PDA

View Full Version : help with saved game

thol2
12-09-2004, 01:31 PM
Hey guys i got my level 29 barbarian. I dled a character editor used it to boost him just a bit so i could use some things and now when i try to use my character it says Unable to enter game, Generic file. Is there any way to fix this. i hope there is.

Thanks

Thol2

Fallen
12-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Hey guys i got my level 29 barbarian. I dled a character editor used it to boost him just a bit so i could use some things and now when i try to use my character it says Unable to enter game, Generic file. Is there any way to fix this. i hope there is.

Thanks

Thol2 Wait. You edited your barbarian and now you cant play with him? Well on the first place why would you play single player?

test-acc
12-09-2004, 02:15 PM
Fallen, you can edit your char and play with them on Open Battle.net =P

thol2
12-09-2004, 02:18 PM
I like to play single player big deal. I have a couple of friends who come over and we get a diablo game going.

Fallen
12-09-2004, 02:19 PM
Fallen, you can edit your char and play with them on Open Battle.net =P Really? When i was playing diablo 2 people said it oculdnt me done.

llafnwod
12-09-2004, 03:21 PM
Really? When i was playing diablo 2 people said it oculdnt me done. That's why non-hackers no longer play on Open Battle.net, they play on Closed, where the files don't actually reside on your computer.

thol2
12-09-2004, 03:55 PM
so back on subject?

test-acc
12-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Make a new char.

thol2
12-09-2004, 04:28 PM
i would but heres the thing. I have really good armor and a really good dagger. yea sounds like nothing but its really cool shit. Theres gotta be something i could do.

llafnwod
12-09-2004, 04:34 PM
i would but heres the thing. I have really good armor and a really good dagger. yea sounds like nothing but its really cool shit. Theres gotta be something i could do. Why do you need them? Use hacked items.

thol2
12-09-2004, 04:42 PM
because i found them and they are good for my level. I also like to play on my lan. Why you guys gotta ask questions about why i play single player. Because i want to and if you cant help then dont post because your not helping

Dark_
12-09-2004, 06:40 PM
You probably did something "bad" with your weapons or armor. Btw what character editor did you use Hero Editor?

Heres a website that might help you www.ladderhall.com

Dr. Silence
12-09-2004, 06:51 PM
Geez.... I got some hacked charecters.. basically unstoppable on open b.net.. If you have msn add me and i could give them to you...

Fish Beans
12-10-2004, 06:43 AM
Level 29? Big loss, I can get to level 70 on closed B.Net in under a week. I've got a level 95 fire mf sorc, a level 93 blizz sorc (16k Blizzard damage), a level 79 summoning necro and a 65ish (can't remember the exact level) concentrate barb. Took me about 3 months to do all that, playing a few hours a day.

Dark_
12-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Well 29 is nothing on Closed Bnet but he hacked his character. He can kill you with his fists. Doing even 100k of damage is nothing if you really can hacked the character items until its life is at 8mil something since thats the highest in this patch before the life rerolls (Like you at 8mil and thats the max he goes 1 more point over it his life will be at 1).

Fish Beans
12-10-2004, 03:02 PM
It rolls over into the negatives actually, there used to be a bug that allowed you to get 8 million life in closed. Also, I'm not saying my characters were better than his, I'm saying he's lost nothing of value. The time he spends trying to rectify his mistake would be better spent just starting over.

Dark_
12-10-2004, 04:23 PM
Used too? Believe you still can with the help of the Ith Jewels.

test-acc
12-10-2004, 04:32 PM
Not on closed.

r00tb33r
12-11-2004, 05:33 PM
lolz what iz all dis shit about closed an open bnet? i mean wtf is taht shit

llafnwod
12-11-2004, 06:28 PM
because i found them and they are good for my level. I also like to play on my lan. Why you guys gotta ask questions about why i play single player. Because i want to and if you cant help then dont post because your not helping You have a hacked character, and you have level problems? You didn't make it yourself, did you?

Dr. Silence
12-12-2004, 07:09 PM
My javazon on closed cant be stopped... it walks like a piece of shit and it cant even run but one hit and your finished.

tymoney321
12-13-2004, 01:54 AM
I probably can beat u

Dr. Silence
12-13-2004, 02:21 AM
I probably can beat u

If you did, that would make you the first.

Fish Beans
12-13-2004, 01:04 PM
No single class can beat anything. My Blizz sorc rapes the shit out of any melee class. It's tons of fun when some idiot WW barb tries to fight me. Barb uses WW, I teleport out of the way, cast Blizzard in his path....dead barb. Unless you've got some insane cold resist, it's pretty much impossible to survive my blizzard. Maxed Ice Mastery, maxed synergies, half a dozen perfect facets, perfect nightwing, perfect death's fathom.

ParadiseFaust
12-13-2004, 01:08 PM
Cold sorcs are amazing, I have one too :D

Dr. Silence
12-13-2004, 05:53 PM
No single class can beat anything. My Blizz sorc rapes the shit out of any melee class. It's tons of fun when some idiot WW barb tries to fight me. Barb uses WW, I teleport out of the way, cast Blizzard in his path....dead barb. Unless you've got some insane cold resist, it's pretty much impossible to survive my blizzard. Maxed Ice Mastery, maxed synergies, half a dozen perfect facets, perfect nightwing, perfect death's fathom.

All my items are faked, highlight any items and the whole screen fills with stats. Lovely.

Fish Beans
12-13-2004, 05:55 PM
All mine are real, I only play on closed B.Net. Well, I don't play at all any more. I got bored after about 3 months. Getting to level 90 in under two weeks is just stupid.

Titan
12-13-2004, 07:12 PM
All mine are real, I only play on closed B.Net. Well, I don't play at all any more. I got bored after about 3 months. Getting to level 90 in under two weeks is just stupid.
I couldn't agree more. It takes me like 1 day of straight playing to get to lvl 75... mostly just baal run after baal run. After you have 7+ characters at 75+ you tend to get bored of it. ;)

llafnwod
12-13-2004, 07:15 PM
I couldn't agree more. It takes me like 1 day of straight playing to get to lvl 75... mostly just baal run after baal run. After you have 7+ characters at 75+ you tend to get bored of it. ;) Agreed. Closed gets extremely boring, hacker duels are extremely fun.

Dr. Silence
12-13-2004, 07:50 PM
Ive never had a account for more then 2 months, ussually stolen ect.

Fish Beans
12-14-2004, 09:56 AM
I couldn't agree more. It takes me like 1 day of straight playing to get to lvl 75... mostly just baal run after baal run. After you have 7+ characters at 75+ you tend to get bored of it. ;)
Well, it used to be possible, but after the patch before the last one exp got nerfed a bit. Now it takes at least 3 days of moderate playing to get to 75. Took me a bit under two weeks to get my cold sorc to 90, then I just stopped caring. After raping the shit out of some level 90ish barbs and pallys, I just lost interest. I could beat any melee class, but no ranged class unless I was damn lucky. Seeing idiots think I was cheating after killing them with a single shard was still funny though. Most didn't realize what my facets and cold mastery did.

ParadiseFaust
12-14-2004, 09:59 AM
I dunno what it is with diablo 2, but one day I just got completely bored of it,and I stopped playing since,with no urges to go back. Explain this. :D

Fish Beans
12-14-2004, 11:33 AM
It's not that good of a game. It's far too easy to attain incredibly high levels. The first time I'd touched the game I had a level 80 fire sorc in two weeks. There just isn't any challenge in it. It's also not really that community oriented, there's nothing more to the game than combat. The reason MMORPGs are able to keep interest so long is because you have to work for everything, and interact with others in order to do so. My summoning necro went all the way to level 70 before ever joining a game with another player. In FF XI, you're not going to make it far past level 15 or so without grouping up.

Iscariot
12-14-2004, 12:22 PM
Closed hardcore characters are fun till like level 95 because theres always the constant threat of dieing and losing it all

ParadiseFaust
12-14-2004, 12:55 PM
Hardcore = Hours of hard work, turn around one second, baal kills you. Congratulations, there goes your character down the shit drain.

Fish Beans
12-14-2004, 04:26 PM
I despise high level hardcore players. They sit in channels and brag about how high their level is like it actually means anything to anyone but themselves.

ParadiseFaust
12-14-2004, 04:36 PM
All races can easily be godly,except paladins. I HATE paladins, dont ask why.

llafnwod
12-14-2004, 04:42 PM
All races can easily be godly,except paladins. I HATE paladins, dont ask why. Hey, Blessed Hammer is awesome.

Fish Beans
12-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Too busy with other stuff (FF XI).

Dr. Silence
12-14-2004, 05:21 PM
Oh yea, new ladder season comes in, im making a killer hc pala, sweet :wub:

ParadiseFaust
12-14-2004, 05:23 PM
I hate that ladder seasons change, and silence, I didnt figure you as the paladin type. Im gonna try to make a bowazon. Paladins. :no: -_-

Dr. Silence
12-14-2004, 05:24 PM
I hate that ladder seasons change, and silence, I didnt figure you as the paladin type. Im gonna try to make a bowazon. Paladins. :no: -_-

My favourite charecter to make in hc is a good old mf sorc, unstoppable.

ParadiseFaust
12-14-2004, 05:26 PM
Thank you, silence. You just redeemed yourself.

ParadiseFaust
12-14-2004, 05:36 PM
OMG, keenan...I think your posting pally's to piss me off. How about some tank charas?

ParadiseFaust
12-14-2004, 05:47 PM
Ok, So you've made alot of sorcs, try a necro here, a druid there. ANYTHING but a pally.

Dr. Silence
12-14-2004, 05:59 PM
BSage?

We're going to make a "list" of all the poor bastards we bs :)

I'm thinking about a FoH pally or a Hammerdin :)

Oh hammer pally cant be stoppped :wub:

ParadiseFaust
12-14-2004, 06:00 PM
Ok, fuck necro's. Try....assassins.

Dr. Silence
12-14-2004, 06:04 PM
Ok, fuck necro's. Try....assassins.

The only way they get kills is town gaurding with their lighting dicks, fucking cheapo's.

ParadiseFaust
12-14-2004, 06:12 PM
Cheapo's, maybe. But they're not paladins and thats what counts. Try making a barb.

Dr. Silence
12-14-2004, 06:14 PM
Cheapo's, maybe. But they're not paladins and thats what counts. Try making a barb.

Barbs aint to great after the new patch, ww is pretty much weak as chicken.

ParadiseFaust
12-14-2004, 06:16 PM
Then make a fucking Amazon, this isnt even about you silence... -_-

Dr. Silence
12-14-2004, 06:22 PM
Then make a fucking Amazon, this isnt even about you silence... -_-

Amazons are either good to lvl with because of the ultimate group killing machine that is fury, then its good old guided arrow with windforce.. still crap.

Dark_
12-14-2004, 07:36 PM
Whats wrong with a paladin. Blessed Hammer that thing is insane you do it right always 1 hit kill or so I think and its pretty much the best move in pvm because only two things are are actually immune to it. Also Fist of Heaven extremely annoying attack in pvp. Its nice to watch people curse at you telling what a cheap a** you are. But the bad thing about Paladins you have to have good items if you not gonna go melee. Enigma and HOTO took me forever to get..

Dr. Silence
12-14-2004, 09:17 PM
Whats wrong with a paladin. Blessed Hammer that thing is insane you do it right always 1 hit kill or so I think and its pretty much the best move in pvm because only two things are are actually immune to it. Also Fist of Heaven extremely annoying attack in pvp. Its nice to watch people curse at you telling what a cheap a** you are. But the bad thing about Paladins you have to have good items if you not gonna go melee. Enigma and HOTO took me forever to get..

Dont do bashing with pala, just go FOTH, so strong and so cheap to have ;)

test-acc
12-15-2004, 06:30 AM
The best PK char is a Bone necro! But they can sometimes be expensive, so a very cheap alternative is a trap assa (loads of damage with hardly any gear).

Par[A]doX
12-15-2004, 06:57 AM
I hate bone necros for the simple fact that all you do is tele around, wall someone in and then spear them, or shoot homing spirits at them.. I hate most people that use them and think they are the fastest casters out there when in reality they can only obtain a 9 frame fcr, they do however need a pretty low amount of fcr to reach that amount, it's only 125, paladins are the exact same, but the only characters who can obtain a faster cast then that are the barbarian and sorceress, they can get 7 frames, although I don't know if that is actually possible.. Well for a barbarian it is, I don't know about a sorc. My all time favorite character has to be a wind druid. I love my ladder one, he has shit for gear and he still owns alot of people. He dosen't even have an enigma, I have a Jah, or a Ber I forget, and the middle rune, Ith or Eth, and the armor, byt I need the other rune, stupid rune... I am pretty poor now because most of my characters expired because I never play anymore. I think the funniest character to have is a barbarian with 200 fcr and an enigma because you teleport so fast it just looks cool..

Fish Beans
12-15-2004, 07:13 AM
The most annoying character I ever made was my necro. Skeletons + Enigma == swift death. Sure, they don't hit hard, but when I've got tons and tons of them, once I teleport on top of you, it's pretty much all over. Anything with area effect pretty much raped it though, taking out 7 and 8 skeletons at a time sucked.

test-acc
12-15-2004, 07:13 AM
Dude, I was talking about PK chars. There supposed to be "lame and cheap".

Dr. Silence
12-15-2004, 02:21 PM
My best pk character was my flaming sorc..... ahh so many complaints in the pk rooms ;)

test-acc
12-15-2004, 02:37 PM
LOL? A fire sorc PKer? You must have been pking level 10 newbs. Fire sorc sucks against high resists (which most people have in hardcore)

Dr. Silence
12-15-2004, 02:40 PM
LOL? A fire sorc PKer? You must have been pking level 10 newbs. Fire sorc sucks against high resists (which most people have in hardcore)

I was talking about normal pk's, in hc its pala all the way.

test-acc
12-15-2004, 02:49 PM
What the hell are normal PKs? :P And me and keenan are gonna gank peeps with bone prison and FoH! Not much you can do about that unless they have tele.

Par[A]doX
12-15-2004, 02:52 PM
Normal pk's are pk'ing people in not-hardcore.. Also if they have tele you can always name-lock them, or at least try to, that is always fun in PvP. It makes people cry and say, "Omg YOu AA u luzer!!11111111one one!11!two"

Dr. Silence
12-15-2004, 02:53 PM
What the hell are normal PKs? :P And me and keenan are gonna gank peeps with bone prison and FoH! Not much you can do about that unless they have tele.

Normal=non hc

Fish Beans
12-17-2004, 03:54 PM
My best pk character was my flaming sorc..... ahh so many complaints in the pk rooms ;)
Fire sorcs are ridiculously bad in any PVP environment. They do huge damage, but you're never going to hit anyone. With high resists, even if you do manage to land a meteor, it's only going to do a few hundred damage. To PK, you need to either be able to beat resists (Bone Spirit/Cold Mastery), or be able to hit very often.

Ghost-Flight
12-20-2004, 02:14 PM
a Hamerdin with the runes that able u to tele owns all its one of the best PvP i know of!

Fish Beans
12-20-2004, 03:16 PM
Seeing as you don't even know what Enigma is, I'd guess that you don't really know much.