PDA

View Full Version : microsoft usb 2.0 host controller driver?

sanx
10-27-2004, 02:59 AM
Hi guys, i just installed windows xp, and cant seem to find the usb 2.0 driver. I've searched google, and they say you have to update your windows to sp1. However, my xp is pirated, so i cant install it. I also found out that they once did have the usb2.0 driver separately but they just integrated it along with other stuff into sp1.

So would you guys happen to have the driver lying around on your hard disks by any chance? Or know how to bypass the cd-key checking thing when trying to install sp1 or sp2? Thanks in advance.

Dan
10-27-2004, 05:42 AM
Hi guys, i just installed windows xp, and cant seem to find the usb 2.0 driver. I've searched google, and they say you have to update your windows to sp1. However, my xp is pirated, so i cant install it. I also found out that they once did have the usb2.0 driver separately but they just integrated it along with other stuff into sp1.

So would you guys happen to have the driver lying around on your hard disks by any chance? Or know how to bypass the cd-key checking thing when trying to install sp1 or sp2? Thanks in advance.

Do you have your motherboard's system disc? It should be on there. If you don't, try to find copies of the drivers you need by visiting your motherboard's webpage.

sanx
10-27-2004, 10:03 PM
Yes i do, when i try to use the cd it says 'use windows update for the USB driver' (because my computer originally came with windows 2000). And like i said, the drivers are all packaged into the windows update SP1 and they took the separate driver files off from both the windows website and the motherboard's. I searched, and they took them all down because of 'copyright issues'. BTW my motherboard is an Intel 865G model name GA-81G1000MK

bulk_4me
10-28-2004, 08:01 PM
The 2000 drivers should work on XP.

sanx
10-29-2004, 01:28 AM
The 2000 drivers dont work on XP... i said i tried to install it using the 2000 driver and an error msg popped up saying to install SP1 for the driver. The problem was that there used to be an XP driver but after they integrated it into windows update SP1, they removed the separate driver file from their websites.

Well anyways, problem solved, i found the XP driver on Kazaa. Yay for me.

TheTempest
10-29-2004, 07:30 AM
lol

my recomendation would be to uninstall XP and get Win2kPro =)

or, if your dead set on XP, get XP corp. edition

sanx
10-29-2004, 04:06 PM
Well, what i did was actually the other way around. I uninstalled my legitimate copy of win2kPro and installed a pirated copy of XP =)
Personal preference i guess, i think XP is better than win2K.

llafnwod
10-29-2004, 04:08 PM
lol

my recomendation would be to uninstall XP and get Win2kPro =)

or, if your dead set on XP, get XP corp. edition Corp? Do you mean XP Pro, or is there a corperate edition?

Dan
10-29-2004, 04:41 PM
Corp? Do you mean XP Pro, or is there a corperate edition?

XP Pro Corporate. Basically the corporate license allows you to install the operating system on as many machines as you'd like. It's easier to install if you pirate it, because you don't need to work around the activation.

If you're looking for it, this release works fine. Microsoft.Windows.XP.Corporate.Edition.SP2.Integra ted.INTERNAL-MaGE