PDA

View Full Version : Moderation help: SC

darksephiroth
09-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the proper forum to ask for this sort of help, but here's the scoop.

My Channel: OP ClanFF (USWEST), is getting constantly spammed. Some kind of spambot is constantly coming in with a different # at the end, somehow kicks my bot offline, and crazy spams the channel. I've tried IPbanning, but it runs through proxies, so their IP's are changing.

I run on Myriad Bot, anyone have suggestions on how to stop spambots?

putis
09-02-2006, 02:16 PM
'Ip ban' is just a combination of ****list and squelch, and squelches reset each time the bot disconnects/reconnects to battle.net.
I'm not familiar with Myriad bot, you should switch to Stealthbot.
Is the name of the spambot the same, but with a different # each time?

Ganondorf
09-02-2006, 02:57 PM
'Ip ban' is just a combination of ****list and squelch, and squelches reset each time the bot disconnects/reconnects to battle.net.
I'm not familiar with Myriad bot, you should switch to Stealthbot.
Is the name of the spambot the same, but with a different # each time?

Even if he did do a ban with a wildcard, the spambot should be coming in and out quicker than StealthBot can ban it.

Sinz
09-02-2006, 03:00 PM
foolz opz and turnon the spam ban and flood protection

putis
09-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Even if he did do a ban with a wildcard, the spambot should be coming in and out quicker than StealthBot can ban it.

Perhaps. Channel protection should do it.

foolz opz and turnon the spam ban and flood protection

Stealthbot is better.

Sinz
09-02-2006, 03:09 PM
meh i just use foolz cause it can hide and i dont have to look at it ever

putis
09-02-2006, 03:10 PM
Lol, SB can hide too, and you can do so much with the scripting/plugin system.

darksephiroth
09-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Spambot's name is "war.slaughter#xx" number goes up from 1-99. What exactly is "wildcard" ? I have a wildcard banning option with Myriad, but don't know how it works. Somethin' in TagBans? =_=

They're still flooding my channel. A friend has his bot using (Ban Evasion) to help me out, I don't know what that is either.. Anyways... Thanks for the help, I actually have never been able to get StealthBot Working, that's why I'm on Myriad.

putis
09-02-2006, 03:33 PM
Can you post the logs or a screenshot of it?
Try tagbanning war.slaughter.
With stealhbot (from inside the bot) it'd be /tagadd *war.slaughter*
That would automatically ban anyone with 'war.slaughter' anywhere in their name.
Also look into Channel Protection mode, I'm sure Myriad has something like that, it bans all unsafelisted users upon join.
You should really try to get SB working, it's by far the best bot, use the site (http://www.stealthbot.net/forumn/index.php?act=home).

Mystic Videl
09-02-2006, 05:50 PM
To get it working... all you have to do is download critical update #5 or 6 I don't know what their on now. Then go and find what the available BNLS servers are now.

darksephiroth
09-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Would Stealthbot be able to prevent future Floodbot attacks?

putis
09-02-2006, 11:03 PM
It would be more capable to do so.
I would still like to see the logs or a screen shot of this flooding.

YourMother
09-03-2006, 12:26 AM
I usually use EternalChat. It is also from the Stealthbot developer. It's a little bit faster than the Stealthbot.
So when you are taking EternalChat, add this to script.txt in the EternalChat folder:
&2&*war.slaughter*&&&/ban %1 you suck

maybe this is also working with Stealthbot

pandas
09-03-2006, 05:59 AM
Stealthbot is better.

LOL

Mystic Videl
09-03-2006, 07:10 AM
It's true, Stealthbot pwns.

putis
09-03-2006, 09:16 AM
LOL

It's funny because it's true.

Saberking
09-03-2006, 09:57 AM
You have an op channel for a clan. uhg..

darksephiroth
09-03-2006, 04:19 PM
ok, so I got stealthbot working, but that crap doesn't help either. TagBan doesn't work on StealhBot Either... In fact, on either bot, tagban does absolutely nothing. All I can do is constantly sweepban to get them all out.

putis
09-03-2006, 04:21 PM
What do you mean tagban doesn't work?
Make sure you're using the command properly.

Mystic Videl
09-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Yeah... .ipban name, .exile name, .tagban name

putis
09-03-2006, 04:32 PM
From inside the bot, /tagadd *war.slaughter* should work fine.

darksephiroth
09-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Ah, I just foud out the * is wildcarding, correct? So, I was recommended to do /Tagban war.slaugh*

I put that in, haven't tested it yet.. =_=

han_han
09-03-2006, 08:51 PM
wild cards exist for a reason....

putis
09-04-2006, 01:55 AM
Ah, I just foud out the * is wildcarding, correct? So, I was recommended to do /Tagban war.slaugh*

I put that in, haven't tested it yet.. =_=

Put the * before and after just to be safe. (*war.slaugter*)

Mystic Videl
09-04-2006, 07:29 AM
Yep, then it bans either way :).

Zephyrix
09-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Congrats, you are the proud owner of the 313370th post

XpLoiTeD
09-07-2006, 07:33 AM
I didnt really read any of the post lol, so sorry if i repost something thats been stated a million times.

A. Why not just move to a diff channel?

B. Get a clan channel?

C. Give your members a safelist, and put your channel on Lockdown/Protection, it will ban everyone off safelist.

D. Tagban him (won't do anything if hes loading, which in case he's on a proxy, and can't be banned) .tagadd *WAR.SLAUGHTER* it will ban anything w/ that type, aka 14151WAR.Slaughter would be banned because of the 2nd asterix, and WAR.SLAUGHTER532526 would be banned because of the 1st Asterix. Or you could just do .tagadd *Slaughter* and anybody w/ the name slaughter in their account would be banned.

E. Get 2 Neglected Fury bots on Op and fight off the loads until he stops. NF bans in blocks of 5 w/ smartban so it won't drop from excessive typing (flooding)

F. Get a Clan channel+6-7 Neglected Fury's and when he loads clan channel he will be banned instantly. 6-7x5 = 30-35 bans every 6-7 seconds. So this will clean out your channel.

I use F personally when i was loading Ops for clans. Or aiding friends.