PDA

View Full Version : The why that 1.11b patch came out

jangpro5
06-04-2004, 09:04 AM
I have somthing to tell about the 1.11b patch

Maybe yall can remember that I mentioned about it once before.
As I said then, when the 1.11 patch came out, damnation flew into Korea.

Korean SC users had not known about it absolutely,
until the 1.11 patch, even if very small number of users like me were using it.
However, since the 1.11 patch, damn became popular in a tremendous speed

Now more than half of Korean users know about damn.
In fact, stacking, creephack, etc were such big surprises to Korean users.

They had never seen such things before, you know.
Therefore, they became social issues and hot topic among Korean society

Naturally, the Hanbit Soft, a company managing the distribution of Star Craft in Korea, found out about these and they instantly asked for measures to Blizzard.
And this is how the 1.11b patch came out. I'm sure about this.

I'm really disgusted and I can't stand it any more. I'm so sorry about this
If a number of Korean users get hack(maybe new Damnation) from this site, it will be an anther issue and Habit Soft will surely do something about it.

Just I saying all this and my 1st point is I am sick. because damnation became public in korea
2nd, maybe new damnation is come out, a lot of korean DL it.
Then it will be another issue, again new patch will come out. It also sick

divine
06-04-2004, 09:36 AM
hum`````
not good jangpro.......

jangpro5
06-04-2004, 09:43 AM
tell me, what is not good

Hator
06-04-2004, 10:33 AM
Thats why many people say "keep your hacks private"
And ok, after most things are fixed sind 1.11b the next damn.dll (if it ever comes) will contain much less features, i'd say there's not very much left to fix for Blizzard.

As far as i know there was always some competition between Korean hackmakers and Drakken(and some others), and since Drakken did the first maphack for 1.11 (as far as i know) everyone took his prog. A korean maphack for 1.11 was never out i think.

Oh well, i only want a maphack and something that tells me about allies, and these things are just memory values and cant be fixed once and for all.

jangpro5
06-04-2004, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2004, 03:33 AM
Thats why many people say "keep your hacks private"

correct. I kept it private

SoftWarewolf
06-04-2004, 10:55 AM
well thats awfull.. becouse of that dumb patch my new stacked sunken defence dont work (it was gona kick the ass of all other crappy sunken defs)
also i miss the creep hack.. i liked building partly out of area and everywhere
and offcourse im still really waiting for maphack but that will come i gues

illest
06-04-2004, 11:20 AM
yeah im just sick of all the koreans on the US servers. there are more koreans there than their own server. all i see is ??? ?? ????? cuz i dont got korean installed.

Nicholai
06-04-2004, 01:46 PM
darn koreans...i miss my land on anything hack...did awsoem job for them maps like RP kind....those maps kept me busy for hours...now i cant build a darn house for the main char cause of damn blizard! anyhow keeping hacks private is a very good idea cause theres always that dumbass who will scream to everyone HEY LOOK AT ME I GOT A HACK AND HERES HOW YOU GET IT!.....and it surely messes us up back home... because aslong as theres dumbass newbs theres always gonna be patches...it cant be helped...but us that try to confine such mesures will get that slap behing their head thanks to the newbs...

Hator
06-04-2004, 03:19 PM
i think you just look to negative on this, maybe what jangpro5 said is right, but think about how long 1.09 was out and the hacks for it, blizzard knew about that , as does any other game company know that there are hacks for their game.
In Starcraft there are no antihack measures implemented so blizzard cant do anything to prevent it , exept releasing a patch only to mix up the offsets again, but then there woud be a patch every month and thats not worth it

Jet
06-04-2004, 03:23 PM
This is why 1.11b patch came out.

The following statement is taken from http://www.starcraftgamers.com/index.php

The World Cyber Games Committee has announced that it has signed an agreement with Blizzard Entertainment based in the U.S.A. for an exclusive channel on the Battle.net server. This committee is lead basically by an unsual cooperation between Co-chairmen of the WCG committee: Chang Dong Lee, the Minister of Ministry of Culture & Tourism in Korea and Jong Yong Yun, Vice Chairman & CEO of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.

The agreement states that Blizzard will provide a Battle.net channel to be used exclusively for the online preliminaries of StarCraft and Warcraft, both official games of the WCG 2004.

Who would have guessed 7 years ago that the government of Korea and Samsung Co. would be in charge of a world cyber games competition with approximately 1 million participants? Who would have guessed they would be paying Blizzard, now owned by Vivendi, for a series of virtual "channels" in Battle.net?

P.S.

So, on one aspect our little Korean friend was right, seeing how it is Samsung, Hanbit, but...............

I recently arrived back from The Republic of South Korea after a 14 month trip, and I can tell you from personal experience that tOOOOOOOOOO many Koreans already know how to hack, and in fact, do hack, not to mention create many hacks themselves. This habit runs rampant among korean gamers, and even in the 12,000 + Gaming Cafe's which are in there little country.

Anyways, please expedite the public version of the already completed 1.11b map hack. It's no fun playing on an uneven keel. If just one other person out there hacks, then we should all be afforded the opportunity to compete evenly.

^^