PDA

View Full Version : POST Screen tests in K!!!

Loser777
09-26-2006, 04:00 PM
On my new computer, the memory test screen is in Kilobytes, while on my other comp it is in megabytes... How do I change this- because it is a hassle to wait until 1,000,000 K. (Skipping memory test will mess up my comp while playing games).

SC_Modder
09-26-2006, 04:08 PM
Most modern machines (IE those that came with WinXP) should be able to skip the test without any problems, but besides that there isn't anything you can do from what I know.

Loser777
09-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Most modern machines (IE those that came with WinXP) should be able to skip the test without any problems, but besides that there isn't anything you can do from what I know.
Well I have skipped it before, and sometimes when I play a game even with good RAM it ****s up... I used to have post screen disabled and RAM test disabled but no problems there... I want the POST screen though. I'll go to BIOS again and see.

BloodyBlade
09-26-2006, 06:19 PM
You can disable it in the BIOS. SC_Modder has no idea what he is talking about.

SC_Modder
09-26-2006, 06:30 PM
I was getting the idea that what he wanted was for his computer to count up his memory in MB or something. Completely disabling the test can be done of course, but what he wanted couldn't.