PDA

View Full Version : Doom - The Movie.

Pwnd
03-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Did anyone see this and then become horribley disappointed by it?

It may have been a "good" movie, but it shouldn't have been called "Doom."

It may have been on Mars, in a UAC facillity, but it still didn't earn the right to be called "Doom."

First thing that I noticed, the scientists that were "infected" weren't bald and still had thier eyes.

ParadiseFaust
03-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Isn't it possession and not infection? The baldness and eye **** may be from decomposition :O.

Pwnd
03-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Isn't it possession and not infection? The baldness and eye **** may be from decomposition :O.
It was a thing with the "possession." I think they were gouged out ;) And the hair.. I don't know, lol.

Another thing that I noticed, no one had PDA's, and nothing looked similar at all. The entire story was different.

ParadiseFaust
03-12-2006, 10:11 PM
PDA's are only from Doom 3. In fact, you may be comparing this to Doom 3 too much. I would have loved a movie with a storyline carbon copied from Doom 1.

Pwnd
03-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Well, even Doom 1 had nothing to do with "mutation."

ParadiseFaust
03-12-2006, 11:00 PM
hese topics have been severely criticized by most who have played the Doom games or know about the Doom games. These are believed to contribute to the film's box-office failure and ire of fans:

* The origin of the "demons" is no longer Hell (nor is it implied that Hell itself exists), but rather genetic experiments. Many fans thought this was a cop-out and turned the film into "just another zombie movie".
* The idea of whether a test subject becomes a monster or evolves to a superhuman being like Grimm depending on whether he or she is genetically good or evil has been criticized as ludicrous.
* Iconic weaponry such as the BFG, chaingun and the chainsaw are not used much. The BFG fires only 3 shots (one of which is off camera), the chaingun fires for about 10 seconds in the movie, and the chainsaw is only used for one scene. A shotgun and what appears to be a plasma rifle appear, but are never fired. Also, the explosion of a BFG round appeared more like a giant ball of corrosive mucus, rather than a massive green explosion as in the games.
* The monsters themselves were inaccurate and/or sparse-it was expected the zombies would be carrying guns, the Imps and Hell Knights to throw balls of energy, and that the other monsters in the game would have appeared.
* The first-person sequence is only 5 minutes long, despite the original prediction of 3/4 of the movie being first-person.
* Failure to capture the tense, scary, and foreboding atmosphere of the game Doom 3, from which the movie is supposedly based on. Also of the run-and-gun action of the first game.

I agree with these.

Pwnd
03-12-2006, 11:05 PM
I agree with those as well.

I haven't beaten Doom 3 yet, but I just found out that Dr. Betrouger (sp) was the "devil origin" of all that was happening.

Pharnax
03-13-2006, 07:53 AM
That movie ****ing sucks. I almost fell asleep TWICE when watching it. I think there has been made thousands of movies just like that, it's like a ****ing rip off.
Oh yeah, and the ending scenes where it turns into gamemode, is so lame it is embarrassing.

Pwnd
03-13-2006, 08:23 AM
Lol, totally agree with that as well.

I think The Rock ruined the entire movie. He's just about the worst actor I've ever seen.

"Shoulder your ****ING weapon, soldier. ****!Q1!1!"