PDA

View Full Version : How many of you debate?

banana_sam
11-24-2005, 12:27 PM
I'd like to know how many members of this group actually participate in debate in their schools or universities. It's a great activity and you should all look into it.

Andover[yT]
11-25-2005, 12:29 PM
2003-2005 Andover High School Speech Team Member
National Forensics League (NFL) Member
I Have Taken Debate 1
Dale Carnage Class (Will finish in Late Feb.)

Anyone else care to post their experience up on this thread?

BloodyBlade
11-25-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm not in a debacle class or club, but whenever there is a debate in class or somewhere else I'm always participating.

magikmonky
11-25-2005, 04:56 PM
I don't really debate much, just in class when I have too.

BloodyBlade
11-25-2005, 05:01 PM
I actually enjoy debating. I can very easily win when I debate at school; even if I later found out I was completely wrong or mislead.

magikmonky
11-25-2005, 05:02 PM
I also enjoy debating but I tend to get nervous and mess up all the time. :P

BloodyBlade
11-25-2005, 05:08 PM
Well, then you should have a good time debating online. There is always the edit button and the backspace key.

EyeOfFire
11-28-2005, 01:32 AM
Offline is completely different. The matter and method apply, but there's no charisma or manner - the way you say it. That can win you a debate, regardless of what you say.

I currently debate at A level in two competitions at my school (GPS and QDU) and I was in the QLD state team last year. Didn't try out this year tho.

Andover[yT]
11-28-2005, 09:04 AM
I highly reccomend the Dale Carnagie Course , it gives you skills in public speaking , stress management , memory skills , Time management and how to influence people and make friends. Its also a COLLEGE Level course worth 1 Credit (for those in college or want to get a head start in High School). the cost is 1000$ - 1300$ based on loaction.

llafnwod
11-28-2005, 03:37 PM
I'd like to know how many members of this group actually participate in debate in their schools or universities. It's a great activity and you should all look into it.It's fun debating classmates. Even if I'm stressing a point that makes no sense, I eventually build a reputation for intelligence so I can say the most nonsensical crap without anyone suspecting me. A barrage of big words is usually enough to take down most high-schoolers.

EyeOfFire
11-28-2005, 11:51 PM
']I highly reccomend the Dale Carnagie Course , it gives you skills in public speaking , stress management , memory skills , Time management and how to influence people and make friends. Its also a COLLEGE Level course worth 1 Credit (for those in college or want to get a head start in High School). the cost is 1000$ - 1300$ based on loaction.
You'd pay $1300 for a debating course? Why? That's moronic.