PDA

View Full Version : Can host warcraft but lan client (router) cant join

therry_u
11-22-2005, 03:57 AM
Please, I need help!.
I am having problem of creating warcraft. My friend and I are sharing a router to connect to the internet. We do not have any firewall installed not even windows itself. My friend is using Win ME and I am using Win XP. His LAN IP is 192.x.x.2, and mine is 192.x.x.3, his computer forward 6113 and my computer forward 6112, strange thing is when I create game, everyone can join beside him, and when he is creating, everyone else can join beside me, is there any extra setting for router? I am using a AZTECH 600-EW router. Thanks

gamepin126
11-22-2005, 04:01 AM
Check your router, make sure you have ports 6112-6119 UDP open.

Make sure starcraft/broodwar has full access rights to your firewall.

To check your router go:
1)Start button>run>cmd
2)ipconfig
3)Remember/write down your gateway address. Then type that into your browser's address bar.
4)The default password should either be blank//blank or admin//admin. Your network admin might've changed it for security reasons.
5) Either endable DMZ(Opens all ports on the computer) or port forward the desired ports.

www.portforward.com if you still have questions.

You can alternately check the IP address by going to "Network Connections" and right clicking on your internet connection, select status, and clicking on the second tab.

On WinME:
Start>run>msdos

therry_u
11-22-2005, 04:06 AM
I did check everything and off firewall. I tried to act as DMZ host before, the same problem occur, others can join but my friend cant. We can play through lan but seems like on the battlenet itself we're facing problem joining each other games.

gamepin126
11-22-2005, 04:08 AM
I don't think WC3 supports NAT connections. Meaning you can't be in the same game.

Are you using the same CD-Key? What's the error you get when you try to join B.Net?