PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft Variables

SmashedPumpkins
09-24-2004, 09:03 PM
How do I find all the starcraft variables to make hacks?

BloodyBlade
09-24-2004, 09:05 PM
I would imagine some type of memory searcher or something to that extent.

llafnwod
09-24-2004, 10:47 PM
How do I find all the starcraft variables to make hacks?Err... yeah. Pretty much what BloodyBlade said. Experiment with ArtMoney (or TSearch) while changing stuff in SC, use the sieve fucntion liberally. AgentGOD has made some fun (but generally useless) stuff with it. NOTE THAT THERE ARE VERY FEW HACKS CONSISTING ONLY OF ARTMONEY TABLES THAT WORK ON BATTLE.NET. I'm not yelling at you, we've just had too many newbs coming in thinking their hard-earned mineral hack makes them more 1337 that dumb old OverFlow.

BloodyBlade
09-25-2004, 10:24 AM
I was afraid I had no idea what I was talking about because I haven't even made an attempt at any type of hack making. Maybe I will annoy you for some help, llafnwod. After I read the tutorials ofcourse.

llafnwod
09-25-2004, 11:48 AM
I was afraid I had no idea what I was talking about because I haven't even made an attempt at any type of hack making. Maybe I will annoy you for some help, llafnwod. After I read the tutorials ofcourse.I'd be happy to help. ArtMoney is fun stuff...

Fish Beans
09-27-2004, 06:32 AM
There's a lot more to hacking than just a memory searcher.

Palomino
09-27-2004, 07:14 AM
Some sort of debugger is a huge pre-requisite, so I suggest you get a copy of softice. Also, read up on assembly.

nickolay
09-27-2004, 09:25 AM
It is not our problem if his incompetence prevents him from running softice. I've never had any problems while running it on xp.

Perma
09-28-2004, 06:30 AM
If you have problems running SoftICE for Windows NT/XP, it is usually caused by incompatibility with your video drivers if you're running an ATI graphics card. Although, SoftICE uses it's own video driver, so why this is a problem I do not know, but it is often brought to my attention from Windows XP/2K/NT users. If you're looking for a replacement for it, then try getting yourself a copy of Olly Debug.

It has generally the same features as SoftICE and is often my debugger of choice. Not to mention it's a lot easier to use.

Fish Beans
09-28-2004, 08:01 AM
Softice compatibility issues with 2k/XP have nothing to do with video drivers, most versions out there just don't work properly, or will crash seemingly at random. I like Ollydbg because it doesn't fuck with my computer like SI does.

Perma
09-28-2004, 03:00 PM
Still, SoftICE is far more useful, but Olly Debug is still my choice debugger.

Sidenote: Video drivers can be the cause of issues with SoftICE.

Fish Beans
09-29-2004, 06:13 AM
Yes, that is a very frequent issue (along with a lot of mouse problems), but the XP/2k compatibility issue stems from other reasons. There is a version that works flawlessly, but I'm not sure which one it is.

Perma
09-29-2004, 06:44 AM
Someone told me something about "v2.6 Studio"? I can't remember, it was some time ago. Anyway, that version is supposed to work on Windows XP/NT/2K but I have yet to find it.

TheTempest
09-29-2004, 07:20 AM
ya well i get all sorts of WACK ASS ERRORS with Softice....

i have to use the troubleshooting checkboxes. The ones they say dont mess with unless compuserve says too...well anyays. Long story short, if i dont use it, and i press CTRL-D to pop Sofitce, after i hit F5 or x or something to make it go away, my keyboard instantly stops working at all, as if it was disconnected... :(

Perma
09-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Interesting! Make the switch to OllyDbg. ;)

llafnwod
09-29-2004, 05:40 PM
It is not our problem if his incompetence prevents him from running softice. I've never had any problems while running it on xp.You call having 2000 incompetence? Goddamn.

Perma
09-29-2004, 07:14 PM
Windows 2000/NT/XP function the same way. So it makes no difference whether you are running 2000 or XP, because they are generally the same.

Fish Beans
09-30-2004, 09:44 AM
All NT based systems are subject to the same problems with softice, that is, everything newer than me.

nickolay
09-30-2004, 11:55 AM
I've never had any problems with softice, except for hitting ctrl+d at times while I was in a game (not sc), which caused me to disconnect from the server.

Sandman
09-30-2004, 12:11 PM
Like crouching in CS and then strafing right before you fully let off the crouch button.

Fish Beans
10-04-2004, 05:53 AM
Or having a shitty keyboard in which the Ctrl key sticks.

indulgence
10-20-2004, 06:21 PM
WinDBG from microsoft is a decent alternative to OllyDbg or SoftIce

But, on the topic of SC Variables, memory searching is a good start -- but you really need to do some tracing and reverse-engineering in order to make any hack that would require the use of the variable. There are very few multiplayer hacks that can be made with a simple memory modification (especially of a simple variable)

DuckDuckGoose
10-20-2004, 06:43 PM
adn that my freinds is why windows 98 is the best,but you also forgot the compiler,i dont remeber the name exactly some thing like wdam 32 or something.but you need one of those to
....dont you?