PDA

View Full Version : How to burn installed game?

~*^CuLo^*~
12-17-2004, 08:58 AM
I tried burning Starcraft on a RW-CD and well, i remembered that my schools computer's didnt have cd burners, so their cd roms cant read my RW-CD.
Anyways, i tried i burned it on a rw-cd (with the no cd crack inside, BTW I WENT TO program files/Starcraft and copyed the starcraft folder already installed on my pc and burned that folder)

It was done and i opened starcraft.exe, which wouldnt load, then i tried the cd no crack icon that was there, still didnt work, gave me an error that it couldnt read something.

sO would someone tell me how to burn starcraft already installed on a CD-R
Or CD-RW, w/e.

Thnx~

hba
12-17-2004, 10:48 AM
From the sound of it, you just want a copy of Starcraft put onto a CD so you can play it at school. Regardless of how pointless this sounds, this is how you can make it easy on yourself...

1) Use your burner at home and use a CD-R, not a CD-RW.

2) Download CloneCD. It's a very useful program that you can use for free for 21 days I believe.

3) Put your original Starcraft CD that you use to play at home into your drive and clone (copy) it to your new CD-R. Don't try to copy and paste files, it just doesn't work. I've tried it before for an hour and decided to re-download CloneCD again because I know it works.

4) Once this copy is created, take it to your school and install it all over again like you did at home. Don't forget your CD key, but be aware that if you were to be at home playing and by chance someone at the school stumbled onto it and logged on that you would be kicked off your own account by the name registered to the CD-Key.

5) Have fun and don't get caught up. It varies from school to school on how punishment comes when introducing unauthorized .exe files onto school computers.

test-acc
12-17-2004, 10:55 AM
lol playing SC at school...

bulk_4me
12-17-2004, 11:28 AM
Edit the StarCD key in the registry. Finally are you suggeting that CD-RW can only be read by CD Burners?

~*^CuLo^*~
12-17-2004, 11:44 AM
From the sound of it, you just want a copy of Starcraft put onto a CD so you can play it at school. Regardless of how pointless this sounds, this is how you can make it easy on yourself...

1) Use your burner at home and use a CD-R, not a CD-RW.

2) Download CloneCD. It's a very useful program that you can use for free for 21 days I believe.

3) Put your original Starcraft CD that you use to play at home into your drive and clone (copy) it to your new CD-R. Don't try to copy and paste files, it just doesn't work. I've tried it before for an hour and decided to re-download CloneCD again because I know it works.

4) Once this copy is created, take it to your school and install it all over again like you did at home. Don't forget your CD key, but be aware that if you were to be at home playing and by chance someone at the school stumbled onto it and logged on that you would be kicked off your own account by the name registered to the CD-Key.

5) Have fun and don't get caught up. It varies from school to school on how punishment comes when introducing unauthorized .exe files onto school computers.

I think you tried to xplain to me how to do a CD TO CD-R burn.
What i meant was "BURN STARCRAFT ALREADY INSTALLED ON A CD" so that i can insert the disc and play without installing it at school... so its faster u know?.. juz bored of doing it everyday ;(

BTW Thnx for Replying ;)

!!!~

Siege-Tank
12-17-2004, 12:14 PM
Maybe it might be easier to buy one of those USB flash drive things. That is what I used to play games at school. They have them up to 2GB now and you can install things on it because it is like a drive. Then you can play stuff off it. I was playing Super Mario RPG with a SNES emulator off mine. Easier to erase and install different games too.

I know it?s not what you wanted to do but hope it helps. :D

Par[A]doX
12-17-2004, 01:29 PM
I don't think it is possible to do what you are trying to do. That is like taking your whole Windows directory and copying it to a CD then expecting it to work on another computer. It just wont happen. If you have a CD why not copy that, or why not just take the original CD to school, however it sounds like you don't even have one.

~*^CuLo^*~
12-17-2004, 04:26 PM
Maybe it might be easier to buy one of those USB flash drive things. That is what I used to play games at school. They have them up to 2GB now and you can install things on it because it is like a drive. Then you can play stuff off it. I was playing Super Mario RPG with a SNES emulator off mine. Easier to erase and install different games too.

I know it?s not what you wanted to do but hope it helps. :D

Hey!, i might as well do that, that sounds like a pretty good idea,
Thnx :lol:

doX]I don't think it is possible to do what you are trying to do. That is like taking your whole Windows directory and copying it to a CD then expecting it to work on another computer. It just wont happen. If you have a CD why not copy that, or why not just take the original CD to school, however it sounds like you don't even have one.

Oh, i see. I do have copys of starcraft, like 6 of them, that is not a problem, what really is a problem is having to install it everyday, then download the 1.11b patch from blizzard website, because i guess on my school's computers, you cant download it from starcraft b.net =\. So ya i wanted to have it ready as soon as i insert the disk, anyways i think i'll juz have to go with siege-tank's idea.

Thnx for explaining though ;)

Im done with this Threat :w00t: