PDA

View Full Version : patching maphack

NoFinalTruth
12-04-2004, 03:55 AM
What does Blizzard do when they patch a current maphack? Do they just change some stuff around so that the current maphack doesn't work or do they actually do something to make maphacking harder?

test-acc
12-04-2004, 03:57 AM
I think they just change the address's.

Titan
12-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Most of the stuff stays the same, you just have to convert it to the new offsets. There are a few things that need to be slightly recoded.

Fish Beans
12-04-2004, 12:53 PM
It's rare that they actually make it where the previous method doesn't work at all any more.

llafnwod
12-04-2004, 01:10 PM
There are a few things that need to be slightly recoded. Multiple methods? Well I'm fucked. I'll just slink back to my no fog of war hack...

NoFinalTruth
12-04-2004, 01:31 PM
I was thinking if they just change the addresses every day or every other day that maphacks would be pointless because they would be outdated too quickly. I guess that will never happen and there's prolly a way around it anyway.

llafnwod
12-04-2004, 01:40 PM
I was thinking if they just change the addresses every day or every other day that maphacks would be pointless because they would be outdated too quickly. I guess that will never happen and there's prolly a way around it anyway. They don't change very other day, only when a new patch comes out, which takes months.

NoFinalTruth
12-04-2004, 02:15 PM
I'm saying if they released a new patch every day it would make maphacking harder. There would be bandwidth restrictions probably plus Blizzard is too lazy.