PDA

View Full Version : Downloading off of Limewire

lpxxfaintxx
10-01-2006, 05:44 AM
When you download a song off of limewire, the Album Art does not come with it, right? Or do they?

Is there any program that automatically assigns Album Art captured from the internet to the song?

disco
10-01-2006, 05:51 AM
When you download a song off of limewire, the Album Art does not come with it, right? Or do they?

Is there any program that automatically assigns Album Art captured from the internet to the song?

Sometimes and I don't know.

Dj uCw
10-01-2006, 06:46 AM
Some times they do come.
download lots of songs on one folder then when looking at the folder set it to thumbnails and you can see an album cover.

ParadiseFaust
10-01-2006, 07:09 AM
What I do is download the entire album with torrents, then go to http://www.cd-covers.com/ and find the cover.

lpxxfaintxx
10-01-2006, 04:46 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Yea, seems like most of the albums I downloaded via torrents have Album Art, and most that I downloaded off of Limewire doesnt.

PitchBlack
10-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Use ITUNES and you can get the album artwork right away. Make sure you got the label right for the song, then right click the song and click "Get Album Artwork". This works in the latest version of itunes: www.apple.com/itunes
PS there is a bugfix for itunes 7 and it works fine.

vorpal
10-07-2006, 11:36 AM
Use Windows Media Player 11 beta. It has an album art search tool.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/download.aspx

lpxxfaintxx
10-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Is there any plugin for winamp?

howardmeis
10-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Most the time when I get CDs off torrents it includes album art. Only like once or twice has it not.

With winamp have it open Media Library, it includes a web page on there that displays everything.
Also Toaster can show you the stuff too.

PitchBlack
10-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Use Windows Media Player 11 beta. It has an album art search tool.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/download.aspx

Your better off with a non-microsoft non-beta piece of software, itunes has everything built-in. You dont need any stupid codec's or plugin's for anything, everything just works.

Evil_Himmler
10-07-2006, 04:14 PM
limewire is ok for downloading music but ive found soulseek works best for music downloading.

ParadiseFaust
10-07-2006, 08:26 PM
You're better off with a non-Microsoft non-beta piece of software; iTunes has everything built in. You don't need any stupid codecs or plugins for anything; everything just works.
Torrents work just fine without the fine. Don't be an overzealous fanboy.

PitchBlack
10-08-2006, 01:23 AM
Torrents work just fine without the fine. Don't be an overzealous fanboy.

Your right, torrents work. I use both limewire pro with www.torrentscan.com to download my music. Most of the ID3 tags in the torrents are pretty organized and itunes finds the album artwork right away, if not then you can always right click and click "Get Album Artwork". OR, if we do it your way....you can download your music off of limewire with torrent sites, drag the songs into windows media player....realize you need some "plugin" or w/e to get album artwork...then go to the microsoft website...look around for this file barried in all their other files...go back to google...search for the file...you find it...download it...install it...now you need to restart...this takes 2 mins...AND SO ON!!!!!!!!!. I prefer my way, thank you. I'm not only a fan of iTunes, but I'm a fan of doing things the easy way.