PDA

View Full Version : My harddrive crashed.

BloodyBlade
09-17-2004, 08:41 PM
Wow... My harddrive shitted out on me. Its being reformatted as I type this, im on my family computer.

One day when I come home from school, I turn on my computer, like I usually do. Then I leave it to start up while I go get a soda. When I come back, its at the screen where it tells you system specs and there is a flashing underscore. There is no system error. There is no "Please remove disk" error. Just a flashing underscore. So I go rumaging through my computer disks and find my boot disk. I put it in the A: drive and turn on my computer, I get the menu that I usually get: 1: Start Computer without CD-ROM support, 2: Start Computer with CD-ROM support, 3: Help File. I choose start up with disk because ive allready got my win98 disk in the drive from previously installing some printer drivers. So it goes through its process and brings me to the <A:\> command thingy in DOS. So I type C:. It says that it coulden't find the "media". So I tried Scandisk C:. Still couldent see my C: drive. At this point I was ready to throw my computer out the window, tie it to my dad's bumper, and go do donuts in my school parking lot. I try so many different things to get it to start up, then I just try to get it to see the drive. It won't see it. It knows its there, because it shows its info in the BIOS when I scan for a HD. After trying everything, I decided I would kick my computer in the mouth. But then, I realized my computer didn't have a mouth, this further even pissed me off. I decided to format the drive. Deleting my CDKeys, Bots, Hacks, Private Programs, Illegal Music, and just incase your a newb and doesn't know what "formatting" a drive is. It means I wiper it out. Deleted it. So I ran FDISK and formatted. My HD is fucked. Ive got a good 12+ of re-downloading my stuff. I think it may have crashed because it started to write on my bad sectors of the harddrive. Virus? I don't know, I had a virus protection program though. I hate my computer -.-

llafnwod
09-17-2004, 09:04 PM
I feel bad for you, but you're more likely to get laughs from this audience than sympathy.

el-camino-ss
09-17-2004, 09:06 PM
lol I was laughing just reading the title so yea more laughs but a little sry...eh a little

BloodyBlade
09-17-2004, 09:12 PM
I don't want sympathy. I just thought it was funny.

llafnwod
09-17-2004, 09:22 PM
Oh, good, now I can tell you the truth. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA.

el-camino-ss
09-17-2004, 09:33 PM
HAHAHA yea really no that he dosnt care we can laugh all we want....ha

nickolay
09-18-2004, 06:18 AM
This is why you should leave your computer on constantly.

BloodyBlade
09-18-2004, 07:27 AM
This may sound childish, but my father will not allow me to leave my computer on. If I leave it on he comes and shuts it down.

unseenkilla_29
09-18-2004, 09:27 AM
put it in sleep or just shut off the screen, then he might think its off and not fuck with it.

BloodyBlade
09-18-2004, 07:16 PM
What I did was pull the lights power wire, so you can't see them. And I allways turn my screen off when im done using my computer.

He knows its on by listening, you can hear my harddrive spinning, maybe I should put the case back on my box.

YonderKnight
09-18-2004, 08:27 PM
Somebody told me once not to turn off my computer ever and I'm wondering why? I turn off my computer most of the time when I'm done using it, but if it's gonna harm my computer, I better not...

unseenkilla_29
09-18-2004, 08:32 PM
i leave mine on when im done using it because I am too lazy to turn it off. some people have told me not to turn if off because of "damage." what exactly happens to it?

BloodyBlade
09-18-2004, 09:18 PM
My friend's power supply shitted out because he left his comp on 24/7.

I know people who say, "if yuo laeve yuor teh computrz0r on twennyfoseven and ahve it connect to teh interntz0r yuo wil be teh hackz0red". Doesn't sound likely to me unless you pissed a hacker off. Most people have hardware(router)+software firewalls. I bet a newb hacker coulden't get through them easily. Most people who say they are hackers, are not.

YonderKnight
09-18-2004, 09:47 PM
I'm saying, what happens if you DO turn off your computer? Some people say it harms your computer.

NickF
09-18-2004, 09:52 PM
ur supposed to turn off ur comp ever once and a while or it over heats but not more than ur sopposed to or it scews up because of static

unseenkilla_29
09-18-2004, 10:10 PM
it wont overheat. except for restarting every here and there for being slow, this computer has never been turned off. ive had it for about 3 years.

NickF
09-19-2004, 05:22 AM
eventualy it will get fucked up but u restart it so its fine

IversonAli3
09-19-2004, 05:23 AM
It gets "fuked up" due to memory leaks in your system.

aFTeRLiFe
09-19-2004, 05:11 PM
ur supposed to turn off ur comp ever once and a while or it over heats but not more than ur sopposed to or it scews up because of static
This is what fans are for. Then it won't overheat.