PDA

View Full Version : New mobo/computer setup

howardmeis
01-07-2006, 10:48 AM
I can't get my new computer working. I have to use my graphics card sicne the mobo has no integrated graphics, and that's not working. I can't get the boot CD I have to run and I can't instal my OS since I can't see anything on my monitor. My problem pretty much is, I have everything set up right, but no monitor running. How do I get my monitor runnign off my graphics card, off my new mobo. I'm tihnking of just scrapping this and getting one WITH integrated graphics as I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO wanted to do in the first place.

Otaku
01-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Eh? If you want to use the graphics card you have to plug it into the graphics card anyway...

howardmeis
01-07-2006, 01:51 PM
What otaku?

Also, bloody tihnks it might be my RAM so I might test my main computers RAM on it. If that doens't twork I'm sending the mobo back in since he thinks it's fried.

BloodyBlade
01-07-2006, 02:08 PM
I never said it was only your RAM. I said it may be your CPU, RAM, or motherboard. It is not your hard drive, and it is most likely not your video card because you said you plugged it into another computer and it works.

If you computer isn't POSTing, it makes me think it is your motherboard or you put it together wrong (CPU seated incorrectly, ram in wrong slot, etc).

howardmeis
01-07-2006, 03:13 PM
my RAM is in the first slot, my DPU is perfectly placed, a is the heatsink and fan. I set it up perfectly.

MasterX
01-07-2006, 03:34 PM
make sure the graphics card works in another machine first and make srue you have all the power dongles attached

BloodyBlade
01-07-2006, 03:37 PM
He already has, MasterX.

As for the ram, try the other slots and try to test your ram in another computer.

Calavera
01-07-2006, 03:37 PM
howard: have a camera? if so take a pic of your little setup..

howardmeis
01-07-2006, 03:52 PM
Well currently I still have to rescrew the mobo in again and secure everything, then I'll take a picture of it. It looks just like any normal computer, nothing special about it.

BloodyBlade
01-07-2006, 03:53 PM
A common mistake is to leave out the mounts. If you do, you will likely fry the motherboard. The case should have come with mounts that you screw into the case, then you screw the motherboard into the mounts.

howardmeis
01-07-2006, 03:57 PM
I did that too, as I told you bloddy.