PDA

View Full Version : A Tutor of Sorts

Pwnd
08-07-2006, 06:34 PM
Now, I'm pretty sure not to many people would be whilling, but I'd like to see if I can get someone to get me along. I've found the tutorials in the 'Tutorials' section are either over my head or don't apply anyomre.

I already have extensive programming experience. I'm completely confident with the Java syntax. Giving that, I'm very confident with the C languages' syntax. I've worked with very little Visual Basic, but I don't think that's at all required to be able to make a functioning hack.

Like I said, Java is my main language, but I can most likely, without to much problem, adapt to any other language. ASM was my main reason for being here, but I haven't been able to grasp ASM quite yet. Along with the C language, editting memory has been a trivial concept with myself as well.

So, after all of that, if anyone could help me the least bit, it'd be most appreciated. This 'speal' problem left you at a blank as to what I want to accomplish; I understand. I basically want to be helped along through what our more experience programmers went through to get to where they are along the lines of Starcraft hacking. I will certainly take this knowledge with me to my college education and beyond.

Thank you.

Zephyrix
08-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Paying..? :>

Pwnd
08-07-2006, 06:37 PM
I'd rather it be a chairity. Sorry if that's asking to much.

BloodyBlade
08-07-2006, 06:46 PM
There are plenty of tutorials online that will help you out. You will probably be far better off using those and asking questions if you need help.

Pwnd
08-07-2006, 06:49 PM
I have been reading, believe it or not (:P). I'm just not grasping the concepts. Most of my questions are to general to not write a book or so on them, so I thought that maybe tutoring'd help out.

I'll definately be back if any concept of Starcraft hacking is still trivial to me.

Perhaps a redirection to an 'amazing' article'd help. :P

Oh, questions:
If I already know Java very well, what should I look at in things like the C languages? They're syntactically very similar, but I don't know what I'd be reading another 800 page book for if I already know 90% of it.

gamepin126
08-07-2006, 07:56 PM
For someone with such a resounding confidence in their knowledge of the languages you know, I'm sure that the reading and understanding of basic gamehacking tutorials will be a walk in the park.

Pwnd
08-07-2006, 08:06 PM
For someone with such a resounding confidence in their knowledge of the languages you know, I'm sure that the reading and understanding of basic gamehacking tutorials will be a walk in the park.It's not the thing that I can't read/understand them. I'm not ready for them. What's the point in diving into something you don't understand?

gamepin126
08-07-2006, 08:08 PM
It's not the thing that I can't read/understand them. I'm not ready for them. What's the point in diving into something you don't understand?

Open up Artmoney, run SC, make a game. Search for your minerals, change the minerals, search again, repeat until you got 1 offset. Edit the offset. Use your leeb programming skilzl0rz to nop/modify/wtfh4x0r that offset into submission. Congrats, you're not a leeb h4x0r.

www.ghu.as.ro

Pwnd
08-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Open up Artmoney, run SC, make a game. Search for your minerals, change the minerals, search again, repeat until you got 1 offset. Edit the offset. Use your leeb programming skilzl0rz to nop/modify/wtfh4x0r that offset into submission. Congrats, you're not a leeb h4x0r.

www.ghu.as.ro (http://www.ghu.as.ro)
Woah, thanks for the link. What the hells up with not being able to see it until it's quoted?

Also, I've got as far as finding the offset and editting it through Artmoney. The knowledge of the next step of taking it to application level is trivial to me.

Twilex
08-08-2006, 06:51 AM
I realized best way is to go very progressivly. If you try to do everything at the first try, chances are you won't make it. I just made a new kind of hack and it shows potential but still need some work to make it more user-friendly. Try to do the basic things first and stick to C++.

Uniquely_Defined
08-08-2006, 09:20 AM
Why would he be 'sticking to' C++ if he's programming in Java?..

p_025
08-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Why would he be 'sticking to' C++ if he's programming in Java?..

I've programmed in Java before. It's not for hacking. JAR executables seem pretty slow and I doubt that it could compile a very powerful DLL. The most complex JAR files I've seen were I think it was GUEdit, for protecting StarCraft maps and some other things, and EntSpy, for identifying the entities in the entities lump of a Half-Life BSP. They took forever to start up, and seemed pretty easily reproducible in C++ or just about anything else.

The_Jelly
08-08-2006, 04:58 PM
So you mean someone to babysit you...?

Pwnd
08-08-2006, 05:39 PM
So you mean someone to babysit you...?I'm not like that. I tell people to do **** for me. I hope that they can assist me where I'm stuck.

arpsmack
08-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Also, I've got as far as finding the offset and editting it through Artmoney. The knowledge of the next step of taking it to application level is trivial to me.
OK... so what do you need help with then? You already said you can find offsets and edit them. Taking it to the application level is trivial to you... so it seems to me like you have everything under control. Unless you are confused on the meaning of the word "trivial".

Also, I wouldn't expect knowledge of game hacking to get you far in college...

Pwnd
08-08-2006, 09:18 PM
I can edit it through a memory editor*

Learning programming languages will.

MiCrOz
08-08-2006, 11:56 PM
Throw me a CDKey to get back on BW, and I'll start hacking again (and tutor again). Any donations are welcome, if anyone is interested in seeing me hack again (I'm bored). AIM me: knifedge2000