PDA

View Full Version : Oh for the love of god.

CrankyBuddha
11-04-2006, 06:24 PM
Well, this is mild to moderately unfortunate. I just got around to "borrowing" a copy of windows xp to put on my computer, and it decided to not be able to find a driver for my video card, which of course, sucks. So i went to the website for the driver, which is an S3 Trio 3D, and they apparently stopped making drivers for this around Windows ME. My question here is: Does anyone know a way around this, or do i have to go get a new video card, because if thats the case, ill probly just start looking at new computers. Is there some like, generic driver for obsolete video cards or anything? Thanks.

-CB

disco
11-04-2006, 06:43 PM
http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/s33dtrio.html

Does that help?

Loser777
11-04-2006, 06:45 PM
That's a toughie, if it's that obsolete, then I doubt you'd be able to do much fore it, so I guess the Driver built into window is ok... If you need it for more than simply Windows, do a good search online, chances are, you'll find it, either from a torrent or some other place.

Pete_Zahut
11-04-2006, 06:45 PM
new video card would be better something under 80 bucks or so

XpLoiTeD
11-04-2006, 06:52 PM
new video card would be better something under 80 bucks or so

If that was wat he wanted, he wouldnt post about fixing it.

Pete_Zahut
11-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Does anyone know a way around this, or do i have to go get a new video card, because if thats the case, ill probly just start looking at new computers.

or maybe u should ****ing read

im giving him a possible idea he could use

Mystic Videl
11-04-2006, 07:27 PM
I doubt there is going to be much that will really help. You can try using a older driver, even though the chances of it working are pretty slim. Try Discos link =\.

CrankyBuddha
11-04-2006, 07:27 PM
http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/s33dtrio.html

Does that help?

that did it, thanks alot man

Mystic Videl
11-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Closed, solution found. Cranky, if you'd like this thread to be reopened please PM me.