PDA

View Full Version : BP FPT Problem

ComradeSlavic
12-19-2005, 11:06 AM
Alright, I have Bullet Proof FTP installed on my home desktop. Now I am trying to run an FTP server off it for me and my friends. The problems is that nobody can connect to it.

Info:
I have a router, however the FTP port is open and the firewall is off.

I can connect within my LAN from my upstairs computer to my downstairs one, using the local IP. But nobody can connect using my real IP.

Any help would be great, but just know that I'm pretty sure it has something to do with my router receiving the data, but then not knowing which computer to send it to.

SC_Modder
12-19-2005, 01:26 PM
Have you setup port fowarding?

You need to access your router and set it up to foward port 21 to the server's IP address.

ComradeSlavic
12-19-2005, 04:13 PM
The server's IP is my IP. My port is not 21, thats just the default FTP port you use. Yes, I have set up port forwarding.

SatansMessiah
12-19-2005, 04:15 PM
I am not saying you are dumb in any way with this, but check to make sure you are using your real ip. Some programs do not give you your real ip.

ComradeSlavic
12-19-2005, 04:41 PM
When you try to connect from the outside to my computer you would be using the Remote IP. This is what I'm using to try and connect to myself. The problem is that within my LAN each computer is assigned 192.168.1.XXX. Now the FTP doesn't know where it is within this LAN, so it cannot receive or send data.

Edit: I figured that **** out. Don't worry about.