Otaku
05-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Hallelujah. Hes done finally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Falwell
RIP

QFT. I remember reading comics about him in Bloom County :lol:

llafnwod
05-15-2007, 04:13 PM
This'll tide me over until Pat Robertson kicks it.

GoodGollyItsMolly!
05-16-2007, 12:03 PM
its seriously innapropriate to be glad that someone died when all they ever tried to do was to promote morals in this country. i mean; who cares that he was a christian, they may be morons but at least their morals are usually good.

BLeH
05-16-2007, 12:07 PM
its seriously innapropriate to be glad that someone died when all they ever tried to do was to promote morals in this country. i mean; who cares that he was a christian, they may be morons but at least their morals are usually good.

You must be confused, were talking about Jerry Falwell. The only morals i remember him promoting are bigotry and religious intolerance.

It's not about his religion, and Christians aren't morons.

GoodGollyItsMolly!
05-16-2007, 12:11 PM
i still dont think its fair to be thankful for the death of another person.

every religion is bigoted, thats why they all suck. but in this country everyone has a right to their own beliefs

Mookster
05-16-2007, 12:54 PM
My religion insists I take pleasure in the death of Jerry Fallwell.

every religion is bigoted, thats why they all suck. but in this country everyone has a right to their own beliefs

llafnwod
05-16-2007, 01:01 PM

They certainly do. What they do not have is the right to go on crusades to force said beliefs on anyone and everything in a 3000 mile radius, bringing their psychotic bull**** in contention with reason and tolerance. And like hell its inappropriate; would this even be an issue if it were Hitler's death we were celebrating?

disco
05-16-2007, 01:25 PM

Not us athiests. We just don't care.

They certainly do. What they do not have is the right to go on crusades to force said beliefs on anyone and everything in a 3000 mile radius, bringing their psychotic bull**** in contention with reason and tolerance. And like hell its inappropriate; would this even be an issue if it were Hitler's death we were celebrating?

Annnnnnnd Godwins Law!

JLTucker
05-16-2007, 02:19 PM
This'll tide me over until Pat Robertson kicks it.
HAH! Totally agreed. Doesn't that dumb**** have a tier 4 law school that 100+ of staff in the Bush Administration graduated from? This dumb**** was a faith healer back in the 80s. God what a ****.

Edit: Yes. He does.

Religion is destroying this country.

llafnwod
05-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Annnnnnnd Godwins Law!
Godwin's Law is only applied when you are comparing your opponent to Nazis, not merely by having a sentence with the word Hitler in it. I'm saying the standards he's applying to this guy are not universal as he claims.

unimailer1972
05-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Bye Jerry.
You will not be missed by me.

disco
05-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Godwin's Law is only applied when you are comparing your opponent to Nazis, not merely by having a sentence with the word Hitler in it. I'm saying the standards he's applying to this guy are not universal as he claims.

It applies to any comparison made from the subject at hand to Hitler or the Nazis.