PDA

View Full Version : Troube Partitioning

*eXpliCiT.
06-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Well, heres the deal. I'm back trying to install Ubuntu 7.04 because the Live CD of dapper drake wouldn't work, I got <0>Kernel error .. blah blah it just wusn't good.

When I try to partition my hdd with GParted, comes with Ubuntu 7.04, it says my NTFS filesystem is inconsistent and it should 5435325 <random numbers> CLUSTER blah blah and then tells me to run chkdsk /f a few times.

So I do that and when I do I get this message
Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process.

Any help would be much appreciated I guess my die hard Windows machine doesn't want me to run anything else, cuz it's given me hella troubles.
Edit- Ill break it down a little more..

- Resize /dev/hda1 from 145 GiB to 104 GiB
- Apply
- An error occurred while applying the operations
- Resize the filesystem, ERROR (95) Opening '/dev/hda12' as NTFS failed: Operations not supported. The NTFS journal file is unclean.

I think this might just be because I'm not shutting Windows down properly but i'll try that again, and probably again.

deathknot
06-15-2007, 07:32 PM
Go back on windows and schedule the check disk thing on it and it should run when you restart. Also shut your computer down through the os. Linux will bitch even more then windows if you don't shut i down properly.

*eXpliCiT.
06-15-2007, 09:09 PM
Yeah, a little too late its working fine. Thats exactly what I did thou, and it worked nicely.