PDA

View Full Version : Tupac

//a\\//a\\//r\\//t\\
10-08-2006, 11:29 AM
ok can someone explain this to me. i cant understand why everyone is so obsessed with Tupac. no one liked his music until he died. and then a few years after he died they tried to say he came back to life? wtf mate?

Dragan
10-08-2006, 11:40 AM
Everone who listens to rap/hip hop loved his music while he was alive and they still loves it now.

//a\\//a\\//r\\//t\\
10-08-2006, 11:43 AM
ya. but his music sucked. just like all of that other rap. im not trying to flame anyone but seriously, i hear so many people talking about how Tupac died, and its like **** man stfu already ya so what he died. millions of people die everyday and no one cares.

putis
10-08-2006, 11:45 AM
When someone that made such influential music dies before their time it's a tragedy, and people don't easily forget about it.

//a\\//a\\//r\\//t\\
10-08-2006, 11:48 AM
good point.

but what did he influence? the rap of today? new day rap sucks so much ass its not even funny.

putis
10-08-2006, 11:50 AM
He did influence rap music today. Just because the music has changed drastically, doesn't mean today's artists aren't influenced by him. Music is constantly changing, so even if something is influenced by the stuff before it, it will most likely sound quite different.

//a\\//a\\//r\\//t\\
10-08-2006, 11:54 AM
true. rock has changed dramaticly.

but, i have another question for you. when you listen to "rap" do you listen to the lyrics or the beat?

putis
10-08-2006, 11:55 AM
I don't listen to 'rap,' I listen to hip-hop. When I do, I listen to the song as a whole, but separate it by first the 'music,' seeing as I'm a musician, then the lyrics.

//a\\//a\\//r\\//t\\
10-08-2006, 11:57 AM
ya. well most of the lyrics in rap/pop talk about what, shooting people and robbing people, doing drugs, stealing cars, how tough the person is,and mostly disrespecting women. how is that music?

10-08-2006, 12:00 PM
no one liked his music until he diedThats bull****, after his death his music just got more popular, he had many fans even when he was alive.

putis
10-08-2006, 12:01 PM
That's the 'rap' music now. I said 'hip-hop' on purpose, because it eludes to older stuff, like Cypress Hill, and KRS-1, and that stuff.

//a\\//a\\//r\\//t\\
10-08-2006, 12:01 PM
yes i know that. but no one like*d* his music to the extent that they do now. sorry about not specifing.

10-08-2006, 12:05 PM
yes i know that. but no one like*d* his music to the extent that they do now. sorry about not specifing.True, it seems like alot of artists get more popular after they die.

//a\\//a\\//r\\//t\\
10-08-2006, 12:05 PM
That's the 'rap' music now. I said 'hip-hop' on purpose, because it eludes to older stuff, like Cypress Hill, and KRS-1, and that stuff.

not all of it. ive heard some songs that still covered some of that stuff in pop.

Mystic Videl
10-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Blasphomy! Tupac shall never die.

//a\\//a\\//r\\//t\\
10-08-2006, 12:19 PM
pshh vid u raised in a cave? (jp) but if no one believes me ill sit here and find you some lyrics. i dont have a problem, itll prob be fun for like .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000001
miliseconds.

test-acc
10-08-2006, 12:28 PM
ya. but his music sucked. just like all of that other rap. im not trying to flame anyone but seriously, i hear so many people talking about how Tupac died, and its like **** man stfu already ya so what he died. millions of people die everyday and no one cares.

This is just a matter of opinion.

You have the worst debate skills.

//a\\//a\\//r\\//t\\
10-08-2006, 12:30 PM
This is just a matter of opinion.

You have the worst debate skills.

you betcha. but i still get people to debate with me.

and btw this is a disscusion not a debate. open floor for all opions.

BLeH
10-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Course he had alot of fans before he died, but not anywhere near as much as after his death. If you don't believe me look at his album sales before and after his death. It doesn't matter how good you are at something really, if you get just a little bit a fame and you die very unexpectedly your become a cult figure period. Alot of Tupac's stuff was just sampling and copying other peoples music. He was probably a great artist, but not as great as the absurd heroic idle many people hold him as.

The best example I can think of is James Dean. Dean only actually had 3 movies and only 1 of them was a hit, but today there are alot or even most people would place James Dean as one of the greatest actors ever. John Lennon was one of the most popular musicians in the world, but after he died he became like a God. James Belushi, Chris Farrely, Sex Pistols, Jimi Hendrix, Selena, etc. the list goes on and on.

//a\\//a\\//r\\//t\\
10-08-2006, 12:33 PM
Course he had alot of fans before he died, but not anywhere near as much as after his death. If you don't believe me look at his album sales before and after his death. It doesn't matter how good you are at something really, if you get just a little bit a fame and you die very unexpectedly your become a cult figure period. Alot of Tupac's stuff was just sampling and copying other peoples music. He was probably a great artist, but not as great as the absurd heroic idle many people hold him as.

The best example I can think of is James Dean. Dean only actually had 3 movies and only 1 of them was a hit, but today there are alot or even most people would place James Dean as one of the greatest actors ever. John Lennon was one of the most popular musicians in the world, but after he died he became like a God. James Belushi, Chris Farrely, Sex Pistols, Jimi Hendrix, etc. the list goes on and on.

thank you bleh. ^^^^^^^^^ that right there is verrrrrrry true.

Ideal Maxima
10-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Why, just because he agrees with you?

//a\\//a\\//r\\//t\\
10-08-2006, 01:32 PM
no. and im ****in quittin ****in BWH. these mods on here are gay. ****ers just because i said something that one didnt like. (Tenisea) had me put on a mod review. and btw no its because its true do some research because this is my last post on this lame ass forum.

putis
10-08-2006, 01:49 PM
The best example I can think of is James Dean. Dean only actually had 3 movies and only 1 of them was a hit, but today there are alot or even most people would place James Dean as one of the greatest actors ever. John Lennon was one of the most popular musicians in the world, but after he died he became like a God. James Belushi, Chris Farrely, Sex Pistols, Jimi Hendrix, Selena, etc. the list goes on and on.

Jim Belushi, Farley, the Pistols, and Hendrix were all very popular and successful both during and after their lives. It's true that in death many 'artists' become more popular than they were in life, but that doesn't mean they weren't talented. Most great artists weren't appreciated until after their deaths, due to them being ahead of their time creatively.

BLeH
10-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Jim Belushi, Farley, the Pistols, and Hendrix were all very popular and successful both during and after their lives. It's true that in death many 'artists' become more popular than they were in life, but that doesn't mean they weren't talented. Most great artists weren't appreciated until after their deaths, due to them being ahead of their time creatively.

I'm not saying that they weren't talented im saying their achievements most of the time get blown up. Take the 1950s Rock'N'Roll scene can you honestly name 10 prominent artists from then off the top of your head? Probably not, but even a 10 year old has heard of Buddy Holly, who in all honestly wasn't any greater or more famous and ground breaking in his time than the flamingos or Paul anka.

putis
10-08-2006, 02:54 PM
I can only think of about 5-6. Sadly, I don't think many 10 year old know who Buddy Holly is, I don't think most people on this site know who Buddy Holly is, but that's a different story. The only people who's achievements get blown up are people that actually made an impact while living. Buddy Holly may not have been exceptionally talented musically, but it's the influence made that causes that.

ecks7
10-08-2006, 08:18 PM
To the dude who made the thread.... Watch Tupac: Resurrection and ask ur questions again... cause serious... your speaking from a very bias opinion. yeah you may be down with that punk rock or whatever it is... but rap ( or Hip Hop for u Putis) is way different and cause your not down with him or the music, doesn't mean u can throw untrue facts in the air. And okhes gottin a bit more famous because hes dead, but at the same time he still has millions upon millions of fans before hes death... he was by far one of the most respect rap/hip hop artists around... because he stuck out... he did the differ... when people was rappin about there ice and what not he spoke about brenda having a baby at 15 years old and being picked on by the police... and police brutality... thats why 2pac is always out there

and just because he sampled a few instrumentals doesn't mean u can take away the fact that 2pac success is over-rated... yeah he samples... who doesn't now a days... but sampling is only done within the instrumental and not the lyrics... all hes lyrics have been fresh and always stick out... reason why he has so many good songs...

BLeH
10-08-2006, 08:56 PM
To the dude who made the thread.... Watch Tupac: Resurrection and ask ur questions again... cause serious... your speaking from a very bias opinion. yeah you may be down with that punk rock or whatever it is... but rap ( or Hip Hop for u Putis) is way different and cause your not down with him or the music, doesn't mean u can throw untrue facts in the air. And okhes gottin a bit more famous because hes dead, but at the same time he still has millions upon millions of fans before hes death... he was by far one of the most respect rap/hip hop artists around... because he stuck out... he did the differ... when people was rappin about there ice and what not he spoke about brenda having a baby at 15 years old and being picked on by the police... and police brutality... thats why 2pac is always out there

Ok well no offense but you sound like one of the 15 year old white kids living int he suburbs who thinks Tupac is their hero. Telling people to go watch a documentary or something like that is so cheesy and incidentally i've seen that and its nothing special the same cliche recycled over and over about his "thug life" and overblown music. There have been plenty of other people before tupac and after him that rapped about police brutality, teen pregnancies, racism, and every other issue tupac ever talked about. Also your not mentioning how almost almost half his catalogue is filled with him exploiting women and spewing the same kind of wattered down product that every one of them talks about today.

I don't think tupac was bad but it's so annoying and tacky how so many (mostly white) people grossly overrate him. And you talk about millions and millions of fans before his death, yeah i know he was a relatively famous rapper in his day, but lets face it look at riaa website his sales before his death amount to like 1/5 of what they do now.

and just because he sampled a few instrumentals doesn't mean u can take away the fact that 2pac success is over-rated... yeah he samples... who doesn't now a days... but sampling is only done within the instrumental and not the lyrics... all hes lyrics have been fresh and always stick out... reason why he has so many good songs...

No doubt I agree that about 80% of the music made nowadays lacks the creativity it used to and far and large garbage. Of course Tupac wrote his own lyrics, but some amount of credit needs to be given to the original artist for those songs. After all, most all artist that he sampled from wrote their own lyrics and used original production, something Tupac clearly never mastered. You say "some instrumentals", but you have to realize that had he not sampled those instrumentals that other artist created most if not all of those songs would not be hits, and therefore he wouldn't be Tupac as you know him today.

ParadiseFaust
10-08-2006, 09:12 PM
ya. but his music sucked
In my opinion Tupac contained more talent in his left testicle than there is in your entire bloodline, but that's still only a matter of opinion. If you came here to ask our opinion, then don't argue with us when we give it.

its like **** man stfu already ya so what he died.
So what if Elvis, Lennon, Hendix or Cobain died? I respect them all as much if not more than Tupac , but one could easily argue that Tupac was the "King of Rap"; and you are in no position to discredit rap or hip-hop as a category of music.

millions of people die everyday and no one cares.
Actually, the estimated number is 155,000 a day (http://ask.yahoo.com/20051128.html). These people also didn't touch as many lives as Tupac did, either. Whether you like it or not, his music struck a cord with his audience and for that they can choose cherish his memory as much as they want to.

ecks7
10-09-2006, 06:53 AM
Ok well no offense but you sound like one of the 15 year old white kids living int he suburbs who thinks Tupac is their hero. Telling people to go watch a documentary or something like that is so cheesy and incidentally i've seen that and its nothing special the same cliche recycled over and over about his "thug life" and overblown music. There have been plenty of other people before tupac and after him that rapped about police brutality, teen pregnancies, racism, and every other issue tupac ever talked about. Also your not mentioning how almost almost half his catalogue is filled with him exploiting women and spewing the same kind of wattered down product that every one of them talks about today.

I don't think tupac was bad but it's so annoying and tacky how so many (mostly white) people grossly overrate him. And you talk about millions and millions of fans before his death, yeah i know he was a relatively famous rapper in his day, but lets face it look at riaa website his sales before his death amount to like 1/5 of what they do now.

Im sorry to break it to you..... but i am of african decent and your still looking bias... 1. the only people whos spoke about these topics were Public Enemy and N.W.A. and they didn't speak about all of them Public Enemy was there to better black people and NWA was about the streets and straight up **** The Police... and to say 2pac exploiting women... i can tell u ur wrong on that... he by far has like 5 songs exploiting females BUT if you watched 2pac: resurrection like u said he did u would know that he did 2 perspectives of females, theres the woman and the hoe... he in no way means nothing 2 nobody, like come on he grew up with just hes mom and sister, u really think hes gunna exploit them... and him being overblown music, the only reason u call it that is cause u dont get it... u stick more out to (which ever music u listen 2)... 2 me its rap... i understand the stories he speaks about... i witness a lot of these events first hand... you shouldn't bash on something just because u dont understand it... heck im not a big rock fan and whatever but i still understand the fact that its good music...

ecks7
10-09-2006, 06:54 AM
In my opinion Tupac contained more talent in his left testicle than there is in your entire bloodline, but that's still only a matter of opinion. If you came here to ask our opinion, then don't argue with us when we give it.

So what if Elvis, Lennon, Hendix or Cobain died? I respect them all as much if not more than Tupac , but one could easily argue that Tupac was the "King of Rap"; and you are in no position to discredit rap or hip-hop as a category of music.

Actually, the estimated number is 155,000 a day (http://ask.yahoo.com/20051128.html). These people also didn't touch as many lives as Tupac did, either. Whether you like it or not, his music struck a cord with his audience and for that they can choose cherish his memory as much as they want to.

i couldn't have said that better myself

BLeH
10-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Im sorry to break it to you..... but i am of african decent and your still looking bias... 1. the only people whos spoke about these topics were Public Enemy and N.W.A. and they didn't speak about all of them Public Enemy was there to better black people and NWA was about the streets and straight up **** The Police... and to say 2pac exploiting women... i can tell u ur wrong on that... he by far has like 5 songs exploiting females BUT if you watched 2pac: resurrection like u said he did u would know that he did 2 perspectives of females, theres the woman and the hoe... he in no way means nothing 2 nobody, like come on he grew up with just hes mom and sister, u really think hes gunna exploit them... and him being overblown music, the only reason u call it that is cause u dont get it... u stick more out to (which ever music u listen 2)... 2 me its rap... i understand the stories he speaks about... i witness a lot of these events first hand... you shouldn't bash on something just because u dont understand it... heck im not a big rock fan and whatever but i still understand the fact that its good music...

Well I hate to break it to you but your also still looking very biased. I never said Tupac wasn't good I said some people way overrate him as an artist which is true if your sensible about it and not one of them. Quit talking about tupac:Ressurection because if anything is biased it's surely that doc, it's whole purpose is to make Tupac look like the greatest thing since sliced bread.

And please your sounding more and more white, I don't know if you are black or not I don't care. But don't give me that stupid bull about "oh I understand the streets you don't i been ****ing bangin' and ****", ok i can recognize talent just as well as you can if you can be sensible about it. You have no idea what background I come from and to say something like that that I can't possible understand it is stupid. I never said Tupac was a bad artist, just that he relied alot on other peoples creativity to find his own success.

Mystic Videl
10-09-2006, 09:49 AM
I don't really consider Tupac a rapper. He was more a poet, secret meaning in most his songs... got to love someone who came from nothing and became so much to so many. In my own opinion there shouldn't be this much controversy anymore over him, he is gone. He was a great person, he tried to help the black community in anyway he could. He was a political activist in his own way and most of this discussion is saying the same thing over and over, thus pointless. So ten ****ing years, shut up already and learn to keep your opinions to yourself if you don't like him. Tupac fan for life. I should get the Thug Life tatoo xD.

ecks7
10-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Well I hate to break it to you but your also still looking very biased. I never said Tupac wasn't good I said some people way overrate him as an artist which is true if your sensible about it and not one of them. Quit talking about tupac:Ressurection because if anything is biased it's surely that doc, it's whole purpose is to make Tupac look like the greatest thing since sliced bread.

And please your sounding more and more white, I don't know if you are black or not I don't care. But don't give me that stupid bull about "oh I understand the streets you don't i been ****ing bangin' and ****", ok i can recognize talent just as well as you can if you can be sensible about it. You have no idea what background I come from and to say something like that that I can't possible understand it is stupid. I never said Tupac was a bad artist, just that he relied alot on other peoples creativity to find his own success.

1. i didn't say i did any of that bangin ****... i said i witnessed it...
2. how can u say its biased when the man wrote it himself... and its not like he could lie... they had the video footage to back up the documentary
3. how does that dude rely on others for hes own success... EVERYONE talent is based on someone elses success, Michael Jackson was a hugh fan of James Brown and Bing Cosby, and Michael is label as one of the greatest entertainers of all time.

im not even tryna make the guy sound like the hottest thing ever... but callin him overrated cause everyone loves 2 talk about him is foolish because everyone talks about him for the the success hes had in and outside the business... he opened eyes with hes lyrics un-like most rap artists today... and if it wasn't for him the state of mind of the black man would be WAY different than it is today... like hes stopped people from being in gangs... hes Thug Life code... if he still was alive woulda change many lives... like everything u talk about has been some type of bias opinion and yeah i respect your opinion but atleast know some facts before you speak bad about something...

BLeH
10-09-2006, 02:32 PM
1. i didn't say i did any of that bangin ****... i said i witnessed it...
2. how can u say its biased when the man wrote it himself... and its not like he could lie... they had the video footage to back up the documentary
3. how does that dude rely on others for hes own success... EVERYONE talent is based on someone elses success, Michael Jackson was a hugh fan of James Brown and Bing Cosby, and Michael is label as one of the greatest entertainers of all time.

im not even tryna make the guy sound like the hottest thing ever... but callin him overrated cause everyone loves 2 talk about him is foolish because everyone talks about him for the the success hes had in and outside the business... he opened eyes with hes lyrics un-like most rap artists today... and if it wasn't for him the state of mind of the black man would be WAY different than it is today... like hes stopped people from being in gangs... hes Thug Life code... if he still was alive woulda change many lives... like everything u talk about has been some type of bias opinion and yeah i respect your opinion but atleast know some facts before you speak bad about something...

Let's get this straight, being influenced by a person you admire is one thing. Using another person's work and fitting it in with your own is something completely different. Tupac didnt just do that once or twice or on a "few instrumentals" he did it meticulously over and over, oftenly using other peoples entire chorus to make his song catchy. The reason Michael Jackson is so great is because of his and Quincy Jones originality and talent. If Michael Jackson dug up a bunch of compilations on Thriller do you think people would look at him in the same light?

I'm not saying Tupac had no talent, but without the people he leeched off of where is he today? If Tupac was so great why wasn't he able to do what MJ and all the people he copied did?

What do you mean how can I say it's biased? How can you say it's not? Footage of what? You don't know what editing or taking things out of context is? So following your reasoning no documentary can be biased as long as it has footage to prove a point?

Biased doesn't mean untrue, it means only showing one side of the argument which is entirely possible no matter how much proof or footage of something they have.

magikmonky
10-09-2006, 02:52 PM
tupacs gay

ecks7
10-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Let's get this straight, being influenced by a person you admire is one thing. Using another person's work and fitting it in with your own is something completely different. Tupac didnt just do that once or twice or on a "few instrumentals" he did it meticulously over and over, oftenly using other peoples entire chorus to make his song catchy. The reason Michael Jackson is so great is because of his and Quincy Jones originality and talent. If Michael Jackson dug up a bunch of compilations on Thriller do you think people would look at him in the same light?

I'm not saying Tupac had no talent, but without the people he leeched off of where is he today? If Tupac was so great why wasn't he able to do what MJ and all the people he copied did?

What do you mean how can I say it's biased? How can you say it's not? Footage of what? You don't know what editing or taking things out of context is? So following your reasoning no documentary can be biased as long as it has footage to prove a point?

Biased doesn't mean untrue, it means only showing one side of the argument which is entirely possible no matter how much proof or footage of something they have.

ok so give me an example of work he leeched off?

and how can you place blame on the editing team by calling what they've shown a lie, and why are the gunna bend the truth when everyone who knows a loves pac knows the truth... when they see footage of an interview they'll say "hey yeah i remember that i watched the whole thing"... your just tryna come up with stupid reason 2 make this guy seem stupid... none of the footage could show no bias opinions... they showed 2pac in the hood giving charity concert, now is this suppose 2 be some camera trick or something...

BLeH
10-09-2006, 05:11 PM
ok so give me an example of work he leeched off?

and how can you place blame on the editing team by calling what they've shown a lie, and why are the gunna bend the truth when everyone who knows a loves pac knows the truth... when they see footage of an interview they'll say "hey yeah i remember that i watched the whole thing"... your just tryna come up with stupid reason 2 make this guy seem stupid... none of the footage could show no bias opinions... they showed 2pac in the hood giving charity concert, now is this suppose 2 be some camera trick or something...

Heres just a short list of the songs he sampled and ripped off of for his work:

Zapp - "Be Alright"
Five Stairsteps - "Ooh Child"
Quincy Jones - "Body Heat"
Debarge - "A Dream"
Cameo - "Candy"
Joe Sample - "In All My Wildest Dreams"
Dennis Edwards - "Don't Look Any Further"
Joe Cocker - "Woman To Woman"
Ronnie Hudson - "West Coast Poplock"
Roger Troutman - "So Ruff So Tuff"
Bruce Hornsby - "The Way It Is"
Strafe - "Sety It Off"
Herbie Hancock - "Fat Mama"
Linda Clifford - "Never Gonna Stop"
The Bar Keys - "Holy Ghost"
The JBS - "The Spank"
Zapp - "Computer Love"
Sly & The Family Stone - "Sing A Simple Song"
Minnie Ripperton - "Inside My Love"
Stevie Wonder - "That Girl"
The O Jays - "Brandy"
Funkadelic - "Get Off Your Ass & Jam"
Peoples Choice - "Do It Anyway You Wanna"
Zapp - "I Can Make You Dance"
The Sign - "The Ladder"
Zapp - "Dance Floor"
Kool & The Gang - "Winter Sadness"
The O Jays - "Cry Together"

I never said Tupac is stupid and I don't believe he is. I said i think the people who practically worship him are.

Secondly, about the documentary thats a very naive thing to say. You don't understand the difference between a lie and a bias? Yeah ok the doc shows him giving things to charity. I read that Timothy McVeigh did alot of community service as well, so if someone was to make a documentary of how great a guy he was and show him doing the same type of things Tupac did does that make him a role model?

ecks7
10-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Heres just a short list of the songs he sampled and ripped off of for his work:

Zapp - "Be Alright"
Five Stairsteps - "Ooh Child"
Quincy Jones - "Body Heat"
Debarge - "A Dream"
Cameo - "Candy"
Joe Sample - "In All My Wildest Dreams"
Dennis Edwards - "Don't Look Any Further"
Joe Cocker - "Woman To Woman"
Ronnie Hudson - "West Coast Poplock"
Roger Troutman - "So Ruff So Tuff"
Bruce Hornsby - "The Way It Is"
Strafe - "Sety It Off"
Herbie Hancock - "Fat Mama"
Linda Clifford - "Never Gonna Stop"
The Bar Keys - "Holy Ghost"
The JBS - "The Spank"
Zapp - "Computer Love"
Sly & The Family Stone - "Sing A Simple Song"
Minnie Ripperton - "Inside My Love"
Stevie Wonder - "That Girl"
The O Jays - "Brandy"
Funkadelic - "Get Off Your Ass & Jam"
Peoples Choice - "Do It Anyway You Wanna"
Zapp - "I Can Make You Dance"
The Sign - "The Ladder"
Zapp - "Dance Floor"
Kool & The Gang - "Winter Sadness"
The O Jays - "Cry Together"

I never said Tupac is stupid and I don't believe he is. I said i think the people who practically worship him are.

Secondly, about the documentary thats a very naive thing to say. You don't understand the difference between a lie and a bias? Yeah ok the doc shows him giving things to charity. I read that Timothy McVeigh did alot of community service as well, so if someone was to make a documentary of how great a guy he was and show him doing the same type of things Tupac did does that make him a role model?

thank you for giving me a list of samples for instrumentals... except yeah Computer Love's hook is on 2pac's Temptation one u can still count as part of the instrumental... atleast show me where hes used lyrical leechin... cause u cant blame tupac for leechin on instrumentals... blame the producers...

and to your second statement... you just starting to sound like your tryna make a point out of nothing... like what is so hard to realize that Tupac [to some people] was greatest thing since sliced bread... because hes done so much in hes short career that nobody would even try 2 repeat... how can u call people stupid because the man has helped people get through their struggles, made them realize that with all the bull**** good things can come... why is it so hard?

BLeH
10-10-2006, 10:47 PM
thank you for giving me a list of samples for instrumentals... except yeah Computer Love's hook is on 2pac's Temptation one u can still count as part of the instrumental... atleast show me where hes used lyrical leechin... cause u cant blame tupac for leechin on instrumentals... blame the producers...

and to your second statement... you just starting to sound like your tryna make a point out of nothing... like what is so hard to realize that Tupac [to some people] was greatest thing since sliced bread... because hes done so much in hes short career that nobody would even try 2 repeat... how can u call people stupid because the man has helped people get through their struggles, made them realize that with all the bull**** good things can come... why is it so hard?

How can you not blame Tupac for sampling give me a break, it's his music hes a grown man and a millionaire and ultimately in charge and if hes not it's his own fault nobody elses. If Tupac signs a contract letting other people do whatever the **** they want to his music it shows how much he cares is that a producers fault? Do you know that alot of rappers atually produce all their own music? Something tupac obviously couldn't do if his life depended on it. Don't try to turn it around saying it's not pacs fault all his music isnt his own. Tupac is an adult if he can't take charge to bad.

How is it so hard to understand everything your saying is objective I mean he helped who? "nobody would even try 2 repeat" ... I know plenty of humanitarians way more giving than Tupac your act as if he's a God that noone can touch. You could say that about anybody. Why is that so hard? So if your living out in Compton and you can't pay your bills ya just put on a pac CD and that solves it? As long as you realize the vast majority of Tupac fanboys that think of him in that way and are still buying his records are suburban white males.

ecks7
10-11-2006, 02:54 PM
How can you not blame Tupac for sampling give me a break, it's his music hes a grown man and a millionaire and ultimately in charge and if hes not it's his own fault nobody elses. If Tupac signs a contract letting other people do whatever the **** they want to his music it shows how much he cares is that a producers fault? Do you know that alot of rappers atually produce all their own music? Something tupac obviously couldn't do if his life depended on it. Don't try to turn it around saying it's not pacs fault all his music isnt his own. Tupac is an adult if he can't take charge to bad.

How is it so hard to understand everything your saying is objective I mean he helped who? "nobody would even try 2 repeat" ... I know plenty of humanitarians way more giving than Tupac your act as if he's a God that noone can touch. You could say that about anybody. Why is that so hard? So if your living out in Compton and you can't pay your bills ya just put on a pac CD and that solves it? As long as you realize the vast majority of Tupac fanboys that think of him in that way and are still buying his records are suburban white males.

See there serious no reason 2 continue this arguement... you seem not to understand the fact people have respect him because you seem to make all hes work was for nothing... but to a lot of people it was something... maybe social status, maybe its your p.o.v. but you just will never understand thats all... only if you were someone who'd understood the situation or lifestyle that was [and still is] going within the black community... so ill quit posting because there no changing your thoughts to the situation...

BLeH
10-11-2006, 09:01 PM
See there serious no reason 2 continue this arguement... you seem not to understand the fact people have respect him because you seem to make all hes work was for nothing... but to a lot of people it was something... maybe social status, maybe its your p.o.v. but you just will never understand thats all... only if you were someone who'd understood the situation or lifestyle that was [and still is] going within the black community... so ill quit posting because there no changing your thoughts to the situation...

Yes ill quit posting too i do understand why people respect him i never said he worked for nothing your putting words in my mouth. Now if only you understood how your being condescending... if only you understood my social status maybe it's just your p.o.v. and that there are people far greater and giving than some millionaire rapper...oh well

jordanv78
10-12-2006, 06:39 AM
ok can someone explain this to me. i cant understand why everyone is so obsessed with Tupac. no one liked his music until he died. and then a few years after he died they tried to say he came back to life? wtf mate?

Uhh, he was one of the most popular and influental musicians of his time, that is why it was such a big deal when he died.
I am not one of those people that think he is still alive...and the music that has been released since then in my opinion is horrible. There is a reason why he never released those tracks when he was alive people!!!LOL:eek7:

ParadiseFaust
10-12-2006, 08:00 AM
"It’s pretty much impossible to clear samples now [in 2005]. We had to stay away from samples as much as possible. The ones that we did use were just absolutely integral to the feeling or rhythm of the song. But, back [on Odelay] it was basically me writing chord changes and melodies and stuff, and then endless records being scratched and little sounds coming off the turntable. Now it’s prohibitively difficult and expensive to justify your one weird little horn blare that happens for half of a second one time in a song and makes you give away 70 percent of the song and $50,000. That’s where sampling has gone, and that’s why hip-hop sounds the way it does now." —Beck

There is nothing wrong with using a sample for the chorus or to enhance the song. It's like using a famous quote in an essay. Even the Beatles and the Rolling Stones have used samples. You are obviously blinded by your hatred of Tupac just because of his genre.

putis
10-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Nice quote, and a good point. His (Beck) newest album just came out if you didn't know, 'The Information.'

bat
10-12-2006, 05:07 PM
All this talk of famous artists who passed away young and no mention of Richie Valens? Surprising.

And I have no opinion on the Tupac issue, i just wanted to say how funny that Dave Chapelle skit was where he was talking about how we STILL to this day hear "new" Tupac releases on the radio. And in the skit, "tupac" was rapping about what he saw, but it was the DJ doing Tupacs voice or something, i forgot.