PDA

View Full Version : Taskbar Icons Missing

ScAreCroW
02-15-2007, 02:53 PM
In the past weeks a select few of my taskbar icons have been gone. Including z.a. I now purchased a new mouse and in order to change it's settings I need it to appear in the sys tray. However, due to the afore mentioned problems it won't appear. Just wondering if there are any solutions to this problem. I have tried google.

~Dan

dopesmoker
02-15-2007, 03:02 PM
In the past weeks a select few of my taskbar icons have been gone. Including z.a. I now purchased a new mouse and in order to change it's settings I need it to appear in the sys tray. However, due to the afore mentioned problems it won't appear. Just wondering if there are any solutions to this problem. I have tried google.

~Dan

I may be ****ing baked or I might just be damn ignorant, but I dont know what your problem is exactly?

ScAreCroW
02-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Okay, you know the icons on the bottom right next to the clock. Those are called system tray icons. Now some of them are running in the background but don't show up there anymore. Which I need them to.

DSG
02-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Have you tried clicking the little 'show hidden icons' button just to the left of the systray?

ScAreCroW
02-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Yeah tried that first. Nothing. Thanks though

DSG
02-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Right click the sytray, properties. Uncheck 'Hide inactive icons.' If theres still no change try rebooting.

ScAreCroW
02-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Did that and did the second a few times.

Please keep in mind I'm not a complete idiot

HARD_ON
02-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Now, I'm sure you may have tried, but did you restart or log off?
Also...are there only specific icon's gone, or is it the whole thing?

ScAreCroW
02-16-2007, 03:36 PM
Specific. It's really weird. To my knowledge I'm missing Zone Alarm, Spyware Gaurd, Windows defender, and my new mouse icon thing that I need to use the mouse. Which is annoying

Also, this is with Zone Alarm; it is running but not in taskbar so if I want to allow or deny something access to the server I need to manually open it. Then go into program control.

kds
02-16-2007, 03:45 PM
maybe try this program
http://www.codeproject.com/tools/ShellTrayInfo.asp

ScAreCroW
02-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Currently setting up the code for that program. Not the most convenient thing but it may work. I should soon find out