the poverty and hunger cycle.

This way, everyone wins. Also, I have a CULTIVATEPEACE (https://shop.thehungersite.com/store/item.do?itemId=25970&siteId=220&sourceId=7&sourceClass=Category&index=5) Bracelet. That's how I know about this. My money went to the starving children in Darfur.

Perma
07-11-2007, 04:50 PM
What about Perma the starving college student? Or Fred the contractor who works twelve hours a day to barely make enough money to survive? I don't mean to sound apathetic, but people have been starving all over the world since time began. A few bucks isn't going to change that, ever.

Mr.CoolFace
07-11-2007, 04:52 PM
What about Perma the starving college student? Or Fred the contractor who works twelve hours a day to barely make enough money to survive? I don't mean to sound apathetic, but people have been starving all over the world since time began. A few bucks isn't going to change that, ever.

good point. i would much rather wurri about people Who we can help rather then people it would only be NICE to help.

like people in africa... wow you can save 1 life!! for only 6 cents a day!...

while hundreads Dies everyday....

Ideal Maxima
07-11-2007, 04:58 PM
It'll help some poor soul, some where.

Even if hundreds are dying, you're saving that one life. That's one less life that decays on the rotting earth. One less life that could have been your own.

Zephyrix
07-11-2007, 05:09 PM
If you just donate to them instead of teaching them how to make food/money, they will eventually depend on you.
Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will eat for a lifetime.

Ideal Maxima
07-11-2007, 05:12 PM
...They're mostly children.

Perma
07-11-2007, 05:23 PM
The point is, we're always going to be supplying these causes. The people there were fine before we started doing it, obviously, because they were still there. They will continue adapt and improve, much like we did. But not if we keep spoon feeding them.

Yes, there is a lot of unnecessary tragedy in some parts of the world that would be very uplifting to resolve. But it's just not going to happen with money, it takes action.

Uniquely_Defined
07-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Damn, talk about peer pressure. Oh and...

Yes, there is a lot of unnecessary tragedy in some parts of the world that would be very uplifting to resolve. But it's just not going to happen with just money, it takes action and money.

punture
07-11-2007, 05:25 PM
I think you should just take the money.
If someone mistyped it to you, then it's their fault.

XGhozt
07-11-2007, 05:50 PM
The worst that can happen is that paypal will take the money back.
Call their free number and ask if your not sure.

Sir_Winkey
07-11-2007, 07:39 PM
If it was a donation, keep it.

Ideal Maxima
07-11-2007, 08:01 PM
...Did you even read the thread thoroughly?

Sir_Winkey
07-11-2007, 08:05 PM
You mean the dumb posts like this? ^ Yep I sure did!

No seriously like they said I would keep it in the account for a period of time and if nothing happens take it and spend it! If nothing happens during that time then you shouldn't feel guilty.

Ideal Maxima
07-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Where did the subject of the money coming into his account become a donation?

Sir_Winkey
07-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Step 1: Read the title.

Step 2: Apply it to his post.

Bingo! You have a donation. When a random amount of money comes from an unkown source in paypal when not given for a product or service, typically it constitutes a donation.

AlCapwnz
07-11-2007, 08:14 PM
good point. i would much rather wurri about people Who we can help rather then people it would only be NICE to help.

like people in africa... wow you can save 1 life!! for only 6 cents a day!...

while hundreads Dies everyday....
One day a man was walking along the seashore. He noticed that during the night many seashells and starfish had washed upon the beach. Thoroughly enjoying the morning sun and cool sea air, the man walked for miles.
As he strolled along, he noticed a small figure dancing in the distance. It made him chuckle to think of someone celebrating life in such an uninhibited way. As he drew closer, however, it became apparent that the figure was not dancing. Instead, she seemed to be repeatedly performing some ritual.
He drew nearer still and noticed that the small figure was a child. She was methodically picking up starfish and tossing them into the surf. He paused for a moment, puzzled, then asked, "Why are you throwing these starfish?"
"It's high tide," she replied, "If I leave them on the beach, the sun will soon dry them and they will die. I am throwing them into the ocean so they can live." The man considered her actions, impressed with the child's thoughtfulness. Then he motioned up and down the miles of the beach. "There must be thousands of starfish along here," he said, "you cannot possibly make a difference."
The young girl stopped. Her face darkened. She chewed thoughtfully on her lower lip, "You're probably right," she said softly. She looked down at the sand. Then she leaned over, carefully picked up another starfish, pulled back and arched it gently into the sea.
With a tone of gentle defiance, she said, "But I made a difference for that one."

Perma
07-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Touching. But futile.

DUI_
07-11-2007, 08:18 PM
I may be wrong but doesn't it always give the email adress of the sender? Why not just write that person?

AlCapwnz
07-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Touching. But futile.

What's futile about helping a person?

Perma
07-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Taking your money, strolling over to a third world country and handing a family some coin is one thing. These massive donation funds buy products in wholesale, ship it over there, and don't give a damn who gets what.

Like pigs at feeding time. Yeah, that's really helpful to them. If we really want to make a difference, educate the population on how to provide for themselves instead of providing for them.

AlCapwnz
07-11-2007, 08:30 PM
But they're Africans.

DUI_
07-11-2007, 08:30 PM
If we really want to make a difference, educate the population on how to provide for themselves instead of providing for them.

amen

Mr.CoolFace
07-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Taking your money, strolling over to a third world country and handing a family some coin is one thing. These massive donation funds buy products in wholesale, ship it over there, and don't give a damn who gets what.

Like pigs at feeding time. Yeah, that's really helpful to them. If we really want to make a difference, educate the population on how to provide for themselves instead of providing for them.

i kind of agree.

the fact is, while yes it is a nice thing to hope for...
Us sending money to people Across seas like that is Pointless.
Its not helping them AT ALL. if anything its hurting them.
They Depend on us too much. like someone else said,
They were surviving on there own be-for we came.

Zephyrix
07-11-2007, 09:22 PM
If you just donate to them instead of teaching them how to make food/money, they will eventually depend on you.
Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will eat for a lifetime.

=|

Mr.CoolFace
07-11-2007, 09:24 PM
=|

also a very good point :P

IversonAli3
07-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Nothing will happen you paranoid delusional bastard. I doubt the FBI will kick your door down for $60.

Zephyrix
07-12-2007, 12:45 AM
You can always send me it for safekeeping. =]

Celestial_wolf
07-12-2007, 01:30 AM
Fine.

This way, everyone wins. Also, I have a CULTIVATEPEACE (https://shop.thehungersite.com/store/item.do?itemId=25970&siteId=220&sourceId=7&sourceClass=Category&index=5) Bracelet. That's how I know about this. My money went to the starving children in Darfur.

whoaa CULTIVATEPEACE (https://shop.thehungersite.com/store/item.do?itemId=25970&siteId=220&sourceId=7&sourceClass=Category&index=5) Bracelet?:stare: isnt that kinda gay. plus u can always donate to the WWF save the animals if its too complicated to save ppl plus u cant educate animals.:hmm:

LordRaiden
07-12-2007, 01:38 AM
Nothing will happen you paranoid delusional bastard. I doubt the FBI will kick your door down for $60.

I'm a emo, so please don't flame me.

I emailed that guy, he said that it was a typo and asked me for his money.

I'd, neat as I am, of course send it back :]

K? Pŕo?ćtiόnŹ
07-12-2007, 03:59 AM

Like pigs at feeding time. Yeah, that's really helpful to them. If we really want to make a difference, educate the population on how to provide for themselves instead of providing for them.Seriously. You're just feeding them today so they can die tommorow.

Ideal Maxima
07-12-2007, 05:30 AM
whoaa CULTIVATEPEACE (https://shop.thehungersite.com/store/item.do?itemId=25970&siteId=220&sourceId=7&sourceClass=Category&index=5) Bracelet?:stare: isnt that kinda gay. plus u can always donate to the WWF save the animals if its too complicated to save ppl plus u cant educate animals.:hmm:

Bought it from a school fund raiser. Happened to match my shirt at the time, but that doesn't change the fact that I helped someone.

Zephyrix
07-12-2007, 06:02 AM
Seriously. You're just feeding them today so they can die tommorow.
There's no point in living anyways.
You live today to die tomorrow.

Ideal Maxima
07-12-2007, 06:08 AM
But, you can always Die Another Day. XD

howardmeis
07-12-2007, 06:40 AM
Fine.

What about the starving children in AMERICA?!?! I'm over 6 feet tall and I weigh less than 140 pounds!!!!!!! FEED ME YOU BIOTCH!

Ideal Maxima
07-12-2007, 06:43 AM
Go to your job, you work at a ****in pizzaria.

Zephyrix
07-12-2007, 07:27 AM
What about the starving children in AMERICA?!?! I'm over 6 feet tall and I weigh less than 140 pounds!!!!!!! FEED ME YOU BIOTCH!

You can feed yourself. Get a damn job.

Gazzie
07-12-2007, 08:43 AM
Z0mg this is urgrent more importent that the people starving to death in africa listen i need that money to buy myself a very fancy pair of socks ones so fancy that they will feel so comfy and and good in all climates ones that dont make my feet sweat ones that are specialy made to fit my foot now you almost admit this is far more important than any of the suggestions so far

Calaspawn
07-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Do we actually have proof our money makes it all the way to Africa? Also if we feed one kid and his family starves then was it really worth it to save the kid? He will be angry and he will be just another orphan in Africa.

naga
07-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Could this stolen money be mine? T_T

Answer: yes

CrazyGerbilEater
07-12-2007, 03:53 PM
i help people all the time, because it makes me feel good

at least once every day i help someone

usually that person turns out to be myself

that makes me feel double good

U4EA
07-12-2007, 09:29 PM
My experience with economic development policy has led me to a few answers oh though this is off topic from the original (receiving funds on paypal) quick side note you are in no legal liability by receiving anonymous funds when you accept paypal transfer, you have established and closed a contract. The liability falls solely on the obligor, you as an obligee have no legal intercourse for misappropriation of funds.

Back to the Economic Development Policy, the classic theory rather we like to hear it or not is derived from gentlemen such as Marx and the oh soooo dismal Malthus. Their ideas of the world poverty and population becoming balanced through war, famine, and disease have been proven wrong. Then we take an economical view and lend our insight to the teachings of Adam Smith. This idea of an invisible hand moving us all toward the right direction that market forces will provide the greatest amount of good for the greatest number of individuals. WRONG again you see my point is their is no definitive reason why the poor are poor and the rich are rich. You may claim the rich are wealthy because of their entrepreneurial drive or their unknowingly disdain to prosper. Or that the wealthy have earned the right or the privilege by generations of forefathers providing for them. On the other side the poor can be sought as individuals that lack the desire to attain a prosperous lifestyle. The poor may be viewed as a burden to society to show the inept and lazy individuals. No matter what your views the cold hard fact remains that their are over 2.2 billion people on the planet earth living on less than 2 US dollars a day. Adjusting for purchase price parity leaves a horrific image of hyperinflation which paints a even more horrific portrait.

Yurikaze
08-03-2007, 06:31 AM
Every Cents counts doesn't it? But well developed countries have to play a part also.. Say hi to bush... Does he help? Help in fighting osama, yesh?

BloodyBlade
08-03-2007, 02:15 PM
Nice necropost.

Don't post in old threads.