PDA

View Full Version : Hacks for all versions?

Jett
01-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Is there a site that has various hacks for ALL versions of Brood War?

There's going to be a mini-LAN party at my school tomorrow in class so I'm gunna dick around until someone notices I'm hacking :P

It's mostly a joke though and there will only be 5 or 6 people, it's not like I'm entering a tournament or anything :)

kds
01-15-2007, 01:04 PM
i don't think so
what version do you need something for, me or somebody else might have it

Jett
01-15-2007, 01:10 PM
i don't think so
what version do you need something for, me or somebody else might have it

Well, that's the problem: I don't know.

One of us (not me) is bringing in the disc for both SC and BW, but I don't know if we're going to get on battle.net and update or just play straight off the disc.

If it's off the disc: I don't know what version it would be on
If it's battle.net: I haven't hacked on SC in the longest time but I assume that Inhale still works

llafnwod
01-15-2007, 01:13 PM
If it's straight off the disk, it's almost certainly v1.04. I don't have any hacks for that version, though. Try to get them to update, there are plenty of hacks available for the current patch on this site.

Jett
01-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Alright, so...

For the newest version, are there any LAN specific hacks I should look for? Because I remember back when I used to play SC, there was mineral hacks and all of that that worked fine because they were on LAN rather than battle.net

edit:

Also, will this work with the newest version?
http://www.bwhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16313

Ctark
01-15-2007, 02:31 PM
make them update and then use oblivion, it is the best! inhale only has map hack, oblivion has ALOT of fetchers

here's the link: oblivion (http://www.bwhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20000) that is the newest version, and shouldn't crash

Jett
01-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Yes, but Oblivion has to be injected because it's a .dll. My main question was whether or not iNHALE still works fine as an injector.
edit: ahh, my bad, I didn't realize that Oblivion came with a loader.

Aberrant
01-15-2007, 07:23 PM
Just download the BW 1.14 update on your thumbdrive, and suggest they update. Then have oblivion waiting on your machine. Too easy.

gamepin126
01-15-2007, 07:32 PM
I made a custom installer with a hotkey that ran silently on my school's machine. I eventually got it to all the machines. It had a 7 key combo and could play SC with hacks anytime I wanted :P

Aberrant
01-16-2007, 12:47 AM
Going to read about you in a newspaper some day GP.

SC_Modder
01-16-2007, 01:04 AM
For all we know, we may already have. :D

p00onu
01-16-2007, 08:45 AM
Yonder worked on a project a while ago where his hacks would be self-converting. It was really neat however it just isn't practical because they seen to change a lot of the code itself with every patch.

YonderKnight
01-16-2007, 11:45 AM
p00, my hax are never unpractical! *cough*

Lol, but it worked pretty decently for minor patches. I'm actually thinking about making some more self-converting hacks =p.

SC_Modder
01-16-2007, 12:56 PM
I don't think it would work anymore in the new patches, any of the functions could change calling convention on every compile.

Xthar
01-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Dont cheat at lan parties this will happen to you:
http://www.starterupsteve.com/video/cheaterlow.html

Jett
01-21-2007, 01:18 PM

I'd be using the school's ****ty computers if we did end up doing it, therefore I wouldn't care if they picked it up and through it out the window, they'd just owe the school money :P

Kitten
01-26-2007, 06:49 PM
ROFL, only thing I wonder about that.. is why when the guy had his computer thrown out did he pick up the outer shell of the CPU??? don't try to salvage the computer, no, just the casing... wtf?? lol

test-acc
01-26-2007, 06:55 PM
I ask that myself everyday.

why oh why did you pick up the casing and not the CPU, oh em gee

Perma
01-26-2007, 07:08 PM
Funny part is that's the most staged, phony-looking thing I've ever seen and that computer is an archaic piece of crap not remotely worth $2000.

Zephyrix
01-26-2007, 07:20 PM
I don't think it would work anymore in the new patches, any of the functions could change calling convention on every compile.

Hereustics, signature scanning.
http://wiki.tcwonline.org/index.php?title=Signature_Scanning&redirect=no

Perma
01-26-2007, 07:42 PM
If a function significantly changed it's calling convention, you would not be able to interact with it even if you were able to locate it's position in memory.

Zephyrix
01-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Even so, it is better having a chance for it to work rather than making a million different versions.
What if someone stopped updating their hack, like inhale?
Would it just have to die out?

YonderKnight
01-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Yeah, it's really annoying to have to update your hack for every small patch. I don't really record "addresses" for my hack notes anymore, I record strings I can search for to find the address I need, and it's been working pretty well for most patches.

laocoon
01-29-2007, 01:09 AM
One of us (not me) is bringing in the disc for both SC and BW, but I don't know if we're going to get on battle.net and update or just play straight off the disc.

If it's off the disc: I don't know what version it would be on
If it's battle.net: I haven't hacked on SC in the longest time but I assume that Inhale still works

So if they bring in one disc... then you won't be playing BW anyways. Sc works with spawns, but BW doesn't. The versions on my copy of each were 1.05 I got the small battle chest though. I'd assume you should be bringing a copy of alcohol for each computer as well as an image for everyone to copy. If you do this, then everyone can play BW and if you are distributing both alcohol and BW then it would be easy to get them to update their copies.

If they don't want to run BW, you're gonna have to write your own hacks anyways...:fun: