PDA

View Full Version : Garage Band help needed :(

disco
09-16-2006, 08:21 PM
Any fellow mac-ateers know how to seperate a the singing from the music in a song using garage band? Or if it's not doable with garage band, any programs that could? TY <3

kds
09-17-2006, 06:23 PM
are you talking just any song in general? like taking a dr. dre song and splitting the music (if you can even call it that) apart from the singing (if you can even call it that)? if so, I'm pretty sure that's impossible. Now if you're talking about a song recorded with garage band, I'm goign to stfu right now because i've never used the program.

SatansMessiah
09-17-2006, 06:45 PM
You can't cut out sounds totally, but you manipulate the bal to where you can focus in on certain sounds.

disco
09-17-2006, 07:22 PM
You can't cut out sounds totally, but you manipulate the bal to where you can focus in on certain sounds.

Yeah that's what I'm trying to do. I know I can't cut songs totally but I do know that you can fade out things like vocals and music.

phantoma
09-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Yep for that you have to go to the equalizer and start messing around with that. You can't split the tracks from an mp3, however there are alternatives if you want to get the beat.

Can you plz explain what are you trying to recover?