PDA

View Full Version : Happy Holidays or Marry Christmas

Andover[yT]
12-22-2005, 09:07 AM
as you know there are people out there tring to replace "Marry Christmas" with "Happy Holidays" do you feel this is right or wrong.

howardmeis
12-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Firstly, spelt mErry christmas.

Now on with the debate. I've never met anyone truely offended by someone saying merry xmas to them. And it's really a choice what holiday you pu tin for xmas. Could say happy chanika (sp) or happy kwanza. People just complain too much nowadays.

han_han
12-22-2005, 01:11 PM
Seeing as how I don't celebrate any winter holidays, I really don't care much what people say to me.

Still, it seems pointless to bicker over things like this unless your religion is one that would kill you or torture you for saying one phrase of "happy holidays" worded differently.

SatansMessiah
12-22-2005, 01:45 PM
']as you know there are people out there tring to replace "Marry Christmas" with "Happy Holidays" do you feel this is right or wrong.
Some people think that you are trying to push your religion on them by saying merry x-mas, since that is a religion based holiday. Some people also get pissy when there kid comes home and asks why he or she is the only one in class who does not celebrate it.

Pharnax
12-22-2005, 02:01 PM
']as you know there are people out there tring to replace "Marry Christmas" with "Happy Holidays" do you feel this is right or wrong.
I can't believe you mis-spelled "merry", and you did it twice.

I think it's fine.