PDA

View Full Version : Java Runtime Environment

Training-Name
03-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Okay, here's the problem:

I previously had Java Runtime Environment Update 10 installed on my computer, I believe.
Now, due to complications, it got uninstalled apparently, as it won't run anymore, but there are still remnants left. It appears in Add/Remove Programs, and still won't reinstall.

I've went to Add/Remove Programs, and I've tried to uninstall it from there, it won't let me. It tells me that there is a problem, in that it "cannot find the directory specified." The directory it's searching for is: C:\Program Files\Java.

That directory is no longer there, due to the deletion of the program before, I assume.

I went into the Registry, and deleted every little bit I could find of Java Runtime Environment. I did not delete the parts about Javascript, just the Runtime Environment.

Now I can't reinstall it, or remove it from my computer apparently.
There are these errors that appear.

Pete_Zahut
03-25-2007, 11:53 AM
you should try system restore to before you installed it

YourMother
03-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Hmm. You can try the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us

Training-Name
03-25-2007, 07:47 PM
you should try system restore to before you installed it

Apparently, all my restore points were wiped form about an hour before I made this topic.

And to the post about the Windows Install Clean Up thingy, that doesn't help me.

Training-Name
03-26-2007, 10:01 AM
I am unable to open the Java Control Panel icon.

Training-Name
03-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Help :'(

YourMother
03-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Install this Java Runtime Env. again, maybe in save modus over the old one. If the JRE is still not working, than try to deinstall it again.

And did you tried this Windows Clan Up Utility? I think I could unistall my Java Environment with it.

sry i have no better ideas.

Sinz
03-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Pm'ed you about this

Training-Name
03-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Install this Java Runtime Env. again, maybe in save modus over the old one. If the JRE is still not working, than try to deinstall it again.

And did you tried this Windows Clan Up Utility? I think I could unistall my Java Environment with it.

sry i have no better ideas.Apparently, I have no ability to use the Install Wizard in Safe Mode.

...?

and No, the Windows CleanUp Tool didn't help, it wouldn't do anything to the Java option that appeared.