PDA

View Full Version : Nydus Trick

Dragono
12-01-2005, 01:18 PM
i was playing when for fun, i decided to do the nydus glitch, i did it correctly, but later my drone died far away from my enemy base, when i noticed my nydus entry was still alive, i warped some units across it and for my surprise they apeared right over my enemy hive, then i warped a army of hydralisks and when I moved my screen back to the nydus my game crashed.

My questions are this:
1) why my units apeared over my enemy base if there was no exit?
2) why my game crashed?

Megaz
12-01-2005, 01:36 PM
First of all what units did you warp in the first place and my second question is where your hydras stacked? If your hydras where stacked then it does crash the game. I haven't tried the nydus trick with any other unit but i'm guessing by what you said it works. It just always crashes with stacked hydras for me.

Dragono
12-01-2005, 02:07 PM
first i sended lurkers
then i sended hydras but i didnt stacked units

Danny[Ex]
12-16-2005, 09:07 PM
What's the nydus trick?

gamepin126
12-16-2005, 09:09 PM
I'd explain it....but Dragono's sig distracts me.

aimcrack
12-16-2005, 10:20 PM
Would you mind explaining it, bc i have seen it done and i have the macro for it, but i have seen people take an over lord to somone's base and drop a drone where they want the exit and they load it back up and leave but i don't know how it works from there or if that is like the end part...

gamepin126
12-16-2005, 10:47 PM
Would you mind explaining it, bc i have seen it done and i have the macro for it, but i have seen people take an over lord to somone's base and drop a drone where they want the exit and they load it back up and leave but i don't know how it works from there or if that is like the end part...
You got it.

Dragono
12-17-2005, 04:21 PM
']What's the nydus trick?
Its a glitch that makes nydus exit a drone, that means you can move it (nice):w00t:

I'd explain it....but Dragono's sig distracts me.
lol, how does it distracts you......:confused:

anyways so the games crashes at cause of sprites error?

vorpal
12-22-2005, 10:27 PM
i would comment on all this but i am a lowley know-nothing noob :(

Leviathan
01-20-2006, 10:37 AM
*Stares*
http://yoshilore.com/pictures/ani-egg.gif
*Drools*

YAY!!

stonedpenguin
01-20-2006, 10:44 AM
i was playing when for fun, i decided to do the nydus glitch, i did it correctly, but later my drone died far away from my enemy base, when i noticed my nydus entry was still alive, i warped some units across it and for my surprise they apeared right over my enemy hive, then i warped a army of hydralisks and when I moved my screen back to the nydus my game crashed.

My questions are this:
2) why my game crashed?
In some maps, such as the SCD5 map I believe, the nydus glitch doesn't always crash the game everytime the drone dies and you send hydras to your nydus. In one test game, I killed 4 nydused drones and sent hydras to each one of them before the game crashed. Naturally, I couldn't save the replay....

First of all what units did you warp in the first place and my second question is where your hydras stacked? If your hydras where stacked then it does crash the game. I haven't tried the nydus trick with any other unit but i'm guessing by what you said it works. It just always crashes with stacked hydras for me.
As for another point, stacked hydras don't crash the game if your drone is still alive, and it still can crash the game if your drone is dead.

darkfire
01-28-2006, 09:40 AM
lol how do you even do the nydus trick? Because I want to be able send one drone to my enemies base and load ultralisks like crazy......and then crash

Megaz
01-28-2006, 09:58 AM
You build a nydus entrance then hatcha an egg; then control 1 the hatching egg. Before the egg hatches, build the nydus exit somewhere (doesn't really matter) and quickly push: Control 1, 1, Esc. If done correctly the morphing exit should turn into a drone.

pplude92
01-28-2006, 10:05 AM

My questions are this:
2) why my game crashed?

if the drone dies you have to build a new drone and it automatically becomes the exit. If you do not, the game will crash when you send something thrrough

Training-Name
01-28-2006, 05:32 PM
If you let the first Nydus Canal die (not the drone), the game will crash.