PDA

View Full Version : Bayfest 2004

Fish Beans
09-28-2004, 07:53 AM
Anybody else going? I'm heading down Saturday at some point. I know I'm going to see Three Day's Grace, Breaking Benjamin and Seether, not sure if I'm going to get there before Three Day's Grace starts (they're the first ones to start playing).

For those of you who don't know, Bayfest is a huge, three day long festival where tons of bands come down and play on several different stages.

unseenkilla_29
09-28-2004, 02:51 PM
what kind of music do you listen to? i havent even heard of those bands.

jonthepyro
09-28-2004, 03:50 PM
thats like punk stuff

Fish Beans
09-29-2004, 05:58 AM
Punk, rock and classical mainly. The three bands listed were primarily rock, but slightly punk, except Seether. You've probably heard some of their songs, Fine Again, Gasoline, 69 Tea, etc. Breaking Benjamin isn't very popular right now, but they just had a huge radio hit, So Cold.

Dr. Silence
09-29-2004, 06:02 AM
Punk, rock and classical mainly. The three bands listed were primarily rock, but slightly punk, except Seether. You've probably heard some of their songs, Fine Again, Gasoline, 69 Tea, etc. Breaking Benjamin isn't very popular right now, but they just had a huge radio hit, So Cold.

I honestly have no idea about this band stuff, i got 2 friends that are obsessed and carry all these anti nazi badges on them and DK sighns and its really wierd.

Fish Beans
09-29-2004, 06:21 AM
My friends would scare you. One of them has a red spiked mohawk.

Dr. Silence
09-29-2004, 06:23 AM

jesus, most of those bands like nirvana leed people into gangs and goths and suicide...

Fish Beans
09-29-2004, 06:26 AM
That's quite possibly the most ignorant thing I've ever heard you say.

Dr. Silence
09-29-2004, 06:31 AM
That's quite possibly the most ignorant thing I've ever heard you say.

Well its not my place to talk, im not really keen on this area but there where so many news reports on bands like slipknot and those goths ones about there songs talking about killing ect, and there was heaps of it on BOWLING FOR COLOMBINE.... but anyway have fun :)

Fish Beans
09-29-2004, 08:00 AM
So you're saying that just because there are songs that advocate violence, suddenly everyone who listens to it is going to go perform violent acts?

Dragan
09-29-2004, 12:11 PM
So you're saying that just because there are songs that advocate violence, suddenly everyone who listens to it is going to go perform violent acts?

im not saying that but it usually does happen!

Fish Beans
09-29-2004, 01:58 PM
Usually? Try rarely. I know literally hundreds of people who listen to this music that supposedly causes violence, and none of them have ever done anything violent in their lives. Don't believe everything the media tells you. In today's society, we're constantly looking for something else to blame. It was their parents fault, it was the TV they watched, the games they played, the music they listened to, they got picked on too much. Can I ask you a question? What music was it that Hitler listened to that made him feel that he needed to exterminate the Jews? Some people are just fucked up from the start, and there's no explaining why.

Dr. Silence
09-29-2004, 03:41 PM
Usually? Try rarely. I know literally hundreds of people who listen to this music that supposedly causes violence, and none of them have ever done anything violent in their lives. Don't believe everything the media tells you. In today's society, we're constantly looking for something else to blame. It was their parents fault, it was the TV they watched, the games they played, the music they listened to, they got picked on too much. Can I ask you a question? What music was it that Hitler listened to that made him feel that he needed to exterminate the Jews? Some people are just fucked up from the start, and there's no explaining why.

BOOM. perfectly said.

Dragan
09-29-2004, 04:10 PM
Can I ask you a question? What music was it that Hitler listened to.

ahahhaha lol ok forget w/e i said but can u imagine hitler "jamming"? ahahaha, now i really wonder what type of music he listend to.

BloodyBlade
09-30-2004, 04:15 PM
He probably listened to Rap Music.

Note: Yes I realize that rap music wasn't around, and if you were going to point that out you are a complete idiot because it was in reference to the soccer-mom whores who say rap music makes people kill people, even though I don't like rap music. It doesn't change the fact that it should take more than music, videogames, parents, insults, TV, or all the above to push a person so much as to kill or violently hurt another human being.

If thats all it takes, you should be shot.

unseenkilla_29
10-01-2004, 05:02 PM
Usually? Try rarely. I know literally hundreds of people who listen to this music that supposedly causes violence, and none of them have ever done anything violent in their lives. Don't believe everything the media tells you. In today's society, we're constantly looking for something else to blame. It was their parents fault, it was the TV they watched, the games they played, the music they listened to, they got picked on too much. Can I ask you a question? What music was it that Hitler listened to that made him feel that he needed to exterminate the Jews? Some people are just fucked up from the start, and there's no explaining why.i agree with that, although i can see how someone getting picked on too much would turn violent, but only against the people picking on them. although i am a peaceful person and dont like hurting people, if someone hits me, i will fight back.

Cedrios
10-02-2004, 06:23 PM
I think I heard "Fine Again" on the 380 Avalanch soundtrack

Fish Beans
10-03-2004, 12:28 PM
Just got back from the concert. Well, actually I got back about 13 hours ago, but I just got up. Breaking Benjamin was awesome live, I was half expecting the vocals to be mediocre because a lot of their songs are really fucking hard to sing, but they did a great job. They also did a cover of Lithium in which the singer from Seether joined them in singing.

Duke
10-03-2004, 12:30 PM
I know a girl that shaved the sides of her head and wears it in this 1.5 ft long mohawk. It makes her taller than me :lol:
Anybody get game informer? There was an article about a kid that was killed and the lawyer is blaming hitman 2. The 2 kids would play the game together, but the funny thing is the victim owned the game :rolleyes: the killer kid even admitted to killing him for drug money :lol:

Dragan
10-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Mann thats bullshit. I think that if you are dumb enuf to do/try sumthin that you see in a game or maybe in a jackass movie or w/e then u deserve to get hurt!

xXRhYnAdOnXx
10-03-2004, 01:38 PM
wow Fish Beans..no offense..but you need to look up the definition of Punk Rock..Three Days Grace? Breaking Benjamin? They all suck and are whiny poser bands!
I like punk rock and by that I mean Dead Kennedys, Ramones, NOFX, Misfits, and various others..but good work on Classical too!:D

CoLt
10-03-2004, 01:45 PM
Yah, the funny thing is that you can sue for stupid shit like that. I remember this case of this guy that lost his fingers on his left hand. When he tried to trim hedges with his lawn mower. He SUED and WON, not sure if its true or not. Heard it from my History Teacher.

llafnwod
10-03-2004, 02:08 PM
You think laws here are weird? In Japan a guy ran over a kid with his car, and for his defence in court was allowed to use the fact that he was flaming drunk. In defence.

Fish Beans
10-03-2004, 07:25 PM
wow Fish Beans..no offense..but you need to look up the definition of Punk Rock..Three Days Grace? Breaking Benjamin? They all suck and are whiny poser bands!
No offense taken, but I think you misread my posts. I said that the bands I mentioned were primarily rock with some punk influence, never did I say they were punk.