PDA

View Full Version : Good Idea Hack

btn90
02-27-2006, 03:35 PM
I wonder if theres a hack where u can take a probe and drag a whole line of pylon so den the probe can automatic make the pylon where u wanted its on. den drag 2 line of cannon while you're doing something else while the probe are going one by one making on its way

hba
02-27-2006, 03:39 PM
I wonder if theres a hack where u can take a probe and drag a whole line of pylon so den the probe can automatic make the pylon where u wanted its on. den drag 2 line of cannon while you're doing something else while the probe are going one by one making on its way
What the f*ck are you talking about?

02-27-2006, 03:40 PM
I think he means the auto build and that **** , its already been made.

SC_Modder
02-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Okay. You minds as well stop now. All these hack idea threads have the same general path.
1.) The random person posts his idea.
2.) General public give their opinion as to the usefullness of this hack.
3.) Clueless idiots inform you as to the difficulty of such a hack although they haven't a clue.
4.) Random people start flaming the thread creator because they think their idea is stupid.
5.) Silence changes the threads topic completely.
6.) All people who can make hacks begin to completely ignore your thread.
7.) A moderator closes the thread after idiots post links to shock sites.

Everyone do yourselves a favor and don't let this chain of events occur.

02-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Okay. You minds as well stop now. All these hack idea threads have the same general path.
1.) The random person posts his idea.
2.) General public give their opinion as to the usefullness of this hack.
3.) Clueless idiots inform you as to the difficulty of such a hack although they haven't a clue.
4.) Random people start flaming the thread creator because they think their idea is stupid.
5.) Silence changes the threads topic completely.
6.) All people who can make hacks begin to completely ignore your thread.
7.) A moderator closes the thread after idiots post links to shock sites.

Everyone do yourselves a favor and don't let this chain of events occur.
:aniwub:

Training-Name
02-27-2006, 03:47 PM
pl0x?

hba
02-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Next spammer loses speaking privileges.

pandas
02-27-2006, 04:04 PM
It's possible, but there's really no point. It'd be annoying to implement a mouse drag interface, but using an interface like that for patrol might work (a "build pylon wall to here" command).

It's still way too much work.

Ganondorf
02-27-2006, 04:40 PM
Yeah, not to mention the math requried when they don't draw a straight line.

pandas
02-27-2006, 05:30 PM
That's the easy part. Calculate the slope of the line, and increment the X-coordinate by the building's width. Find the Y-coordinate given this X-coordinate and round it to the nearest map square. Build there.

prince
02-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Next spammer loses speaking privileges.
Sieg Hail Hellbound :bowdown:
:lol:

but back on topic...

That's the easy part. Calculate the slope of the line, and increment the X-coordinate by the building's width. Find the Y-coordinate given this X-coordinate and round it to the nearest map square. Build there.

actually, it isnt all that easy. You have to take into consideration that the buildings are built inside each square on the grid, and not the the points, and you might say that if you make square into a point, and the unit is built on the paint, but that doesn't work, because it's proportions get all screwed over, so the line would have to go like

______/
_____/
____/
__/
_/
/

and it would be all screwed up : /
it don't work

Fang325
02-27-2006, 07:22 PM
I wonder if theres a hack where u can take a probe and drag a whole line of pylon so den the probe can automatic make the pylon where u wanted its on. den drag 2 line of cannon while you're doing something else while the probes are going one by one making on its way

the blue made absolutly no sense.

Since we all know HB is :evil: I better get back on topic.
That might seriously damage your balance of resources and would only work for protoss, and also wouldn't give you much of an edge at all.

EDIT: looking at the thread title did you mean A hack that's a good idea

prince
02-27-2006, 07:25 PM
thats true, its just nice for those lazy ass protoss players XD

pandas
02-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Sieg Hail Hellbound :bowdown:
:lol:

but back on topic...

actually, it isnt all that easy. You have to take into consideration that the buildings are built inside each square on the grid, and not the the points, and you might say that if you make square into a point, and the unit is built on the paint, but that doesn't work, because it's proportions get all screwed over, so the line would have to go like

______/
_____/
____/
__/
_/
/

and it would be all screwed up : /
it don't work
Assuming that what you said was what I thought it was, no ****. Of course it will make a jagged (aliased) line, but if you were doing it manually, it would also. This hack would do exactly what a human player would do.

prince
02-27-2006, 08:53 PM
yeah, but to do that you need one of two things:

1- Artificial Intelligence

2- Saved into the command, every single possible situations on evey map, and every choice programmed into it.

both are highly unlikely, you can't do it

emceelabs
02-27-2006, 09:03 PM
nope, all you require is simple math :P

gamepin126
02-27-2006, 09:21 PM
I'm sure extending queue action wouldn't be that hard, however making it drag would be worthless.

pandas
02-27-2006, 09:22 PM
yeah, but to do that you need one of two things:

1- Artificial Intelligence

2- Saved into the command, every single possible situations on evey map, and every choice programmed into it.

both are highly unlikely, you can't do it
YOU can't do it.

It's just like patrol, as I said, except it does other stuff after saving two different X,Y co-ordinates.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

vorpal
02-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Woa, math pwnt. Nice.

[Edit]: Crap, sorry for spam.

GrabbEd
02-28-2006, 12:48 PM
Hold down shift. Welcome to the world of waypoints.

prince
02-28-2006, 05:21 PM
YOU can't do it.

It's just like patrol, as I said, except it does other stuff after saving two different X,Y co-ordinates.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

No one can...
the way the grid is set up wouldn't allow you to do anything of the sort
i know what you mean about calculating slope, but its different with this, because the structures run INSIDE the grid, and not on the points. It would be distorted, unless you programmed it with allowing it to stack, then it would be a different story, but w/o stacks, not possible

Ganondorf
02-28-2006, 05:34 PM
No one can...
the way the grid is set up wouldn't allow you to do anything of the sort
i know what you mean about calculating slope, but its different with this, because the structures run INSIDE the grid, and not on the points. It would be distorted, unless you programmed it with allowing it to stack, then it would be a different story, but w/o stacks, not possible

Clearly your a ****ing idiot.

We already established the fact that it is impossible to make the line perfectly straight- without the ability to stack, and of course, without the person originally making a straight line.

What you fail to understand is that we can calculate where the pylons need to go- sort of like when you open MSPaint and you draw a line that isn't straight. It doesn't make a straight line like in a vector or more expensive graphics program, but it makes several horizontal lines until it gets to where it needs to be. I've proved your reading abillity and mental comprehension to be like someone who dropped out of highschool because of his lack of interest of thinking.

Understand now? Good. Stop being a ****ing howard.

prince
02-28-2006, 05:59 PM
wow...
you can't set it to build horizontal lines until it reaches where it is supposed to go, there is no function that you can implement that would be able to reach that point, except a cubed-type function, and that only implements ONE horizontal line across the center that CAN be widened according to where it goes, but calculating how exponential it has to be totally depends on the user, and you cant implement BOTH an accurate cubed function and a straight line into one function without running into vector errors.

and btw... I am the one that said it would have to implement horizontal lines

it's proportions get all screwed over, so the line would have to go like

______/
_____/
____/
__/
_/
/
hmm... nice reading comprehension ;)

Ganondorf
02-28-2006, 06:08 PM
Coding such a thing would of course be impracticle, but are you trying to say that it can't be done?

prince
02-28-2006, 06:17 PM
im saying that it is highly unlikely, so we agree
this discussion is settled :)

Ganondorf
02-28-2006, 06:35 PM
We both agree that your an idiot. Discussion settled! :)

prince
02-28-2006, 06:39 PM
wow...
u really need to take a look at the special olympics pic
you could really learn something ;)

pandas
02-28-2006, 06:50 PM
wow...
you can't set it to build horizontal lines until it reaches where it is supposed to go, there is no function that you can implement that would be able to reach that point
Use waypointed calls to the build function, and if you can't waypoint them for some reason, do the next call as soon as the "number of pylons" offset is incremented.

, except a cubed-type function
No. This is a linear function combined with the greatest integer function.

, and that only implements ONE horizontal line across the center that CAN be widened according to where it goes, but calculating how exponential
Exponential? What the ****? Did you pay attention in math class to what those words actually mean?

it has to be totally depends on the user, and you cant implement BOTH an accurate cubed function and a straight line into one function without running into vector errors.
You clearly don't even know what a vector is.

and btw... I am the one that said it would have to implement horizontal lines

hmm... nice reading comprehension ;)
It's hard to comprehend your incomprehensible English.

prince
02-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Use waypointed calls to the build function, and if you can't waypoint them for some reason, do the next call as soon as the "number of pylons" offset is incremented.

yeah, but your gonna run into errors constantly, with the playing styles of the noob out there

No. This is a linear function combined with the greatest integer function.
and no, a cubed function would be more accurate where horizontal lines are required to reach the y value,
but that function would make it better overall, including both straight lines and lines including horizantal areas

Exponential? What the ****? Did you pay attention in math class to what those words actually mean?
i meant a exponential function as in where the variable had a constant as an exponent, and not a function where a variable had a variable as an exponent

You clearly don't even know what a vector is.
haha, thats why i'm a year ahead of where im supposed to be in math,
pre-calc sophmore year ;)

It's hard to comprehend your incomprehensible English.
hmm... kinda funny since you understood every word i said, and you took the word comprehension out of context
i said *reading comprehension* not comprehension in general
reading comprehension is information retained and understood after *reading* something

Ganondorf
02-28-2006, 07:10 PM
It'd be easy to run some checks before doing all the other math to see if the spots the user supplied are valid.

pandas
02-28-2006, 08:49 PM
It doesn't matter. Users make that mistake all the time.

"You can't build there."

So what? It'd just leave a space in the unbuildable areas and move on to the next pylon.

prince: I don't care what level math you're in. As to the cubic function, we want it to look as close to a straight line as possible (so, linear with greatest integer function), not with the curvature that cubic functions introduce.

Exponential functions are defined to be f(x) = b^x, where b is a constant called the "base" and x is the independent variable. Functions of the form f(x) = x^n are a special case of polynomials called "monic polynomials", or "monomials". You're wrong. Check any elementary algebra book.

Finally, the reading comprehension comment was because vash didn't waste his time trying to find out what you were saying. I clearly did.

starflare7
03-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by SmashedPumpkins
I can take this site down for months strait.
ROFL his site was just hacked lol.

prince
03-01-2006, 07:13 PM
It doesn't matter. Users make that mistake all the time.

"You can't build there."

So what? It'd just leave a space in the unbuildable areas and move on to the next pylon.

prince: I don't care what level math you're in. As to the cubic function, we want it to look as close to a straight line as possible (so, linear with greatest integer function), not with the curvature that cubic functions introduce.

Exponential functions are defined to be f(x) = b^x, where b is a constant called the "base" and x is the independent variable. Functions of the form f(x) = x^n are a special case of polynomials called "monic polynomials", or "monomials". You're wrong. Check any elementary algebra book.

Finally, the reading comprehension comment was because vash didn't waste his time trying to find out what you were saying. I clearly did.

um... the curvature of the cubic functions are totally ignored, until it's specified that the curves of the function have to be calculated and implemented

starflare7
03-01-2006, 09:50 PM
This is very true.

pandas
03-01-2006, 10:44 PM
um... the curvature of the cubic functions are totally ignored, until it's specified that the curves of the function have to be calculated and implemented
Roflmao, you're not typing incomprehensibly after all. You just don't know what you're talking about. :lol:

StarcraftSuxAss
03-04-2006, 12:44 AM
lmfaowroflol :lol:

prince
03-04-2006, 10:51 AM
Roflmao, you're not typing incomprehensibly after all. You just don't know what you're talking about. :lol:
um... are u retarded?
let me explain it in dummies format
lets say you have f(x)=x^3 and it is graphed
the graph is not going to show the 3 points where it crosses the origin, it only shows it moving *along* the origin in a horizontal line
a graph is never going to show the curves at the origin unless it was specified to do so, and in that case, you would calculat the maximum and minimum of each curve across the origin
mkay retard, its just that you cant understand...

pandas
03-04-2006, 11:58 AM
I understand perfectly well what a cubic function is. I know much more about them than you do, if you're in a third-year high school course.

That doesn't change the fact that it has absolutely nothing to do with the simple LINEAR function required for this.

Oh yeah, -rep for wasting my time.

The_Jelly
03-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Prince you're out of your league here compared to pandas/Crackdra. Stop posting.

White Tiger
03-04-2006, 03:31 PM
His name is pandas now. No need to call him crackdra ;D

The_Jelly
03-04-2006, 03:34 PM
His name is pandas now. No need to call him crackdra ;D

Please direct your attention to the / seperating the names pandas & Crackdra.