PDA

View Full Version : Game fullscreen exiting problem

howardmeis
10-08-2006, 10:44 AM
When I close a game that's running full screen from the game (such as oblivion, SC, WC3, FEAR), my screen either goes black except the mouse, or displays what I shuold be seeing, but it's just an image. To get this to go away I have to open outlook wiht my keyboard (buttons on top) and then close it. This gets rid of the "fake" desktop on one screen, then I have to open task manager and move it around my screen to get the rest of the fake off. I have the latest drivers for my card. Has anyone else ever had to deal with this? How do I fix it? Thanks.

Christ, I've been needing too much tech support lately...

howardmeis
10-08-2006, 11:31 AM
If I try to click on the "fake" desktop nothing happens.

//a\\//a\\//r\\//t\\
10-08-2006, 11:37 AM
sounds like you have yourself a small virus. that used to happen to me alot on my old computer. it was an XP and it still happened.. until it crashed.

howardmeis
10-08-2006, 11:42 AM
I have no viruses. I can identify each of my running processes, and I recently ran scans.

//a\\//a\\//r\\//t\\
10-08-2006, 11:49 AM
k sweet.

Mystic Videl
10-08-2006, 12:22 PM
sounds like you have yourself a small virus. that used to happen to me alot on my old computer. it was an XP and it still happened.. until it crashed. I hope this was a joke. Howard this is a pretty average error, the game wasn't meant to be minimized in the middle of play so it leaves a mirroring of the application on the desktop. I doubt there is any real way to fix it permanently, not that it should be that annoying :-P.

//a\\//a\\//r\\//t\\
10-08-2006, 12:36 PM
I hope this was a joke. Howard this is a pretty average error, the game wasn't meant to be minimized in the middle of play so it leaves a mirroring of the application on the desktop. I doubt there is any real way to fix it permanently, not that it should be that annoying :-P.

why yes it was vid. i like to make people laugh.

howardmeis
10-08-2006, 12:46 PM
I hope this was a joke. Howard this is a pretty average error, the game wasn't meant to be minimized in the middle of play so it leaves a mirroring of the application on the desktop. I doubt there is any real way to fix it permanently, not that it should be that annoying :-P.

No it hapens when I exit the game, minimizing is just fine. But if I minimize and close, same thing happens.

Megaz
10-08-2006, 12:54 PM
Happens to me sometimes, but hasn't happened in a while. I put my comp in standby and then brought it back and it would go back. It is quite annoying though.

Mystic Videl
10-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Eh, it is probaly just a normal glitch. Especially with older games.

llafnwod
10-08-2006, 01:20 PM
why yes it was vid. i like to make people laugh.You make no one laugh, though you are certainly about to serve for my entertainment. Five days MP.

Otaku
10-08-2006, 01:29 PM
I was wondering how long it would take for him to get on Mod Preview or posting disabled...

howardmeis
10-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Eh, it is probaly just a normal glitch. Especially with older games.

Happens with Oblivion, FEAR, and everything else.

Mystic Videl
10-09-2006, 10:07 AM
Erm, I'm giong to say there is no real way to help with this issue. This is something that has happened forever with Windows based operating systems. Just a problem with having a fully graphical operating system =\. Sorry I couldn't help you.

Mystic Videl
10-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Aka... This is what he alredy has done. Updating drivers wont do anything. Go welcome newcomers.

Ganondorf
10-09-2006, 01:57 PM
I'm not sure if the problem is exactly the same, but I have something like it sometimes.

What I do is use the Windows+L key combination which quickly logs you off (Switch User) and then I just log back on. It's fast and it fixes it.

howardmeis
10-09-2006, 02:41 PM
I just open outlook and move it around.

And Akazukin, you're a tard. Seriously, you know nothing, never try and help someone with technology. You once said you formated RAM for a company.

I suppose I'll just be stuck doing outlook junk. >.<