PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360, a smart strategy?

Akazukin
11-22-2005, 10:36 AM
Xbox1 was launched a year after Sony's PS2. Currently, 100million gamers have PS2 while only 20 million owns Xbox1. (4:1).

Thus, microsoft launched Xbox360 a year ahead of PS3. It hopes to be in the first place and reverse the ratio. Desperate consumers will be 'forced' to buy 360 as there are no other competitors.

But will it be a good strategy towards the gaming industry? Thinking about games, Square, Capcom, Konami and Namco comes to mind. Common sense tells us that these companies will offer more games to sony's PS3 and less to 360. Maybe this was another reason why Microsoft needs to launch her console before the PS3. Not surprisingly, MetalGear was confirmed only with PS3.

Do you think by selling products first, a company will be in the top? what are your views on the strategy?

howardmeis
11-22-2005, 02:20 PM
I think I might buy a 360 when I find money.

howardmeis
11-22-2005, 02:23 PM
Not letting me edit post and I din't notice this was ICG, so new one to fix old one.

I think that by releasing the 360 early, Microsoft will have some problems (internal hardware things and such) and so It's a risk buying one. And for $400 I think that would suck if it broke. Whereas the PS3 will be built SOLId, and I'm betting cost less also.

Greek
11-22-2005, 02:31 PM
Howard think before you speak please your an imbarresment to all of ICG, microsoft woul never release the 360 if there were major problems, and its confirmed already that the ps3 will cost more than the 360, by how much we don't know. I think microsoft is doing the rite thing, because i know that if I get a 360 that I wont be as likely to get a ps3 untill later in the year. One thing I want to pont out is that they shoul have waited another week so evryone could get one, and not be so limited to their supply.

howardmeis
11-23-2005, 08:05 AM
I win. http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

JLTucker
11-23-2005, 08:14 AM
You bastard. I just created a thread about this. Time to close. :)

Spike5
11-26-2005, 12:34 AM
I win. http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
These pictures seem to be mainly graphics problems so it seems Microsoft and ATI will have to have a chat about that.