PDA

View Full Version : - Need map protection

Goose-Juice
11-25-2005, 04:44 AM
Hey, i've made 3 impossible scenarios, and faggots keep modding them and just simply changing the map for the worst, then branding it as their own. I'm reconsidering not protecting them, too late now though. but from here on out i'd like to.

- would appreciate any programs y'all have 2 offer which can protect maps? thanks.

Maged123
11-26-2005, 11:39 AM
[email protected] (http://www.staredit.net/index.php?download=2596) is what you'd want as there is currently no public method of unprotecting it.

XCreepingDeathX
11-26-2005, 12:04 PM
Go to www.staredit.net, they have every thing you could ever possibly need for staredit/modding.

Stewie
11-26-2005, 12:19 PM
ProEdit. uberation was created from ProEDIT, so I'd suggest ProEdit is the way to go.

XCreepingDeathX
11-26-2005, 12:27 PM
Starforge also has a built in protector. If you are seriously considering map making, I recomend downloading Starforge.

BloodyBlade
11-26-2005, 12:50 PM
The StarForge map protector is very easily unprotected, but it will stop the big newbs.

HoCkEy_PUCK
12-01-2005, 08:35 AM
Hey, i've made 3 impossible scenarios, and faggots keep modding them and just simply changing the map for the worst, then branding it as their own. I'm reconsidering not protecting them, too late now though. but from here on out i'd like to.

- would appreciate any programs y'all have 2 offer which can protect maps? thanks.

The only two map protectors that will nearly insure that your map won't be unprotected are ProEdit 1.4.1+ and Uberation. All the others are so easy to crack that even I can do it.

ProEdit. uberation was created from ProEDIT, so I'd suggest ProEdit is the way to go.

Not really. ProEdit still only encodes the core chk file, while Uberation encodes the entire mpq file (still don't understand how it can do that without crashing starcraft)

Note: Although map files don't have a .mpq extention, they are still mpq archives consisting of one core file named "staredit\scenario.chk" (exact name of the chk is always scenario.chk). Just for the noobs out there. :)

tomduo
12-01-2005, 01:02 PM
It's a shame that newbs who have absolutely no creativity forced map protection. It kinda limits the sharing of media. Thank god for forums like these. ^_^

DA(
12-01-2005, 01:34 PM
What happened to the days when people used google?

HoCkEy_PUCK
12-01-2005, 02:08 PM
What happened to the days when people used google?

Why take ten second searching on google when you can post on a forum and get your answer in a mere five hours?

SatansMessiah
12-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Why take ten second searching on goggle when you can post on a forum and get your answer in a mere five hours?That was the worst excuse for a sarcasmic statement I have ever heard.

HoCkEy_PUCK
12-01-2005, 02:24 PM
That was the worst excuse for a sarcasmic statement I have ever heard.

Sarcasm isn't my fort?; be happy I could get anything out.

SatansMessiah
12-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Sarcasm isn't my fort?; be happy I could get anything out.I would rather hear nothing.