PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Cell Phones

lpxxfaintxx
12-20-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm only familiar with GSM/T-Mobile/Cingular phones where you can switch phones by simply unlocking it, and switching SIM cards.

Verizon, on the other hand, uses CDMA. If I buy a verizon phone on eBay, how would I 'transfer' my account to the newly bought phone? Is there some special code, or software? Does an authorized dealer have to do it? Would be 999 times easier if they used SIM cards too.

Vinex
12-20-2006, 08:41 PM
You are correct verizon = no sim cards, you can either go to a dealer and have them do it for $20 or you can spend 7.3 minutes and do it yourself for free online. You might need your mommy to give you some information from the bill though, i can't remember... either way you just need the ESN from the old and new phones i think, punch in the info and boom new phone is ready to rip

lpxxfaintxx
12-21-2006, 04:22 AM
What about all the contacts and sh*t?

Bilago
12-21-2006, 05:27 AM
If you are not going to use the Verizon phone for Verizon service, good luck making that work with all their security and ****, but anywho there is no way you can transfer your contacts unless you have bluetooth on the phones, and then you can just use BitPim to export your contacts and then import them on the new phone.

lpxxfaintxx
12-21-2006, 01:25 PM
No, I want to use a Verizon Phone with Verizon Wireless. The only thing is that the phone will be bought on ebay.

Bilago
12-21-2006, 01:34 PM
You can use any Verizon phone you baught or was given to you, that will be no problem. If your phone already is Verizon now, they can transfer your contacts for you for i believe 15 dollars. if its a non-verizon phone you wont be able to.

Calavera
12-22-2006, 11:58 AM
http://reviews.ebay.com/How-to-Activate-Your-Cell-Phone-on-Verizon-Wireless_W0QQugidZ10000000001211420

Hosana
05-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Get the unlock code in this site -link removed- for unlocking Your mobile & gain nice solution

MiCrOz
05-24-2010, 03:19 AM
Get the unlock code in this site Pro Unlocking.com- Unlock Your Phone (http://www.prounlocking.com/unlock-your-phone/rs8wp2/) for unlocking Your mobile & gain nice solution

#1. Most likely spambot but I'll reply anyway
#2. Unlocking the phone wouldn't do anything (I realize this thread is 4 years old, but just incase someone stumbles upon it later)
#3. Simply calling Verizon can transfer your phone, depending on your plan it can be free or cost a few bucks. As for the contacts, most/all Verizon phones can download an app called Backup Agent for a few bucks a month that will backup your contacts to Verizon's server incase you change or lose your phone

Deg™
05-24-2010, 06:28 PM
I bought a new Razr on ebay a few years back to replace my broken one. As long as the phone is compatible with your plan, you'll be fine to just follow the online instructions. If it's a blackberry or other smartphone, be prepared to have to pay for that service though; it won't go unnoticed.

********, stupid necroposting ****.

NickF
05-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Closed.