PDA

View Full Version : dvd to .mp4 or .mov

Greek
11-28-2006, 09:13 AM
i already have dvd movies and shorts ripped onto my computer, and I need to convert them to a format that an i pod and a zune will take, if anyone knows any good programs that converts from dvd to these formats that are free and aren't a trial please help me.

rum
11-28-2006, 09:20 AM
www.videora.com

Greek
11-28-2006, 10:39 AM
are you sure that works for dvd's?

test-acc
11-28-2006, 11:03 AM
Yes, videora is the one I use too (for my iPod).

I don't know if it works for DVD's (what do you mean by this? what format is a "dvd"? .avi? This works with it).

If it doesn't, a google search for "dvd converter ipod" comes up with some good results, but as said before, videora is the one most people use.

putis
11-28-2006, 11:07 AM
PQ DVD converter. Look for the torrent of that. I might still have the crack and everything, but you'll have to wait until I get home. That's always worked for me, straight from the dvd to ipod format, ready to sync.

Loser777
11-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Magic DVD Ripper, can do encoding or a direct rip in the original video format for a faster RIP. For a feature length movie, I would reckon about 3-6 hours for ripping and encoding, and 20 minutes for MPEG-2 ripping without re-encoding. Worked on all of my DVD's that I tried it on, including previously unrippable ones. If you want the crack pm me.

Boyo_Boy
11-28-2006, 04:52 PM
Winavi i think it would work.

Greek
11-29-2006, 09:00 AM
Yes, videora is the one I use too (for my iPod).

I don't know if it works for DVD's (what do you mean by this? what format is a "dvd"? .avi? This works with it).

If it doesn't, a google search for "dvd converter ipod" comes up with some good results, but as said before, videora is the one most people use.

yes it does work for dvd's i found a tutorial to do it and dvd's are ifo files which need other dependent files to make them work so its a little different then just changing the format of a regular video thanks for the help +rep

test-acc
11-29-2006, 09:13 AM
No problem man.

I found this too http://forums.ipodhacks.com/showthread.php?t=1792

It's helpful for me too as I just got myself a video iPod, so im trying stuff out.

CRAZIE_GUY
11-29-2006, 01:37 PM
i use 3GP_Converter. extremely light, converts almost any video file to MP4 with the option of automatically renaming the files for PSP. works very very well.