PDA

View Full Version : [Release] Starspeak v1.0.5 for Starcraft v1.14

Perma
10-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Overview

It was nearly a year ago now that I came up with a brilliant idea to allow users to talk to each other across Battle.net servers. I called the project Starcraft Live, and for many months that was all it ever amounted to - an idea. At that time, there was a shortage of knowledge on my part and many blockades to prevent the development of such a tool. However, over the past few months, the knowledge and abundance of resources available to me had grown enough to continue to pursue my idea and try to make it into something real. Today, after nearly three months' development, I am very pleased to announce the release of the official Starspeak client.

I am also excited to announce that Starspeak has been constructed from the ground up to be compatible with four of the most popular hacks; Oblivion, Inhale, eScratch, and Useful. This means that you can still enjoy all of the features of your favorite hacks, and be a part of the Starspeak network at the same time!

What does Starspeak do?

This is a client, that can be injected like any other hack, which does a number of unique features. It was originally the first on-screen chat logger, and continues to uphold that tradition with an improved chat logging system and a slightly redesigned interface. Starspeak also boasts the ability to allow you to chat across realms with other Starspeak users. You can create your own channels to host your clan or friends, just as you would create Battle.net channels. You can whisper other Starspeak users, or take advantage of the "/r" reply feature, which automatically responds to the last person who whispered you.

Features

Crossrealm chat feature.
The original on-screen chat logger.
Multiple page function for logged messages. Up to 5 pages.
Channel feature for crossrealm chat to keep your messages private.
Whispers in crossrealm chat to keep your conversations targeted to one person.
Reply feature that automatically replies to the last person who whispered you.
Tab in the lower right corner of the screen to alert you when new Starspeak messages have been received.

Screenshots

http://www.permaonline.com/uploads/starspeak01.gif
http://www.permaonline.com/uploads/starspeak02.gif

Download
http://www.permaonline.com/files/starspeak.zip

Perma
02-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Updated the version 1.0.5. +rep if you like it.

SC_Modder
02-11-2007, 05:45 PM
I think some credit is due to the creator of the loader there perma. ;)

You should also include a link to localpatch.zip methinks.

Perma
02-11-2007, 05:47 PM
I think some credit is due to the creator of the loader there perma. ;)

Fixed.

Gatão
02-11-2007, 05:48 PM
Updated the version 1.0.5. +rep if you like it.

But your rep is disabled.:w00t: :woop:

EDIT: nvm, it's enabled now.

SC_Modder
02-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Fixed.

I was referring to the readme, but oh well. :P

HARD_ON
02-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Looks like good work.

+Rep.

poplyx
02-11-2007, 10:09 PM
always great work from perma

DUI_
02-12-2007, 01:04 AM
Perma,

A quick idea... Say we set up a dedicated "starspeak" server. Would it be possible to add in an offline messaging system to the program?

Ctark
02-12-2007, 03:46 AM
looks good hopefully i can test it out soon.
thanks.

Perma
02-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Perma,

A quick idea... Say we set up a dedicated "starspeak" server. Would it be possible to add in an offline messaging system to the program?

Not sure what you're getting at there. You mean something outside of Starcraft that you can use to chat on Starspeak?

DUI_
02-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Not sure what you're getting at there. You mean something outside of Starcraft that you can use to chat on Starspeak?

I made that comment before checking the read me. But from what I understand, you have your own server which relays the messages across realms. According to your privacy statement in the read me...

"Data sent and received by the Starspeak client, including chat, realms, usernames, channel information, and any other information sent across the Starspeak network. Perma Online reserves the right to use any of this information in the investigation of abuse to our service(s)."

If you are already saving data such as chat logs, it seems sending offline massages wouldn't be far fetched. Since you already have the server in place to handle it, you would just need to implement the feature =)

So the idea would be to leave a message for a friend, who is offline. When they log in they get the message. Similar to the mail feature in bots.

SC_Modder
02-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Perma's current server "technology" is a bit too limited for that feature.

Mostly because right now, it can't even tell if specific user is online or off.

DUI_
02-12-2007, 02:01 PM

ok, well once that gets updated it would be a nice feature =)

Edit : Is this an open source project?

Perma
02-12-2007, 02:08 PM

It could so. And no, this is not an open source project.

Saberking
02-12-2007, 02:11 PM
looks great

Gatão
02-12-2007, 03:24 PM
I would like to test this, but my mom lost my SC CD1. I only have the expansion CD. But looks cool...

gamepin126
02-13-2007, 03:07 AM
There is only 1 SC cd...

Antihaxer
02-13-2007, 07:16 AM
I think he means has Starcraft: Broodwar, but does not have Starcraft the original version.

gamepin126
02-13-2007, 07:19 AM
Why would you need the original?

Antihaxer
02-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Don't you have to install the original one before you can install the expansion? That is if he does not already have it installed.

Gatão
02-13-2007, 09:46 AM
I think you didn't read a thread I said I formatted my winchester.

NickF
02-14-2007, 07:12 AM
Looking through the glass..DOn't know how mcuh time has past...OH GOD IT FEELS LIKE FOREVER SINCE 1.04 WAS REALESED WITH UPDATE PROMISES.
Lol sorry...
Looks like great work perma. Seems stable after testing. I recommend using this for its sexiness.

Zephyrix
02-14-2007, 07:51 AM
;390778']Looking through the glass..DOn't know how mcuh time has past...OH GOD IT FEELS LIKE FOREVER SINCE 1.04 WAS REALESED WITH UPDATE PROMISES.
Lol sorry...
Looks like great work Perma. Seems stable after testing. I recommend using this for its sexiness.

NickF
02-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks. Sorry bout that.

libralism
02-14-2007, 04:56 PM
This program is missing some encryption mechanisms. Anyone with a packet sniffer or knowledge of making a client could easily intercept anyone's conversation on that "server" of yours.

Palomino
02-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Seems like an interesting hack.

libralism
02-14-2007, 05:06 PM
LLGW anyway.

SC_Modder
02-14-2007, 05:06 PM
This program is missing some encryption mechanisms. Anyone with a packet sniffer or knowledge of making a client could easily intercept anyone's conversation on that "server" of yours.

I know, he knows. I tried telling him it wasn't fit for release but, meh.

BigAssBurito
02-15-2007, 09:27 AM
ok mabye this sounds a little crazy but mabye you should add an on screen channal list, private and public channals for starspeak. I know I'm crazy...
:yeah:

gamepin126
02-15-2007, 09:36 AM
ok mabye this sounds a little crazy but mabye you should add an on screen channal list, private and public channals for starspeak. I know I'm crazy...
:yeah:

That idea's about as crazy as a typing big ass burrito. I think public channels would be cool to add, but keep private ones off the list.

BigAssBurito
02-15-2007, 12:43 PM
That idea's about as crazy as a typing big ass burrito. I think public channels would be cool to add, but keep private ones off the list.

Yeah sorry I wasnt thinking when I posted that, I was half awake. :wink:

KingsLair.Net
03-26-2007, 05:17 PM
thats nice